VN Ren'Py Completed Sister, Sister, Sister [Final] [Virtual Indecency]

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes

Phipz

Oct 28, 2018
So far the game is much fun to play.

But I had some minor bugs and would like to ask if they are "normal" or if something's wrong with my files.

For example when you receive the phone call from Jennifer about her parents fighting, the scene interrupts for the Mom-Date. But I didn't have the conversation with Mom about having a date ( I only know the conversation from the walkthrough ).

Or I talk to Gwen on the couch about Allessia , then ask her to go to her room and after the following scene I’m sitting in the room talking with Jennifer about Allessia instead of Gwen...

So will the latest Patch fix this up?

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
A good game. I like it a lot.

I hope the developer goes onto better.
Also wish luck and success for the developers of this game. But what I would suggest is plot out the story before starting. Then start developing the game/vn or whatever these things are.

Reactions: Centurion

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
guys whats the best version i should download ?

please help ?
The latest is the complete game. If you want an incomplete game that will allow you to believe that this games potential is out in the future and there is a chance it will be marvelous, then the second to the last. But I had to play the last chapter and was disappointed. If you want a more coherent game then I suggest @79flavors mod/fixes.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
The other thing to keep in mind is that @stevedave83 (the game's author) released a "fixed" version of his own yesterday.

guys whats the best version i should download ?
I am of course, biased. But here's my personal view...

If you want to see the "original" version of the game...
Grab .

If you want to see the "original" version, but disk space or internet download speed is an issue for you...
Grab the by @Kasey.

If you already played most of the game already...
Download and apply the by @BananaPyjama

If this is your first time playing SSS and/or you'd rather not see any bugs/spelling errors...
Grab the of the game I (re)wrote. <-- I'd suggest this version.. obviously.

Same as previous point, but you'd rather download 366meg instead of 1.9gig...
Grab the of my full patched version by @Kasey.

The @BananaPyjama patch fixes all critical bugs and a huge number of spelling/grammar mistakes.
My patch fixes all that and a bunch of non-critical bugs, more spelling/grammar, graphics glitches and generally everything else. I also rewrote some of the dialogue in specific places to be, as @Simon Jester says... more coherent.

"Best" is subjective.

My thinking is that some people won't want to play a patched version.

My patch version's extensive changes make it occasionally problematic when loading old saves... which is why I think BananaPyjama's version is better for anyone who've played a lot before.

And if you're happy to run a heavily modified version that fixes pretty much everything except the story... then there's my version.

JacobSB

Jan 5, 2018
FULLY PATCHED GAME Download from here... (~1.9gig)
Malwarebytes found "MachineLearning/Anomalous.97%" in LIB\WINDOWS-I686\SISTERSISTERSISTERCHAPTER15SE.EXE

This is the first time I see this type of 'threat', it looks like their neural network is 97% sure there is something wrong with this file (???). Mwbytes staff says this detection engine is heuristic, and there are a lot of false positives. But I just checked original version (?) from compressed .7z by another user, and mwbytes found nothing. I'm pretty sure it's nothing though, thank you for your work!

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Malwarebytes found "MachineLearning/Anomalous.97%" in LIB\WINDOWS-I686\SISTERSISTERSISTERCHAPTER15SE.EXE
Heuristics can be problematic at times.

Total virus flags it only 5/65 via separate virus checkers.
I'll continue to do some checking... but right now, I'm thinking false positive.

yaxir

Nov 3, 2017
The other thing to keep in mind is that @stevedave83 (the game's author) released a "fixed" version of his own yesterday.

I am of course, biased. But here's my personal view...

If you want to see the "original" version of the game...
Grab .

If you want to see the "original" version, but disk space or internet download speed is an issue for you...
Grab the by @Kasey.

If you already played most of the game already...
Download and apply the by @BananaPyjama

If this is your first time playing SSS and/or you'd rather not see any bugs/spelling errors...
Grab the of the game I (re)wrote.

Same as previous point, but you'd rather download 366meg instead of 1.9gig...
Grab the of my full patched version by @Kasey.

The @BananaPyjama patch fixes all critical bugs and a huge number of spelling/grammar mistakes.
My patch fixes all that and a bunch of non-critical bugs, more spelling/grammar, graphics glitches and generally everything else. I also rewrote some of the dialogue in specific places to be, as @Simon Jester says... more coherent.

"Best" is subjective.

My thinking is that some people won't want to play a patched version.

My patch version's extensive changes make it occasionally problematic when loading old saves... which is why I think BananaPyjama's version is better for anyone who've played a lot before.

And if you're happy to run a heavily modified version that fixes pretty much everything except the story... then there's my version.
I have never played the game and i am downloading the following variant

FULLY PATCHED GAME Download from here... (~1.9gig)

cos i'd want no lossy compression PLUS all the corrections you made to the game

thanks @79flavors

yaxir

Nov 3, 2017
lol, out of curiosity ... can you tell me, without spoiling, that what's wrong with the story ?

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
lol, out of curiosity ... can you tell me, without spoiling, that what's wrong with the story ?
Nope. :closedtongue:

Oh... okay then...
For the most part, the story was the one part of the game I refused to change. It wasn't my story and because of the episodic nature of the development, I could never be sure what the author had planned in the future. So I had to leave it alone.

Overall I think the various "paths" through the story got muddled and forgotten at various stages of development.
Sometimes the lack of cohesion seems obvious when you're playing. Sometimes it's only obvious when you know the various routes through the story that the player "didn't" see.

Which isn't to say the story is bad. It just feels a little disconnected sometimes... more so when you've looked at it as closely as I have. It's no , but it's a damned sight better than average.
There are also a few too many occasions where the player does something wrong, but the game doesn't let the player know they've missed out on something. There's also a couple of good scenes where the player needs to NOT do something - which is really hard for most players to achieve without a walkthrough.

Simon Jester

Aug 14, 2018
Nope. :closedtongue:

Oh... okay then...
For the most part, the story was the one part of the game I refused to change. It wasn't my story and because of the episodic nature of the development, I could never be sure what the author had planned in the future. So I had to leave it alone.

Overall I think the various "paths" through the story got muddled and forgotten at various stages of development.
Sometimes the lack of cohesion seems obvious when you're playing. Sometimes it's only obvious when you know the various routes through the story that the player "didn't" see.

Which isn't to say the story is bad. It just feels a little disconnected sometimes... more so when you've looked at it as closely as I have. It's no , but it's a damned sight better than average.
There are also a few too many occasions where the player does something wrong, but the game doesn't let the player know they've missed out on something. There's also a couple of good scenes where the player needs to NOT do something - which is really hard for most players to achieve without a walkthrough.
In addition to what @79flavors said, the last chapter is unrealistically rushed. In the next to the last chapter, the characters (Gwen and MC) are trying to get to the level where they can combat the strega. About three slides in to the last chapter the MC gets the final battle without any plot/training/or explanation how this battle could even happen much less be won. So it was somewhat emotionally unsatisfying. Now I'm not saying you shouldn't play it, just be aware the ending is more of a cliff drop than a satisfying ending (in my opinion).

3.00 star(s) 51 Votes