Skyrim Patreon mods

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

TheBeeMan

Jun 24, 2017
The term Alpha is misleading in this instance because it's been in development for nearly two year's now iirc, the one-point-o version will most likely be the one that shows up on nexus in a few weeks after refinements.

Your statement about "Many" animations not working is also patently false, i have 50k plus anims in my set up, a mixture of Ostim Standalone, Sexlab, MCO, idles, combat anims, creature anims "yes including the degenerate ones", those needing nemesis patches, those needing FNIS those needing Open Animation Replacer and Dynamic Animation Replacer and everything in between and in all of that i ran into one, ONE!, mod that didn't work which was Xing's Newstaff school, so my PC can pull off god tier great sword combo's mowing down bandits like cornstalks and fuck dragons and horses like a deranged slut all in the same playthrough within minutes of doing either activity.

If their are those who want to miss out on that level of simplicity so be it, but please stop discouraging people from trying something that A. carries no risk if you decide in the end you don't want to use it B. is potentially game changing for anyone's Modding experience and C. relatively painless to setup.

If you're using Mod Organiser you can literally just click off the mod and its output and go right back to buggy FNIS, half finished Nemesis, and limit which mods can work with each other and pull out your hair because you missed a stepped in the convoluted process to get both to play nice only to find out that some mods simply will not work anyway.
If it works for you congrats. But everyone's setup is different. Also, I am not discouraging people, I'm pointing out the obvious factors of such pre alpha and alpha stage software (Also your explanation for alpha is false, if it says alpha its alpha, the time its been like that does not matter). This is a use at your own risk type thing, things are bound to happen. If you say thats discouragement then I don't know what else to tell you. It was the same with Nemesis, it either worked or it didn't and realistically that could stem off into user error because most of the common crashing problems with Nemesis can easily be solved by a simple tweak to its ini. And the other issues were solved by OS permissions and anti-virus bullshit.

Point is, if something works for you why bother changing it? Lastly, I never said I wasn't ever going to use Pandora, I said specifically I am waiting for it to get more mature and stable which from what the author said that would eventually be the Nexus release version which is hopefully coming soon. Until then I will be fine with Nemesis.

Asura066

May 3, 2018
For people having problem with Pandora it boils down to user error in 99 per cent of cases, and i just find it so strange considering the barrier to entry to its use is actually lower than both Nemesis and FNIS.

So far i've only found one mod that doesn't work with Pandora out of my load order of 2000 plus.

People just need to read, the link comes with installation instructions for both MO2 and Vortex, installation instructions which are just four lines long, genuinely not trying to be rude but this to me feels kind of exasperating.
I ran pandora but i get the msg 0 animation added
What steps did you do?
I need you to explain the steps as if your explaining it to a 5 year child.

Also the Mod author himself said this is not a replacement.

Straight out of the authors mouth.

Asura066

May 3, 2018
No clue dude, I've never ran Nemesis. I'd suggest you ask this on Loverslab Thief dedicated thread which has been going for over 400 pages already.
The reason why it giving your the error is because there are too many animations over 5000. your hitting the limits of fnis.

Sep 7, 2018
I just wanted to confirm what hickups said and encourage anyone who has not yet done so to try it. It is extremely easy, compatible and even better: very fast.
Yeah I just did a quick test run.
  1. It's fast.
  2. No crashing like Nemesis. I usually have to run Nemesis twice OR clear out all it's settings to run once without a crash.
  3. Negates the annoying need to run FNIS then Nemesis every anim update.

Nope, not kidding. If I knew I would have used a different user name and email. If I remember they banned a bunch of people at that time.
Now that is really crazy. I hear people at LL mentioning F95 all the time lately. LL is a little.. shall we say, "touchy" of late though. On many things. Most of them stupid. :sneaky:

hickups

Nov 23, 2017
If it works for you congrats. But everyone's setup is different. Also, I am not discouraging people, I'm pointing out the obvious factors of such pre alpha and alpha stage software (Also your explanation for alpha is false, if it says alpha its alpha, the time its been like that does not matter). This is a use at your own risk type thing, things are bound to happen. If you say thats discouragement then I don't know what else to tell you. It was the same with Nemesis, it either worked or it didn't and realistically that could stem off into user error because most of the common crashing problems with Nemesis can easily be solved by a simple tweak to its ini. And the other issues were solved by OS permissions and anti-virus bullshit.

Point is, if something works for you why bother changing it? Lastly, I never said I wasn't ever going to use Pandora, I said specifically I am waiting for it to get more mature and stable which from what the author said that would eventually be the Nexus release version which is hopefully coming soon. Until then I will be fine with Nemesis.
A. i was not giving a definition for the term Alpha, i was stating that the term used here is misleading in the single instance of this tool, it is not lacking in maturity it's had a ton of development over a couple of years, and i can whole heartedly endorse its use considering i know where it's coming from to what it's become, Look at Monitor's other mods on Nexus and you'll see quite a few still in "Alpha" and they work perfectly.

B. Yes everyone's set up is different, but my point is my mod set up is by far on the extreme end of things, anyone whose just looking for a simple tool to parse FNIS and Nemesis mods with as little hassle as possible can easily use Pandora.

C. i feel a lot of people are suffering from separation anxiety, and afraid to adapt to something that is genuinely going to make life easier as it stands and will only get better with time.

D. i apologize if i came off as harsh was not my intent but honestly the comments "i pressed a button, it didn't work on the first try, tool bad" strikes me as odd considering the Nemesis and FNIS learning curve over the years is on a whole other level of annoying and no I'm not suggesting that is what you said but i do believe your comments pour cold water on something that people should genuinely be optimistic about.

So yes you can wait if you want, but there's honestly no need for this level of overcautious, take the plunge give it a try you have nothing to lose beyond a few minutes of your time, if you're using MO2 just unclick Nemesis and FNIS and there output files, Install Pandora as a mod like you would have Nemesis, set up an output file for it again like you would Nemesis run it through MO2, click the patches run the tool and try it, if it doesn't work just disable it, re-enable FNIS and Nemesis and it will be like it was never even there.

Last edited:

icecart

Sep 10, 2023
The term Alpha is misleading in this instance because it's been in development for nearly two year's now iirc, the one-point-o version will most likely be the one that shows up on nexus in a few weeks after refinements.

Your statement about "Many" animations not working is also patently false, i have 50k plus anims in my set up, a mixture of Ostim Standalone, Sexlab, MCO, idles, combat anims, creature anims "yes including the degenerate ones", those needing nemesis patches, those needing FNIS those needing Open Animation Replacer and Dynamic Animation Replacer and everything in between and in all of that i ran into one, ONE!, mod that didn't work which was Xing's Newstaff school, so my PC can pull off god tier great sword combo's mowing down bandits like cornstalks and fuck dragons and horses like a deranged slut all in the same playthrough within minutes of doing either activity.

If their are those who want to miss out on that level of simplicity so be it, but please stop discouraging people from trying something that A. carries no risk if you decide in the end you don't want to use it B. is potentially game changing for anyone's Modding experience and C. relatively painless to setup.

If you're using Mod Organiser you can literally just click off the mod and its output and go right back to buggy FNIS, half finished Nemesis, and limit which mods can work with each other and pull out your hair because you missed a stepped in the convoluted process to get both to play nice only to find out that some mods simply will not work anyway.
For anyone wondering with Pandora I found the error. Kingsglave MCO doesn't work for Pandora (does for nemesis) had to trial and error to find out what it was...

Asura066

May 3, 2018
A. i was not giving a definition for the term Alpha, i was stating that the term used here is misleading in the single instance of this tool, it is not lacking in maturity it's had a ton of development over a couple of years, and i can whole heartedly endorse its use considering i know where it's coming from to what it's become, Look at Monitor's other mods on Nexus and you'll see quite a few still in "Alpha" and they work perfectly.

B. Yes everyone's set up is different, but my point is my mod set up is by far on the extreme end of things, anyone whose just looking for a simple tool to parse FNIS and Nemesis mods with as little hassle as possible can easily use Pandora.

C. i feel a lot of people are suffering from separation anxiety, and afraid to adapt to something that is genuinely going to make life easier as it stands and will only get better with time.

D. i apologize if i came off as harsh was not my intent but honestly the comments "i pressed a button, it didn't work on the first try, tool bad" strikes me as odd considering the Nemesis and FNIS learning curve over the years is on a whole other level of annoying and no i'm not suggesting that is what you said but i do believe your comments pour cold water on something that people should genuinely be optimistic about.

So yes you can wait if you want, but there's honestly no need for this level of overcautious.
A.
None of his mods say its alpha. If its misleading why not go tell that to the author unless its in alpha and your lying to yourself. I agree with the other guy if Nemesis + fnis work why change it? Its better to wait for the actual release. Right now users are just testing out the software and giving feedback for improvement. It does not matter how long the software was worked on. If its alpha its alpha since its still going through bug testing and modification. It can be 5+ years and it will still be in alpha until the software meets the conditions to get out of the alpha stage this differs depending on the author. Its misleading to think otherwise.

Last edited:

hickups

Nov 23, 2017
A.
None of his mods say its alpha. If its misleading why not go tell that to the author unless its in alpha and your lying to yourself. I agree with the other guy if Nemesis + fnis work why change it? Its better to wait for the actual release. Right now users are just testing out the software and giving feedback for improvement.
Lootspillage was released as 0-point-5 then moved to one-point-o on nexus using the exact same build, knockout extensions is in 0.1.1 Alpha, book of silence is still technically in beta even though its a one-point-o release, Animated Inventory is v1.0.0-beta, when it comes to Monitor and nomenclature it's arbitrary as hell, Furthermore you realize the mod you're defending Nemesis ironically is still in 0-point-84 Beta?

My point remains the tool works it's not a fresh out of the oven non functioning risky bet, it's a fully developed working utility that saves a ton of trouble, if you claim you've not had to make sacrifices to get FNIS and Nemesis to work together you're lying to yourself all i can promise is the sacrifices you have to make to get Pandora working are Infinitesimally smaller in comparison.

Asura066

May 3, 2018
Lootspillage was released as 0-point-5 then moved to one-point-o on nexus using the exact same build, knockout extensions is in 0.1.1 Alpha, book of silence is still technically in beta even though its a one-point-o release, Animated Inventory is v1.0.0-beta, when it comes to Monitor and nomenclature it's arbitrary as hell, Furthermore you realize the mod you're defending Nemesis ironically is still in 0-point-84 Beta?

My point remains the tool works it's not a fresh out of the oven non functioning risky bet, it's a fully developed working utility that saves a ton of trouble, if you claim you've not had to make sacrifices to get FNIS and Nemesis to work together you're lying to yourself all i can promise is the sacrifices you have to make to get Pandora working are Infinitesimally smaller in comparison.
I have not made any sacrifices to get nemesis and fnis to work together on vortex. What sacrifices are you referring to? The mods have moved from the alpha staged hence it does not say alpha. Also I am aware nemesis is still in beta but it still works and I had no problems with it. Explain to me how you got pandora to work. I tired it with vortex but I get the msg 0 animation added and no patches show up.

Tito 10

Sep 12, 2019

D. i apologize if i came off as harsh was not my intent but honestly the comments "i pressed a button, it didn't work on the first try, tool bad" strikes me as odd considering the Nemesis and FNIS learning curve over the years is on a whole other level of annoying and no I'm not suggesting that is what you said but i do believe your comments pour cold water on something that people should genuinely be optimistic about.

So yes you can wait if you want, but there's honestly no need for this level of overcautious, take the plunge give it a try you have nothing to lose beyond a few minutes of your time, if you're using MO2 just unclick Nemesis and FNIS and there output files, Install Pandora as a mod like you would have Nemesis, set up an output file for it again like you would Nemesis run it through MO2, click the patches run the tool and try it, if it doesn't work just disable it, re-enable FNIS and Nemesis and it will be like it was never even there.
11 issues reported in the GitHub, major one being, wolf + draugr + hagraven + chaurus not working, and zaz animations not working. Far from perfect, but at the moment fnis+ nemsis is still the way go to 0 problems. But ill give it a month before monitor is finished with it and fixes all the bugs know that he took 3 weeks off for his studies.

TheBeeMan

Jun 24, 2017

A. Explained twice already why this is still wrong.
B. Again this stems onto everyone's setup being different. It has nothing to do with "plug in and play".
C. Wrong again, and I explained why already. I will repeat: If something works why bother changing it?
D. In reality there really isn't that much of a learning curve and it all comes down to both the user and author when it comes to stability and useability. So its not exactly rocket science.

I have zero need to switch over when I have a perfectly functional setup without any issues.

Reactions: Asura066

TheBeeMan

Jun 24, 2017
11 issues reported in the GitHub, major one being, wolf + draugr + hagraven + chaurus not working, and zaz animations not working. Far from perfect, but at the moment fnis+ nemsis is still the way go to 0 problems. But ill give it a month before monitor is finished with it and fixes all the bugs know that he took 3 weeks off for his studies.
There are multiple reports from people saying some pose mods don't work either. Not on the github specifically.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote