Tool RPGM SLR Translator - Offline JP to EN Translation for RPG Maker VX, VX Ace, MV, and MZ

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
humm are you saying by editing the Game.rvproj2 file in the game folder it automatically change the Scripts.rvdata2 inside the data folder. if so i have done it correctly but i don't seem to see the result.

View attachment 3896917
I'm really confused what you're saying.

You put the Game.rvproj2 into the game you want to edit.
Then you open the editor and you tell it to open it.
That actually loads the entire game into the editor, not just that file.

If you now make changes to the Scripts, and you save the project. Those changes will be applied to the Scripts.rvadta2 inside of the Data folder of the game you are editing.

Should Font.Default_size not actually change the size of the font, then that means the dev is using a custom script for font stuff.
In that case you need to search the Scripts for it. I can't really give you clear instructions there because devs can do that however they like.

mrericsan

Sep 21, 2021
I'm really confused what you're saying.

You put the Game.rvproj2 into the game you want to edit.
Then you open the editor and you tell it to open it.
That actually loads the entire game into the editor, not just that file.

If you now make changes to the Scripts, and you save the project. Those changes will be applied to the Scripts.rvadta2 inside of the Data folder of the game you are editing.

Should Font.Default_size not actually change the size of the font, then that means the dev is using a custom script for font stuff.
In that case you need to search the Scripts for it. I can't really give you clear instructions there because devs can do that however they like.
I see, thats mean i have done everything correctly. It is not a big deal in most cases that some text are not readable. I just wanna make sure i did it right. THanks

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I see, thats mean i have done everything correctly. It is not a big deal in most cases that some text are not readable. I just wanna make sure i did it right. THanks
If you want, send me the game and I'll look for the font size entry.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.084.
Most notable change is that the command catchall escaper will now also grab double (or more) escaped commands.
("\\\\i[n]" for example.)
That was actually causing some pretty nasty crashes for some very specific plugins.

Games & Games

May 7, 2023
I've released v1.084.
Most notable change is that the command catchall escaper will now also grab double (or more) escaped commands.
("\\\\i[n]" for example.)
That was actually causing some pretty nasty crashes for some very specific plugins.
I downloaded this new version and as I can't use SLR, because of my pc, I went to use Red Google, out of 250 files it only translated from 215 downwards the rest it gave a red and yellow error and didn't translate anything as you can see in the image below. What could have happened?

Sem título.png Sem título.png

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I downloaded this new version and as I can't use SLR, because of my pc, I went to use Red Google, out of 250 files it only translated from 215 downwards the rest it gave a red and yellow error and didn't translate anything as you can see in the image below. What could have happened?

View attachment 3899352 View attachment 3899331
It looks like the rikaikun button is pressed?
1722801989100.png
Also why is nothing in the Blacklist selected?
You're really confusing me.

Games & Games

May 7, 2023
It looks like the rikaikun button is pressed?
View attachment 3899362
Also why is nothing in the Blacklist selected?
You're really confusing me.
The rikaikun button was not pressed at the time of translation. And as for the Blacklist, nothing is marked because in all tag colors there is important information and that's why I leave everything unchecked.

I thought I had fixed it when I deleted the addons folder and then put a new one, but no, I still sent it to translate, it showed that it was translating, but it still didn't translate any of these files, now I've tried Google alone to see if it does the job, who knows, we'll see.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.085.
This one is important, please do not use older versions.
I've changed how general placeholders are placed and later read.
This doesn't just fix tons of crashes and error messages, on particularly messy games this even significantly improves translation quality.
In my tests placeholders getting lost was reduced by more than 80% compared to v1.084.

The new placeholder variants are called "ivdos' Special SLR edit" and "ivdos' Special SLR edit with letters" in the options menu in case you changed them for whatever reason. The changes to how placeholders are being read do not affect the other placeholder variants.

Edit: I forgot to add the new error types to the errorlist in the help menu and to change the description in the options menu of the placeholders, I will do that next version.

Edit2:
I just found a pattern that so far actually has a 100% rate to bypass Sugoi.
It makes no sense though, which is why I want to run additional tests before making another update.
For some odd reason #?1 #?2 #?3 does the trick.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.086.
The final solution to the placeholder problem.
I've changed all the stuff again and made a bunch of new failsafes.
In my tests with over 40 different games and millions of characters of unique text it did not report a single cell as having lost a placeholder during batch translation.
I have no idea why it suddenly works flawlessly, but if there's an issue I really do not see it.
It just works

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I'm still really confused why it works.
If it's because parts of the placeholder are optional when searching for it, you would expect there to be random # floating around, but during all my tests I did not see a single rogue #.

If you see an instance of it seemingly adding random numbers, #, or ? into the text that do not match with the original text at all (are not just a bad translation), please report it to me.

mrericsan

Sep 21, 2021
Hi Shisaye, I just translated a game and it went without any hiccup during the translation but it resulted as an error like this

Screenshot 2024-08-06 223201.jpg

I have not seen this before, would you have a guess as to whats went wrong?
thanks

sigitp

Apr 19, 2024
Hi Shisaye, I just translated a game and it went without any hiccup during the translation but it resulted as an error like this

View attachment 3906845

thanks
make sure backup before translate mainly data and plugin folder. and don't translate all plugin sometime it make game broken

Reactions: mrericsan

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017

View attachment 3906845

thanks
Like sigitp my guess would be a plugins.js issue, that one of the cells in there should not be translated, but I can't judge that just from that screen.
I need to have the actual game files.

Reactions: mrericsan

Games & Games

May 7, 2023
Hello

Can anyone tell me how to edit .dat files, because I got a game that has this type of file inside it and the game is inside it.

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
Hello

Can anyone tell me how to edit .dat files, because I got a game that has this type of file inside it and the game is inside it.
This thread is only for SLR related content which is currently only works for RPGM games. To get help translation other game engines, make a new thread in the appropriate section and be sure to provide the name of the game.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I dont understand .... it was fine till the last step :cry::cry::cry:

View attachment 3925366
If you have an issue with parsing files, please actually give me access to the files.
I don't necessarily need you to upload the game for me, but at least give me the DLsite code so I can get it myself and look at the files that way.
From the log that Scripts.rvdata2 file is an absolute nightmare, and there's no easy fix.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Just to have it said, I obviously will not advertise this much.
If you need support for a game that potentially wouldn't be allowed here, please post in the "SLR Translator" thread on anime-sharing instead.
I will not link to it for obvious reasons.