HTML Abandoned Sistersitting / Housesitting [Day 11 Scene 01] [i107760]

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Getting this when either doing continue or load from disk

Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'Sarah')

Error: <<set>>: bad evaluation: Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'PCStern')
Do not know if this will break it down the line or not nut thought I would report it anyway.

Edit:Seems if you start over from the beginning(and fast fwd through), it does not give that error and does not use the default names instead of the ones I picked. So it is some issue with using last releases save files.

Last edited:

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Edit:Seems if you start over from the beginning(and fast fwd through), it does not give that error and does not use the default names instead of the ones I picked. So it is some issue with using last releases save files.
This error should be harmless, and unrelated to any issue you have with selected names not working. However, yes, you probably do need a new save for this update - I changed how a lot of the underlying variables were tracked. If you have trouble with it using the wrong names, on a new save, could you please explain in more detail?

I'm not at home right now, so I cannot fix the bug, but I believe I know the cause (variables are declared on settings page, you get the error on welcome page). Either way, that error should be harmless.

Reactions: Feyd

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
This error should be harmless, and unrelated to any issue you have with selected names not working. However, yes, you probably do need a new save for this update - I changed how a lot of the underlying variables were tracked. If you have trouble with it using the wrong names, on a new save, could you please explain in more detail?

I'm not at home right now, so I cannot fix the bug, but I believe I know the cause (variables are declared on settings page, you get the error on welcome page). Either way, that error should be harmless.
On a new playthrough and new saves, the names are displayed correctly, as I set them and no errors at the top of page. If I loaded a save from ver 0.9.8 or just hit continue on the start page, got those errors at top, on every page and it changed her name back to the default.

Jun 7, 2020
No wonder this story has been confusing to me. I been naming the little sister Sarah since the beginning and just now tried it only using Julia as a name XD

• Haha
Reactions: i107760

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
No wonder this story has been confusing to me. I been naming the little sister Sarah since the beginning and just now tried it only using Julia as a name XD
Well, Sarah is a great name, seems we have similar taste. Now that the Sarah storyline is nearly finished, I should have probably already allowed the player to rename her, like Julia.
I'll implement it for the next update. That way you can rename both the girls, and call them however you like.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Well, Sarah is a great name, seems we have similar taste. Now that the Sarah storyline is nearly finished, I should have probably already allowed the player to rename her, like Julia.
I'll implement it for the next update. That way you can rename both the girls, and call them however you like.
Sarah is not a bad name, just not someone important in my lifetime. I tend to name the MC after myself, if it is a male protagonist, unless the guy is worthless, then I name him after a moron I went to school with 35 years ago then proceed to cuck him, hopefully with another dude I name after myself. I tend to name the females after actual lovers I have had in my life and a few I wanted to be lovers but never worked out.

One game I recently played though, I named my MC after me then it turned out the worthless boyfriend whom I was stealing his girl, the dev used my name for the asshole, heh.

Mar 14, 2019
Can someone tell me just how loli is this game? Is it something i will be able to ignore, or is it going to make me feel like my soul needs a shower afterwards?

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Can someone tell me just how loli is this game? Is it something i will be able to ignore, or is it going to make me feel like my soul needs a shower afterwards?
If you intend to use the patch, this is from the configuration screen. The patch author gives you quite a lot of freedom:
1660751770187.png
Otherwise, you could use the patch, but leave the ages at vanilla. A lot of people play like that too. Or not use the patch at all if you're not into incest.

EDIT: All the reported bugs have been fixed as well now, hopefully that was it.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018
I have a question, but to start off, I would like to say that from what I've read so far, the interactions with the sister and the writing itself is very good and well done, cudos to the author.

How much are you required to do with Sarah? I'm currently at the point where the MC is planning on asking her out, and I really don't want to get involved with anyone other than the sister.

Jan 28, 2018
I have a question, but to start off, I would like to say that from what I've read so far, the interactions with the sister and the writing itself is very good and well done, cudos to the author.

How much are you required to do with Sarah? I'm currently at the point where the MC is planning on asking her out, and I really don't want to get involved with anyone other than the sister.
Haven't checked this version but when I last played you have the date scene and after that, you make some choices which seemed to determine if the MC pursues Sarah's relationship further. So yeah, last I remember, only up to the date is mandatory.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
It is required, the Sarah arc is part of the story arc between the boy and the main girl. You will make some choices during the gameplay, that will decide if you go into the Sarah path or remain on the main story path (Julia).
The next full update (which adds Day 11) will be where the purpose of the Sarah arc in relation to the main path starts to make sense (though you can already perhaps make some guesses as to where it is headed), and then, the update after that is where you make the decision between Sarah and Julia.

Haven't checked this version but when I last played you have the date scene and after that, you make some choices which seemed to determine if the MC pursues Sarah's relationship further. So yeah, last I remember, only up to the date is mandatory.
There is some more overlap/mandatory stuff to do with Sarah when you plan to go with Julia in the end. Hopefully, when the next update(s) release it will all make sense. The main story between the boy and girl has always been my focus, and Sarah was introduced as a plot device for that (though, I've tried to do a good job of making her feel like a character with a different personality and style than Julia).

Is it still very slow and basically don't have "enough" h stuff?
Last few updates have had some more H-scenes between the main and Sarah. It's still a very slow story, though, yes, so it depends on you if it's something you'd enjoy or not.

cantwakeup111

Mar 3, 2018
It is really sweet how the MC really truly deeply cares about his sis. Of course it's also fucked up in a way but that's why we're here, isn't it?

My only gripe with the game is that at the current pace of updates it will take ages to get near the end. I suppose you can't rush quality though.

I voted "too slow" in the poll but story-wise i think it's paced really quite well. The only thing that makes it feel too slow is the pace of updates.

Last edited:

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
My only gripe with the game is that at the current pace of updates it will take ages to get near the end. I suppose you can't rush quality though.
I wrote the plot outline when I had more time and updates were faster. I could redo the story in some way to remove the Sarah plot line, and come up with a new one, that speeds up the development between the main character and the girl. But, that's not really the story I wanted to tell, and I still have faith in my original outline for the story. So while I understand it's frustrating, I do want to just tell the story I imagined, in the best way I can.

I believe that to make the relationship between the main boy and girl transcend their current status, it needs some sort of trigger/device to make it happen. Because, as you said, he does genuinely love her in a non-romantic way (as well). And for him to somehow manipulate her into it becoming something else doesn't feel right to me. Sarah is this trigger/device, I won't spoil how exactly I see it happening, but I believe it's becoming a little clear already.

I voted "too slow" in the poll but story-wise i think it's paced really quite well. The only thing that makes it feel too slow is the pace of updates.
Yes, I expect you're not the only one. It's something I myself am aware of too, so that's okay. I just use the poll as some indication on how the (in-story) pacing of the progression of their relationship is going.

Ryuji

Jul 18, 2017
It's been a while since I last saw this (v0.6.6 if I am not mistaken), I love slow-burn games because for me they make way more sense when the characters get together, but I also like to wait until we have at least something sexual starting, so I would like to ask if we can do something with the sister, it does not have to be much, just the initial stuff like touching and kissing.
PS: I know about Sarah but I am mostly interested in the sister only.

cantwakeup111

Mar 3, 2018
I wrote the plot outline when I had more time and updates were faster. I could redo the story in some way to remove the Sarah plot line, and come up with a new one, that speeds up the development between the main character and the girl. But, that's not really the story I wanted to tell, and I still have faith in my original outline for the story. So while I understand it's frustrating, I do want to just tell the story I imagined, in the best way I can.

I believe that to make the relationship between the main boy and girl transcend their current status, it needs some sort of trigger/device to make it happen. Because, as you said, he does genuinely love her in a non-romantic way (as well). And for him to somehow manipulate her into it becoming something else doesn't feel right to me. Sarah is this trigger/device, I won't spoil how exactly I see it happening, but I believe it's becoming a little clear already.
Yeah I enjoyed what there is enough that I don't want some possibly bastardized version of it just for the sake of getting it faster. I mean hell, I've waited a literal decade for certain books (fuck you Drothfuss, release Doors of Stone already). Keep going at it at whatever pace is possible for you mate.

Yes, I expect you're not the only one. It's something I myself am aware of too, so that's okay. I just use the poll as some indication on how the (in-story) pacing of the progression of their relationship is going.
The in-story pacing is great so far. I'd think the majority of the "too slow" votes has to do more with the update frequency rather than the story itself, as happened with my vote.

On another note, I want to say I really enjoyed how the MC isn't perfect all around and acts selfishly at times. For example, I thought he handled the thing with their mother quite poorly (so far) yet very relatably.
Honestly, once again, great job mate so far mate.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
It's been a while since I last saw this (v0.6.6 if I am not mistaken), I love slow-burn games because for me they make way more sense when the characters get together, but I also like to wait until we have at least something sexual starting, so I would like to ask if we can do something with the sister, it does not have to be much, just the initial stuff like touching and kissing.
PS: I know about Sarah but I am mostly interested in the sister only.
No, not yet. It's not compatible with the story line for them to cross that line (part of the reason he asked Sarah out is to stop himself from crossing it, after all). Ignoring a romantic (physical) relationship, I'd say there has been development in the relationship between the main boy and girl.

Sarah story line as indicated in another comment above will end in two more major updates (so ~v0.12.0 in my estimation, as of this moment). The story line for what happens after that is not clear enough yet to give any solid indication on how long this type of content will take, but I imagine it will be in one, or two updates after, since at that point the way they feel about each other is clear to themselves, and all that is left to develop it in a realistic and interesting way. Hopefully, that helps in deciding if you should keep waiting.

On another note, I want to say I really enjoyed how the MC isn't perfect all around and acts selfishly at times. For example, I thought he handled the thing with their mother quite poorly (so far) yet very relatably.
The conversations and general relationship with the landlady is very hard for me. I talked about it in detail in some older post here: https://f95zone.to/threads/sistersi...-0-fixed-4-i107760.61206/page-30#post-7524006, it's about my thoughts when I was rewriting the conversation to its current state.

Soonish, another conversation with her is happening. It's going to be hard to execute it well, I've written down the basics of it, but it's a scene I'm still very uncertain of. I'm glad to hear you like the story, and thanks for dropping by with your opinion.
As put on my Patreon, I plan to post the next diary page on my Patreon either this Sunday, or the next, at latest.

ASERDDERERT

Jun 8, 2019
It is required, the Sarah arc is part of the story arc between the boy and the main girl. You will make some choices during the gameplay, that will decide if you go into the Sarah path or remain on the main story path (Julia).
The next full update (which adds Day 11) will be where the purpose of the Sarah arc in relation to the main path starts to make sense (though you can already perhaps make some guesses as to where it is headed), and then, the update after that is where you make the decision between Sarah and Julia.

There is some more overlap/mandatory stuff to do with Sarah when you plan to go with Julia in the end. Hopefully, when the next update(s) release it will all make sense. The main story between the boy and girl has always been my focus, and Sarah was introduced as a plot device for that (though, I've tried to do a good job of making her feel like a character with a different personality and style than Julia).

Last few updates have had some more H-scenes between the main and Sarah. It's still a very slow story, though, yes, so it depends on you if it's something you'd enjoy or not.
Will, it is always nice to have long story, for diversity. Just I remember it as very long story without actual "enough" h-content. Which is down side for me for h-game.
Ty for answer.

P.S.
Or when h-scenes are very short. And it is in the text based game...

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Or when h-scenes are very short. And it is in the text based game...
I thought the sex scene in this update was quite lengthy, it pretty much takes up a whole scene. Same story for the one in Day 08. Granted, I do struggle with writing them, and they could be better. I'm hoping that I improve as I write more of them, and then, I can maybe go back and edit the old ones if I feel like I can improve them further.

Reactions: Fyo and Feyd

ASERDDERERT

Jun 8, 2019
I thought the sex scene in this update was quite lengthy, it pretty much takes up a whole scene. Same story for the one in Day 08. Granted, I do struggle with writing them, and they could be better. I'm hoping that I improve as I write more of them, and then, I can maybe go back and edit the old ones if I feel like I can improve them further.
Sorry, my bad that I didn't made it clear. I spoke in general. Still didn't check new update.
And I spoke about it cuz it is what inherent more to none jap devs. This is what I see pretty frequently.

About writing. I do have some hobby, writing short stories. So I kinda feel u.)
If u will re-edit, only don't get stuck in this loop. xD

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes