Skyrim Patreon mods

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Arclight89

Sep 30, 2023
Does anyone know if SchakenMods places identification info into the files when they are downloaded. Just curious as I renewed by account for a month and would be willing to share as long as the files aren't linked to the account.

Reactions: piratkopiering
May 19, 2022
Hi.
I'm trying to install NEFARAM but is down from wabbajack, I've already got the list and all the mods necessary but not the files that were store in wabbajack itself:

- NEFARAM 11 Voice Pack & Bodyslide.zip
- NEFARAM 0.10 Bodyslides.zip
- BaboDialogue Voice Pack.zip
- NEFARAM 0.9 Bodyslides.zip
- NEFARAM AYGAS Voice.zip
- NEFARAM 0.7 Bodyslides.zip

Does anyone have and can share those files?
just run the wabbajack. it downloads those for you

arturooteruelo

Oct 30, 2023
just run the wabbajack. it downloads those for you
Normally it would but the list is down because one of the mods got nuked, I tried again but installer direct links are not working. I have everything else but is impossible to get those files without wabbajack.
I hope someone has the files and shares a link, but I know the files are big.

Arclight89

Sep 30, 2023
Does something like that even exist?
Yeah, it does with some downloads. Information can be added to the file that provides the account information that downloaded it so that it can be traced back to the user who shared it. I don't know if it is common with mods though. I'm not overly worried about it, but just wanted to check if anyone knew if this was the case.

211Rudens

Aug 17, 2016
Shaders do not show up for me ingame, even reloading. Using latest ReShade 5.9.2. :-/

EDIT: Yeah, so having the shaders in the COMPLETE folder seems to hide them from compiling....?
Because you have to add COMPLETE folder to list of folders Reshade should read for in Settings tab of Reshade.

Or just add ** at the end of the reshade-shaders/Shaders/** like this in Reshade.ini and Reshade will read all files and folders in Shaders folder.

nobody9265

Jan 15, 2019
Does anyone know if SchakenMods places identification info into the files when they are downloaded. Just curious as I renewed by account for a month and would be willing to share as long as the files aren't linked to the account.
He likely checks the logs whenever files are leaked. A couple of users here were banned after sharing a large amount of mods from that place. Not difficult to make a script that checks who downloaded what in x time frame and compare it to the leaked files.

dklc123

Dec 9, 2021
Yeah, it does with some downloads. Information can be added to the file that provides the account information that downloaded it so that it can be traced back to the user who shared it. I don't know if it is common with mods though. I'm not overly worried about it, but just wanted to check if anyone knew if this was the case.
But a mod author needs something to compare with, doesn't he? If I have his mod installed on my machine, I would need to give my log file to him. I see this as a serious security problem if a mod author could create a mod that can phone home. I was okay with just having the Windows firewall. But now I'm thinking that I should have a small firewall to block any unauthorized outbound internet connection.

Typically when someone shares a mod on this website, they store the file in an online storage. They don't share the link directly from the mod author. So again.. this is not good. I used to think that MO2 or other tools create some sort of security around this. But now that I think about it, I don't trust them.

Last edited:

imacarl

Jul 11, 2017
But a mod author needs something to compare with, doesn't he? If I have his mod installed on my machine, I would need to give my log file to him. I see this as a serious security problem if a mod author could create a mod that can phone home. I was okay with just having the Windows firewall. But now I'm thinking that I should have a small firewall to block any unauthorized outbound internet connection.

Typically when someone shares a mod on this website, they store the file in an online storage. They don't share the link directly from the mod author. So again.. this is not good. I used to think that MO2 or other tools create some sort of security around this. But now that I think about it, I don't trust them.
its not the mod author that would have the logs, its the schaken site moderation.

if X person shared mods A, B, C, D, and E in a certain order, finding someone who has A, B, C, D, and E in their download history (in that order) around the time of the requests would be extremely trivial to pinpoint. The mod author would be alerting Schaken moderation.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote