HTML Abandoned Sistersitting / Housesitting [Day 11 Scene 01] [i107760]

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes

sirrob119

Oct 27, 2019
People don't shower naked before and after entering the pool in the fictional land this story takes place in?
Sounds awful.
It's pretty strange the girl doesn't just take the buss or ride a bike to the pool, how dependent is she?
Also no ones going to become an olympic level athlete without helicopter parents pushing it 24/7 so that parents who only interact via paying for hobby bit is oxymoronic.
Never even heard of showering before you enter a pool. Only after.

Reactions: blarg0192

sirrob119

Oct 27, 2019
As for
i107760
I have a question. What's left to do seeing how its so close to being complete? I was wondering if I should wait till it hits ver1.0 or just play it now as is.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
As for
i107760
I have a question. What's left to do seeing how its so close to being complete? I was wondering if I should wait till it hits ver1.0 or just play it now as is.
What makes you believe it's close to complete?

Next update will be v0.10.0, not v1.0.0, I'm using a sort of " " where the middle digit is "major updates" (meaning a full day or two), and the third digit is for "small changes" (such as adding a new scene, retouching old content, etc.)

And when I consider the story to be "complete", I will bump the version to v1.0.0, this will be when the main route is completed. After that, I might do some more updates like v1.x.x to add more content/routes. So, it's probably best to just play it now.

It's going to take quite a few more major updates before the main route will be completed.

sirrob119

Oct 27, 2019
What makes you believe it's close to complete?

Next update will be v0.10.0, not v1.0.0, I'm using a sort of " " where the middle digit is "major updates" (meaning a full day or two), and the third digit is for "small changes" (such as adding a new scene, retouching old content, etc.)

And when I consider the story to be "complete", I will bump the version to v1.0.0, this will be when the main route is completed. After that, I might do some more updates like v1.x.x to add more content/routes. So, it's probably best to just play it now.

It's going to take quite a few more major updates before the main route will be completed.
Ah sorry, apparently im retarded.

• Red Heart
Reactions: i107760

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
i107760

Sorry, this just may be a 'dumb' question, as I don't 'read' a lot of VN's, so , my confusion/misunderstanding, may be to something that's a 'standard' procedure/practice, of this genre.

I'm on " Day 03 - Sunday, 13:24. The Backyard. ", at the bottom of the page, there are two Blue links, that normally, would be conceived as 'choices', (and how I have been 'treating them' up to this point).

Both, have a number in the top-right-corner of each link, usually [1] and [2], which I hadn't really paid any notice to before this point .

Picking my choice, (the 2nd one, Massage her ass [2] ), the next page, started with what looked like, in the middle of a sentence, and not a start , of a new passage. Reading what followed, seemed like I 'skipped' a whole page, of story. I went back one page, and I'm back where I had just made that choice.

Now, I'm thinking, maybe those numbers mean something, . . . "different ", than what I originally thought :
the numbers, indicating the number of different choices, you can choose from.

Instead, maybe, they indicate, you must 'click' number 1, ( Massage her legs [1] ) first, then, go back, and choose the number 2 choice ( Massage her ass [2] )?

I'm finding this confusing . :confused: As that means, I missed a lot of 'story' when I didn't always 'click' both links .:oops:

Also, found 2 spots where "code", was left in the dialog, in place of a word ?
I'll try to remember where, IF, I have to start at the beginning again . :rolleyes:

By-the-way, I really like the 'story' . . . and I look forward to experiencing the rest, once I figure out "How" to proceed . :unsure:

EDIT #1 :

Went back, to " Day 03 - Sunday, 13:24. The Backyard " , again . . . 'clicked' "Massage her legs [1] " , the page continues . . .

And reading it, seems to 'take' you to the "Sarah" Path . . . ?

Okay, never-mind . . . it seems for some reason, when I clicked the second link, it went to the middle of the next passage, instead of continuing from where /how it usually does .

So, they ARE different choices you can make . . . As I thought in the first place .

Sorry , for the ' mix-up', from my end :oops::whistle:

Last edited:

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Both, have a number in the top-right-corner of each link, usually [1] and [2], which I hadn't really paid any notice to before this point .
These numbers are the keyboard shortcut to take the choice, they're not some sort of walk-through or guide. My game allows keyboard navigation, I might need to make some type of tutorial about this, actually, to explain the keys available to players.

In general, I offer very few choices, intentionally (as explained in Developer's Note). Most choices in the game so far are just alternatives to scenes, to let you play the character you want—are you someone who spies on her, or not? Won't have a meaningful impact on the story but it's just for flavor/the option to have a bit of an exciting scene in the early game through spying on her.
If you choose to massage her ass, it should lead to a bad end, while the other choice just continues you with the game as intended.

The Sarah path is not determined there yet, it's just a bad end for fun. Choices between Sarah and Julia will be more obvious, where the choice is made in the scene itself such as during the dream on day eight.

Also, found 2 spots where "code", was left in the dialog, in place of a word ?
I've already fixed those on my local copy, thanks for catching them, though. Sorry for releasing the update with the code leaking like that, hopefully it was not too distracting.

Glad to hear you liked the story/game, if you have any other questions, let me know!

Last edited:

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
if you have any other questions, let me know!
Maybe it's just me, but that "white arrow" ( ——> ), "new passage" indicator, can be differcult to find, amongst all the other "white" dialog, especially, when the 'browser' doesn't 'put' you where you need to be, sometimes, after 'clicking' that Blue Link at the bottom .

Can you maybe, high-light it in yellow ( ——> ) ? or would that be not possible ?
I don't think it would really lessen the 'immersiveness', of the story, but it'd sure make it easier to find those passages ! ;)
(IMO)

Edit: Something I just noticed :

While reading this passage :

"I know, but really, nothing is wrong," she pauses for a second, "I really don't know why I reacted like that yesterday. I'm not lying. I'm not that shy." She's silent for a moment then continues, "I've been feeling weird the last two days. My emotions they're just out of control. I'm happy one moment then sad the other, and I don't know why."
"Really? Are you feeling okay apart from that?"

There should be a "separation spacing" between the end of Julia's dialog, and the Brother's comment ""Really? Are you feeling okay apart from that?"

or is/was it just me, thinking Julia, said "Really? Are you feeling okay apart from that?" It had me confused, for a bit, as to whom was saying what,
(that's why some authors use "colored dialog", to differentiate, between different persons talking/speaking ).

Sometimes I'm finding it difficult to follow some dialogs, cause you don't always know who's talking, till the end, where you see "she says", and you've already 'read it' in the PC's voice . . . though, that's why "separations", between dialogs is helpful .

Did I make that clear ? Or are you confused now ?

Last edited:

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
i107760

I just have to say this:

Sarah's dialog :

Reads more of a Young Woman, closer to the PC's age, (or even older then the PC, at times), than being at the same, age, as the PC's 'little'/younger, sister Julia . . . especially, after her Date, with the PC .

Before that "Date", her dialog, was more in line, of the age, of Julia .

( Boy . . . did she 'mature' fast :oops:) IMO

PS - This is also, why sometimes it's 'good' to have Images
. . . cause by how it 'reads', sometimes it doesn't convey, really well, the 'look & feel', of the 'character's, as how the, Author, is really trying to present them to be.
(not sure this makes 'sense', to anybody, other than me ) :unsure:

Last edited:

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Sarah's dialog...
Dialogue is hard, it's definitely the part I struggle most with. Not really planning to go and rework her dialogue in a major way right now, but if I go through scenes that contain her dialogue in the future it's something I will pay attention to see if I can improve it.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Can you maybe, high-light it in yellow
I can do this, need to see if I like it, though.

As for colored dialogue, that's not going to happen, because it's too much work for me. I don't track internally which dialogue belongs to what character, it would mean going back through all the text and marking it by hand—too much work, and I don't think I would like how it looks, either.

Reactions: Feyd

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
As for colored dialogue, that's not going to happen, because it's too much work for me. I don't track internally which dialogue belongs to what character, it would mean going back through all the text and marking it by hand—too much work, and I don't think I would like how it looks, either.
Wasn't really expecting you to, (make the dialogs different colors, wasn't really necessary).

. . . it was more about , separating the dialogs, being said by the two different people speaking, and not having Julia's dialog, running straight, into, her Brother's dialog, making it, sometimes harder, to know/read, who is saying what, & when .

Guess, I didn't make it clear enough, by using that, extracted section, of the dialog, to show what I meant .

There was also, too much information, in that posting, making some things harder to 'see', and not interpreted well enough.

Sorry, for that confusion .

Looking forward to the 'next' installments ! ;)

PS - Liked much, the "Julia's Diary" sections, helps to 'see' her thinking on what's 'happening' to their 'changing relationship', (and how she really feels about her Brother's, escalating relationship with Sarah :oops:), and how she's affected by it .
(also, to see, if what she is feeling, coincides, with what 'we' think, she's feeling, about/for, her Brother, as things progress.):unsure:

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
. . . it was more about , separating the dialogs, being said by the two different people speaking, and not having Julia's dialog, running straight, into, her Brother's dialog, making it, sometimes harder, to know/read, who is saying what, & when .
If there are instances this happens, it's an accident. When a different person speaks, it should always be with an empty line in between as you said.
The one you quoted is actually part of the patch, hence me not commenting on it. I assume the modder who makes the patch will fix it for next update, though.
Liked much, the "Julia's Diary" sections, helps to 'see' her thinking on what's 'happening' to their 'changing relationship', (and how she really feels about her Brother's, escalating relationship with Sarah :oops:), and how she's affected by it .
Glad to hear you like it. I implemented them for this exact reason, as well as to skip days every now and then while still providing a short recap of what happened in them.
I hope the changing relationship between the boy and girl is being executed well, and that her feelings towards things are realistic. We'll see how well my ideas work in the coming few updates :)

Next update should come out in March, probably towards the end of it.

Dec 25, 2020
Really nice story progression now.

Every time I come back there is something new.

I had an idea.
When Sara gives you a handjob and you are on sister's path, MC could have the line: "I wonder what it would feel like if Julie would do this." or imagine her doing it instead, have that thought pop into his head.
And when on Sara's path you could have him realise then that he didn't even think of Julie but suddenly Sara replaces her in his dirty fantasies, and that his fixation on Julie prior to that was because he only spent time with her and lived for her and never had time for and with any other girl, but now that he is getting closer to Sara, that has changed.

• Red Heart

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Really nice story progression now.

Every time I come back there is something new.
Glad to hear you liked the new update! Next update should come out next month, working on it right now.

And when on Sara's path you could have him realise then that he didn't even think of Julie but suddenly Sara replaces her in his dirty fantasies...
There's similar thoughts being expressed in a scene in the new update, so I'll probably not add it to the Sarah scene itself. Thanks for the feedback, I'm always happy to hear ideas on how to improve scenes.

Reactions: Feyd
Dec 25, 2020
Glad to hear you liked the new update! Next update should come out next month, working on it right now.

There's similar thoughts being expressed in a scene in the new update, so I'll probably not add it to the Sarah scene itself. Thanks for the feedback, I'm always happy to hear ideas on how to improve scenes.
You're very welcome mate.
Congrats on the great story so far. Really liking your update speed at the moment.

You don't need much improvement. You're certainly doing better than I would.

• Red Heart

Lewd0z

Jul 13, 2018
I stumbled upon this from the latest updates, and I have to say, I'm so grateful that I did.

This really made me reflect on my standards for what makes a good text-only game. Seriously, I'm impressed. Between the bonds and characters It's all rather believable and I find myself often sympathizing with them, Fully invested into this.

Not much criticism to be said that hasn't already been said, You've really made a unique experience.
Keep up the good work!

apk123

Jan 3, 2022
I have a question about the content, is it supposed to end after week 2 or am I missing some way to get further?

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes