Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
RPG Maker MV games don't really need you to run them in Japanese locales, though? From the looks of it, what you actually need to do is have extracted the game's files in the correct locale, instead.

For example, if you're using WinRAR, choose the Shift-JIS Name Encoding from the Options menu (or CTRL+E to open the Name Encoding sub-menu if running WinRAR on Windows).

That should fix your issue.

Flat

Donor
Aug 3, 2017
RPG Maker MV games don't really need you to run them in Japanese locales, though? From the looks of it, what you actually need to do is have extracted the game's files in the correct locale, instead.

For example, if you're using WinRAR, choose the Shift-JIS Name Encoding from the Options menu (or CTRL+E to open the Name Encoding sub-menu if running WinRAR on Windows).

That should fix your issue.
Buf if you look at his/her image, you can see that the game can't show the image text correctly.
If it is the other way around, then it is like you said.

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
Buf if you look at his/her image, you can see that the game can't show the image text correctly.
If it is the other way around, then it is like you said.
The problem is that JSON and JS files, which MV uses, kind of obey and change their content's name encoding when they're created/copy-pasted/extracted incorrectly, much like text files do. This issue doesn't happen if they're encoded to not be "text editor friendly" formats, as it is for older engines.

You could, alternatively, open each individual .JS and .JSON in Notepad++, change their name encoding to Shift-JIS (I assume they all became UTF-8), and save afterwards instead much to the same effect.

The other thing is that MV itself is, unlike its earlier counterparts, actually capable of using more than one encoding at a time. And not just via the locales folder (though that's the purpose thereof). So... I strongly suspect running the game in Japanese locale when it's already been extracted in a way that causes that URL-alias-looking-missing-file error (which itself is just a reminder that MV is actually just a glorified HTML5 applet) is just going to still result in the same error showing up.

This is getting a bit off-topic, though.

Last edited:

Eregion702

Jul 6, 2018
For whatever reason, the dashing speed is impossibly slow, so moving around anywhere is a chore in this game.

It's weird because the rest of the game runs smoothly. I've already got my monitor at 60hrz and running it through the nw.exe just slows the whole game.

I'm baffled, anyone got any suggestions or should I just give up on this one?

adef123

Jun 13, 2020
For whatever reason, the dashing speed is impossibly slow, so moving around anywhere is a chore in this game.

It's weird because the rest of the game runs smoothly. I've already got my monitor at 60hrz and running it through the nw.exe just slows the whole game.

I'm baffled, anyone got any suggestions or should I just give up on this one?
I don't have that issue... maybe try a different run time package?

I'm stuck at the bookshelf that people keep telling to push from left. I tried that but didn't work :(

Is there a prerequisite that I need in order to interact with the bookshelf?

Last edited:

Crusader95

Jul 27, 2019
[/QUOTE]
I don't have that issue... maybe try a different run time package?

I'm stuck at the bookshelf that people keep telling to push from left. I tried that but didn't work :(

Is there a prerequisite that I need in order to interact with the bookshelf?
This is late but, dude you just need to go the left side of the bookshelf, from there just click on it the bookshelf then it should open.

FingUsername

Sep 5, 2020
Have the game right now but and it says that it's v1.00 on the window tab but the description provided says that the version is 1.15. Need some clarification here. Is the game up to date? Or would I have to update it myself?

Barbiecued

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2019
Uhm.. does anyone else have problems with FPS being too fast in this game? I think mine is broken, because the everything is sped up by a thousand

Nevermind, setting the monitor to 60hz worked!

Last edited:

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
Reporting! Anonfile link is dead!
Updating report! All links are dead on me!

Last edited:

Jen0s

Apr 16, 2021
Can confirm -- all three links are dead on me too.
NOPY still works
but it looks like some kind of frankenstein version, once extracted it's 1.8gb instead of 1.2 since they included the 500mb patcher, no point including that when it's already pre-patched

also it was constantly freezing: sound would still work and clicking moves forward the dialogues but image got stuck, reloading the autosave when that happened gave me a game over. I had a manual save but it was a coin flip each time a dialogue happened

Now im trying the torrent version from dauphong with the v4 uncersor patcher separately, got to the same point and it doesnt get stuck, hoping it keeps that way. version shows 1.01 and there's apparently no autosave unlike links in OP, maybe removed since it was causing that bug?

Aug 31, 2020
I tried playing this but once I get to Serra Leon won't give me any quests. Any ideas on how to fix this? Is PC version.
did you skip the dialog? He tells you that you get quest from the guy in the south west room and better items form the hideout blacksmith. Just walk around and talk to everyone inside the hideout.

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes