Skyrim Patreon mods

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Evil Dr Porkchop

Brought to you by expensive technology
Donor
May 16, 2019
without reading the whole thread,I've paid for some Patreon mods and have been less then impressed.I have however found this link if you'd like to look at it.

Even better is some of the stuff that comes out of 3DM,but alot of that ends up on LL,so speaking just from my experience I'm rather reluctant to pay for mods that I can get for free and are better quality

If i d/l a mod and think the author has done a decent job i'll donate when i'm able

• Love
Reactions: Namco15

Evil Dr Porkchop

Donor
May 16, 2019
gonna have a bit of a rant here,paying for mods ? unless you request a modder to do a special request it's just greed, no one asked you to,20 years ago I modded games but as the whole thing became monetized and filled with a bunch of winging arseholes I left as did quite a few

I'm going to single out a bunch of dickheads,Skyrim mutiplayer....no idea of copyright or of what an EULA means, just carrying on like dicks,getting paid far more than what's required,but also receiving death threats,who wants that crap ?

Programming a game yes you deserve to be paid,it's a product....modding....it's a hobby, be happy with the joy you bring to others,I'm fully aware of the costs involved, 3DS Max,Lightwave,Photoshop your up to almost 4000 $

Skyrim is now 8 years old,with a dwindling player base,your not going to make a fortune with armour mods

Last edited:

Aleroth

Jul 12, 2017
I supported komotor last year. Thought he had a good schedule and was making animations on time. Then I realized that each stage in the animation is months apart. So if you want to see the full animation you will need to either support him for months or lurk on his patreon and wait. Then I had a issue since the animations made my game crash on a clean install. Brought it up to him and he had a honest to God bitchfit about it. Would have been funny if it weren't so sad.

Evil Dr Porkchop

Donor
May 16, 2019
View attachment 328373

I supported komotor last year. Thought he had a good schedule and was making animations on time. Then I realized that each stage in the animation is months apart. So if you want to see the full animation you will need to either support him for months or lurk on his patreon and wait. Then I had a issue since the animations made my game crash on a clean install. Brought it up to him and he had a honest to God bitchfit about it. Would have been funny if it weren't so sad.
I presume you've run FNIS ( of course you have )the only animations I run are Halos Poser, Funnybusiness for Sexlab and a couple of others FNIS should give an error report
Paying for something and not getting any support,fuck that head over to LL and do some reading on animations and ask for possible solutions there pretty helpful and some of the best animators around as for this komotor never heard of him/her

Last edited:
Reactions: ISven

Aleroth

Jul 12, 2017
I presume you've run FNIS ( of course you have )the only animations I run are Halos Poser, Funnybusiness for Sexlab and a couple of others FNIS should give an error report
Paying for something and not getting any support,fuck that head over to LL and do some reading on animations and ask for possible solutions there pretty helpful and some of the best animators around as for this komotor never heard of him/her
The problem was not something that anyone but him could fix because I was not the only one that experienced it. Whenever someone used his animations as soon as the objects were supposed to spawn Skyrim crashed. Even on LL everyone was talking about it and he denied the crash ever happening. He only fixed it without telling anyone a month later in his new exclusive patron pack. All in all the dude is borderline retarded on how he deals with his patrons.

Evil Dr Porkchop

Donor
May 16, 2019
this actually brings me to make a statement about Patreon mods in general and why i learnt the hard way to avoid them

Firstly the images used are Photoshopped or running some ENB that is only made for screenshots,so you D/L them and go WTF ? ( false advertising )

Secondly selling something without technical support or if the product fails to do what is intended,in the real world it's illegal in most countries,being on the internet doesn't make you above the law

Any way i suggest you put it down as a learning curve and move on,no ones going to lauch a lawsuit over 10 $ there's plenty of modders who actually deserve to get paid and never ask

I'm sure there are some decent authors on there.... but fucked if i found any

Last edited:

Aleroth

Jul 12, 2017
this actually brings me to make a statement about Patreon mods in general and why i learnt the hard way to avoid them

Firstly the images used are Photoshopped or running some ENB that is only made for screenshots,so you D/L them and go WTF ? ( false advertising )

Secondly selling something without technical support or if the product fails to do what is intended,in the real world it's illegal in most countries,being on the internet doesn't make you above the law

Any way i suggest you put it down as a learning curve and move on,no ones going to lauch a lawsuit over 10 $ there's plenty of modders who actually deserve to get paid and never ask

I'm sure there are some decent authors on there.... but fucked if i found any
One group that I found to be quite good in how they deal with Patrons and have the a great level of quality in their mods is Team Take a Look, or TAL for short. They make high quality armor for Skyrim from different games. I remember them having packs from Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Black Desert Online and a few others. Plus they only paywall the alpha builds that are almost always buggy as all hell. But as soon as all the kinks are ironed out they release the mods for free download. So basically you are only paying for the process rather then the mod.

And as far as I know they have never even given "early access" to the finished products. Also they do use ENB in their screenshots, but the difference in game and in the screenshots is not night and day. The only thing that I noticed is different is that the character's face is more shiny and the armor has some kind of pronounced glint. But other then that the screenshots accurately show how the armors and weapons look in game.

Here is the link to their Pateon where you can download most of their mods. Sadly some of their bigger packs were forced to be deleted because some companies didn't want their armors in other games. But you are still able to find them easily with a quick google search.

Reactions: TheSexinati

lokiman5000

Mar 17, 2019
Yeah, he's a drama queen supreme.
I'm pretty sure he'll bitch just to bitch...

Aleroth

Jul 12, 2017
Yeah, he's a drama queen supreme.
I'm pretty sure he'll bitch just to bitch...
I had a "conversation" with him over private messages here on F95 (wasted a day and an uncountable number of brain cells). Will not share it because I don't want to do anything with this guy; and most likely he will bitch about it to me if I did share it. But over that convo I learned 3 things:

1) Despite saying the opposite he cannot take criticism of any kind.
2) He goes of tangents that have nothing to do with anything and will accuse you of everything wrong with his day. Legit I had read through essays of him accusing me of things I never said.
3) Everyone that dares to criticize him is a shithead/asshole/scum and even people that politely say that they have a problem with him fall under the same category. Basically everyone that disagrees with him is the scum of the Earth.

This guy is baffling to me since the dude is above 40 and he acts like a 9 year old that just got grief-ed in Minecraft.

lokiman5000

Mar 17, 2019
I had a "conversation" with him over private messages here on F95 (wasted a day and an uncountable number of brain cells). Will not share it because I don't want to do anything with this guy; and most likely he will bitch about it to me if I did share it. But over that convo I learned 3 things:

1) Despite saying the opposite he cannot take criticism of any kind.
2) He goes of tangents that have nothing to do with anything and will accuse you of everything wrong with his day. Legit I had read through essays of him accusing me of things I never said.
3) Everyone that dares to criticize him is a shithead/asshole/scum and even people that politely say that they have a problem with him fall under the same category. Basically everyone that disagrees with him is the scum of the Earth.

This guy is baffling to me since the dude is above 40 and he acts like a 9 year old that just got grief-ed in Minecraft.
He's the most insufferable modder i've ever come accross. by far.

Reactions: TheSexinati

DialySYS

Feb 25, 2018
Wow. I just came to see what happen and I see a melt down. Damn!
Yup! Modding these days are a mudded by people who think money first. I miss the old days when modders mod just for the fun of it and to put extra "umph!" to the game itself.

Golden potato mod anyone?
aaaa.jpg

Aleroth

Jul 12, 2017
Another retarded skyrim modding team appeared. If you look up I talked about a great modding team called TAL or Take a Look. This story is not about them but rather their "partner". In all honesty I would call them a leech rather then partner since they only ported their mods to SE rather then do anything themselves.

But I digress. Now onto the story: Apparently this "partner" that called themselves Skyrim Modding Team asked TAL if they could port over their mods. I saw them in every posted mod comments asking for permission. TAL gave them full privilege to do so with giving credit in the description of them patreon post where they would upload their conversions. Fast forward a little over a month and they are asking for WIP mods to convert. I mentioned before that only these WIP versions that have broken textures, incorrect meshes and bugs that crash games are locked behind a paywall, but the fully working and optimized mods are free for everyone on their page. Well turns out that they would convert these WIPs and release them BEFORE TAL released their own. Needless to say these things were buggy as all hell and they did nothing to fix it and even took the extra mile to shift the blame for the broken mods onto TAL. They obviously retaliated and sent them a polite request to stop uploading mods before they are ready since it is ruining the reputation of the both of them. They didn't take too kindly to that and spurged the fuck out which lead to them getting their permission to convert TAL's mods revoked.

Now comes the fun part. They tried to rally TAL's fans to their cause and failed spectacularly. Not only did people not get behind them, they lambasted them for being retards. Then as the beta cucks that they are they purged their patreon and deleted it. But TAL took screenshots to immortalize their degeneracy for years to come. I have also attached the screenshots from TAL in this post just to show you how entitled these people are to content that ISN'T EVEN THEIRS. Also you will see attempts at guilt tripping TAL, ridiculous reasoning, poor grammar and overall manchilding at its finest.

Here is the original post on their Patreon where you can see the convo (look for an account called 12 since that is all that is left of the leech) and the brain dead fans of the leech trying to stir up shit and failing miserably.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote