HTML Abandoned Sistersitting / Housesitting [Day 11 Scene 01] [i107760]

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes

MoolaMoona1

Jan 1, 2019
Well, I've went ahead and actually tried reading it this time. Figured I should at the very least give this a chance.

Jesus H. Christ, that was a bad idea. The absolute societal waste on display is frightening. Tesla cars, a house with multiple bathrooms, distant parents, and a girl hurling down a path of becoming one of the many broken, glorified circus clowns they call olympic athletes, because she gets praised for it. It's just the end of day 2, I'm probably nowhere near anything lewd, and I already feel like my mind's been fucked by what I've read.

Author: I realise this is all based on your life experiences and stuff, so I just wanna make it clear that I don't mean to insult you. But I can't stomach your world.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Author: I realise this is all based on your life experiences and stuff, so I just wanna make it clear that I don't mean to insult you. But I can't stomach your world.
Nope, it's not based on my life at all ;) I grew up very poor, actually. I'll take it as a compliment on my writing and the ability to make you immerse yourself into it.

MoolaMoona1

Jan 1, 2019
Nope, it's not based on my life at all ;) I grew up very poor, actually. I'll take it as a compliment on my writing and the ability to make you immerse yourself into it.
You know, I was thinking "Wouldn't it be funny if this guy was actually poor, and was just very good at writing?"

Well, now I'm positively impressed. I guess I'm obligated to finish it.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Well, now I'm positively impressed. I guess I'm obligated to finish it.
Glad to hear you'll be finishing it.

I hope everyone has had a great valentines day. I've just posted the on my Patreon, which means the update is basically ready. I plan to do go through my writing one more time, and then, post the update in a couple of days. I hope you're looking forward to it (if you haven't read the scenes yet ^^).

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
New update is out! Read about it on for a changelog and devblog, hope you'll enjoy it.

I've gone and added a poll too, because the sex scene with Sarah is something I'm not entirely sure of yet. If you have any feedback to help improve it, let me know, and I'll be sure to take into account to improve this scene, as well as future scenes.

Last edited:

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I'm a little disappointed that the person you do some sexy times with isn't the sister... wake me up when there's some sister sex... otherwise I'm-ma goin back to bed.
I get you, but for plot's sake, I felt that the Sarah storyline was necessary. I appreciate people are looking forward to scenes with the main girl, have some patience ^^
Rough current outline has Sarah story over with in about 3~ updates more. Sex scenes with the main girl will come some time after that (not entirely sure when exactly, haven't plotted that far out yet in detail).
The writing is so wonderfully done, you should consider hooking up with a publisher and making this into a physical novel.
Thanks, but I doubt anyone would be willing to publish something like this, and it sounds like it'd be a bother. I'm really not in it for the money, just writing for my own enjoyment. Glad to hear you liked it!
This looks interesting I will try play later tonight.
Let me know what you think of it, and thanks for giving it a shot.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Just a warning for the developer - due to the game image:

If a character seems child-like, she is a child in the eyes of the law (in both the US and EU countries). A flat chested girl is, according to criminal practice, always pre-puberscent, and it does not matter which age you try to explain her to be.
It also does not matter if a game is with artwork or text based. However, removing the cover image and you may get away with the freeform input choice. But not a flat-chested girl.

Fyo

Aug 14, 2017
Just a warning for the developer - due to the game image:

If a character seems child-like, she is a child in the eyes of the law (in both the US and EU countries). A flat chested girl is, according to criminal practice, always pre-puberscent, and it does not matter which age you try to explain her to be.
It also does not matter if a game is with artwork or text based. However, removing the cover image and you may get away with the freeform input choice. But not a flat-chested girl.
I don't think this is true.

Reactions: Ankoku and i107760

Caffe63

Dec 16, 2021
I'm happy to see another update as I've really enjoyed this so far but I myself will be leaving this until a later update as I must admit the Sarah path is not really of interest to me personally and if you put a choice in I would be declining to get involved with her.

I do understand this is part of the story you feel you have to tell and I'm not trying to tell you what to write, it's your story after all, but to me forcing that route on me means going down a road I don't want to hence why I'll be probably skipping the updates until the focus is back on the sister. I'm not in a rush for you to get them sleeping together as you write their developing relationship very well and i enjoy seeing it slowly play out.

On the subject of putting artwork in the game I actually prefer keeping this text based as you write well enough to immerse me into the story without any visual stimuli but everyone is different at the end of the day and I'm the type of person who prefers the book to the film in the majority of cases.

Reactions: i107760 and Fyo

Lvstinger5

Dec 26, 2019
just downloaded this game tonight as I've been in the mood for text based games, so this new update came at a great time. as I've been reading the comments I've seen that 1. the sister loses focus and it changes over to a girl named Sarah (haven't read far enough to have met her in the story) this lowers my want to play quite a bit but I completely understand why you did it. so I will still read all of it seeing as your writing thus far has been VERY good and has really drawn me into your world. 2. I've seen MANY people ask for art work and give their opinions on the matter. I for one really like the text based format and wished there were more games like it. I will say however that I think a few pieces of art would help greatly. maybe when a character is introduced you could have an establishing picture of them. your detailing of characters is pretty good though so I don't know if you'd need that. all in all I've enjoyed the read very much so far and hope the sister becomes the focus again soon. Keep up the good work man!!!!

Edit: I take back what I said about Sarah. as much as id like the sister to be the focus, Sarah is LITERALLY my EXACT type lol. so as of right now I have 0 complaints for this game. good job!

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: i107760

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I'm happy to see another update as I've really enjoyed this so far but I myself will be leaving this until a later update as I must admit the Sarah path is not really of interest to me personally and if you put a choice in I would be declining to get involved with her.
Totally understandable, her storyline will be over in around 2-3 updates. I hope that her part in the story starts to make sense once the next updates are released.

Edit: I take back what I said about Sarah. as much as id like the sister to be the focus, Sarah is LITERALLY my EXACT type lol. so as of right now I have 0 complaints for this game. good job!
Heh, thanks :D Thanks for playing the game and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. I've considered commissioning artwork for avatars in the past, but decided against it—one of the powers of a text-only game is that the characters can look exactly like what the players prefer. I give some details of course on their appearance, but it's up to the player's mind to complete the picture and fill in the gaps.

Last edited:

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Let me know what you think of it, and thanks for giving it a shot.
1. First, to get it out of the way, a few words about novels, formats and visual aids.

It's a novel. It's OK. In its present form it's alright.

It could have some additional materials like illustrations of what the girls could look like. (Perhaps at different age: let's say, 18 years old Jules and her pics from back when she was 13, 15 etc.). We readers could even give some input, sending you some cute girls pics. :p

If it would be a complete game with lots of bells and whistles, I could imagine even a question at the start, like, "Which girl do you think she is", and having the user to choose between sets of pictures to show a particular girl as Jules (and the same for Sarah of course). It's not necessarily a fully illustrated game but maybe just an in-game yearbook.

By the way, the game could be easily converted to Ren'Py. Then of course it would become larger (megabytes instead of kilobytes), but the save/load function would be better. And adding visual stuff would be easy. (I don't know about that HTML engine you use. I've seen it but didn't explore much.)

If you need any advice on Ren'Py, feel free to ask here or on its forums. There are people versed in that area.

Here's an example what a Ren'Py script of this game might look like:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Get Ren'Py SDK, create a new game and put this code as script.rpy, and you will see how it works.

Even better with some pictures (unpack the attachment in a fresh Ren'Py "game" folder, and you will get this):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't want to distract you from writing, but if you ever thought about converting the game to Ren'Py, that's some food for reflection :p.

2. Now about the text. I like this update!

2.1. I might
  • shorten the latest description of risotto cooking by a phrase or two,
  • and add a phrase or two to Sarah's sex episode - describing my feelings like tenderness and joy, and their expressions on her face,
but in general it's OK and well done.

2.2. Like some guys commented previously, I disliked the cold and manipulative talk with the woman, so I'm glad that now it's better.

However the previous version was very clear that Ziemo was afraid of loosing his position of unique closeness to Jules, and it's the part which was done right.

What was wrong from my point of view, I would be more open and kind to the woman. I would say something along the lines, "Me and Jules are a team. I don't want to lose that. So don't interfere with the management etc., we got this alright. However, if you want to spend more time with her, you are welcome. Training sessions, competitions, family activities etc."

That would mean more kindness and less stress in Jules' life. If he loves her, he would do that for her. At the same time, some insincerity or shallowness might indeed be there in the woman's behavior. So she would hardly change her habits a lot (maybe coming to the pool for Jules a couple of times etc.). I think it wouldn't harm the general story, maybe even add some spice of desiring the girl but fearing the interference from the new observer (the woman).

So I like the new version of the dialogue, but I would tone down the hatred part, and add that kindness consideration etc. After that, moving to the last part: "Oh, and you can actually help - with money, school negotiations etc etc or whatever..."

Also it seems insincere when Ziemo talks about Jules' motivation:

That's wrong too! If our mother comes in now and suddenly starts... loving us, who's to tell how long it'll last? And what about her swimming, she might lose her most important motivation for competing, or she might get confused about these changes...

I see my mother look down at her bracelet and fiddle with it.
I think he already talked with Jules about that, so he knows that was not her motivation. And anyways her happiness is what's important, not Olympic medals. So I would remove or rewrite this part:
That's wrong too! If our mother comes in now and suddenly starts... loving us, who's to tell how long it'll last? And what about her swimming, she might lose her most important motivation for competing, or she might get confused about these changes...

I see my mother look down at her bracelet and fiddle with it. She could be serious, but even so... I... I frown, uncertain. What to do? If she goes and tries to make up now, distracts her, and causes her to lose motivation, and then goes back to her old self, what then? Won't Julia be even sadder then—

But I need her support! We need her money. So how do I keep her happy, while keeping her away from Jules?
OK, thank you very much for the game!

Waiting for the next update... :p

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
PS. Correction: in the script above, to have really nvl-style menu (meaning: in the text), add this string somewhere in the script (preferably before "label start"):

define menu = nvl_menu

And BTW, looking at the script if you think you are too lazy to write \" instead of just ", note that it's easy to substitute " with \" from a text editor... or we can write a simple script to convert dialogs from text or from HTML to Ren'Py format.

Just saying... :)

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes