Skyrim Patreon mods

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Gollybolly

Apr 16, 2019
I still don't understand why komotor thought that threatening to remove the public version or increasing the prices was going to get him somewhere when it comes to stop his patrons from leaking his paywalled stuff.
Like, not only you're punishing people who has nothing to do with your pirating problem but also the ones supporting you idiot, don't act so surprised when your patrons leak your stuff while mocking your stupidity.

Xazz

Jun 14, 2017
Koms animations are sht compared to some other animators that let you get their packs free.

Reactions: cudu

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I say if people can make money off of their mods, go for it. For Skyrim I think it's tough to make the economics work for paid mods though. I know my own personal installation of Skyrim (just the mods I have active all at the same time), is close to 200GB. If I had to actually pay for all of those mods that would be thousands of dollars even assuming a lowball amount on a per mod basis (like $1 per mod). When I saw mods go up on Steam a lot of them wanted more like $10 per mod so my installation would cost more than my car at those prices.

I like my modded version of the game but not enough to pay that kind of money for it. I have some small mods of my own for Skyrim that I released for free as well. Nothing on the scale of someone like Chesko or some of the other popular modders though. I do have a fairly big mod for Babysitter on here though that I'm not trying to charge for and I've put hundreds of hours or work into that. I consider it a hobby, not a job.

That said, I really don't understand it when people go into a rage when a modder (or a dev) puts his stuff behind a paywall. Most mods are given away for free but it's not some constitutional right. If they want to charge for it they have every right to.

As I've seen some other posts mention, Patreon is not really a store front though. It's a tip jar. Most of the stuff on there is either released for free from the get go or on a delayed basis and then patrons subscribe to show their appreciation, not because they can't get it if they don't. Usually patrons get extras like early releases of the game, concept art, access to polls to vote on stuff that go into the game, that sort of thing.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
its just a question of concept.
a mod, is supposed to be free as its nothing but a modification of something already full created by devs who get pay for doing it.

if you make mods for get money, then you dont make mods. you simply enjoy easy money by using something that a group of peoples are pay to do it for a living (aka game devlopers)

unless you put your own core system on the game and change it all, then yes, its logic you get pay. overwise, its nothing but easy money on the back of someone who work for a living doing the core.

that's why even Enderal is full free.

modding is supposed to be a freetime passion. not a way to get money.

just my own opinion.

ISven

May 19, 2017
its just a question of concept.
a mod, is supposed to be free as its nothing but a modification of something already full created by devs who get pay for doing it.

if you make mods for get money, then you dont make mods. you simply enjoy easy money by using something that a group of peoples are pay to do it for a living (aka game devlopers)

unless you put your own core system on the game and change it all, then yes, its logic you get pay. overwise, its nothing but easy money on the back of someone who work for a living doing the core.

that's why even Enderal is full free.

modding is supposed to be a freetime passion. not a way to get money.

just my own opinion.
100% d'accord avec toi. (y)

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
PM me for a link.
so things don't keep getting taken down by a certain person who likes to treat his patrons like shit.
Even claiming you have mods is enough tip to hint that the original link needs to be taken down. Best thing would be to create your own link, either make your own and post the mirror here (use the recommended mirrors) or ask an uploader (like me for exemple)

Reactions: cudu and Namco15

Shitbeard

May 29, 2018
He has announced everywhere that he stops, so I think we will not have any more.
Just wait until the money starts dropping again and you'll see that he will be back faster than the time he needs to take down a link.

Reactions: xazex

ark735

Sep 25, 2017
Even claiming you have mods is enough tip to hint that the original link needs to be taken down. Best thing would be to create your own link, either make your own and post the mirror here (use the recommended mirrors) or ask an uploader (like me for exemple)
To everyone messaging me for links please wait for gab to upload, i just sent 'em the link to Komotor's 3.1b
please note that you can also install the public release 2.5b in conjunction with the newer pack as it seems to contain different animations.

doctoc

Mar 16, 2019
Just wait until the money starts dropping again and you'll see that he will be back faster than the time he needs to take down a link.
I do not think so. This guy has skills to move on easily.
He has already announced in the past wanting to stop.
I think there will be nothing new He really seems to giving up.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

View attachment 296903
It sounds from this like he hasn't actually enjoyed it for quite awhile anyway so I'd say he's making the right decision stopping. Move on to some other project/hobby that he actually likes. No sense in keeping a "2nd job" that you don't like and that also doesn't pay anything...

Maybe make his own game if he wants to get paid for it.

Namco15

LESS TALKING MORE RAIDING!
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
Lucky I read this thread :D
BDOR Sanguine Petal by Team TAL :p :love: It looks perfect for my vampire dovahkiin

This dude probably has the best sexlab animations out there.

Some great ass armor mods
I never used any of them I'm afraid I was ok with the mods available on Tumblr, Loverslab and Nexus. I only used the site for a few mods that were taken off Nexus, but often noticed requests and links for patron only stuff back when I regularly checked it.

If you want takealook's mods go , komotor's mods can't seem to be download but other modders may work if they just link the downloads (and if they're on there and up to date).
many thanks :D for asking and for answering .

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

Shitbeard

May 29, 2018
View attachment 296903
Oh well, good riddance. It will be fun to see how it goes given how it was with Skyrim.

now where's my popcorn and drink, shit is going to be fun to see

Reactions: jingling

doctoc

Mar 16, 2019
Oh well, good riddance. It will be fun to see how it goes given how it was with Skyrim.

now where's my popcorn and drink, shit is going to be fun to see
It could not be worse.
I begin to understand his approach, finally when we see how friendly we are to him.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote