Tool RPGM SLR Translator - Offline JP to EN Translation for RPG Maker VX, VX Ace, MV, and MZ

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
If something has a colored tag it generally means that it is not normal dialogue, but special text placed by some kind of plugin or script.
Those can be very different from one another.

Usually there is a value somewhere that determines the font size for everything, for example at the start of the System.json in MZ.
View attachment 3880306
In the plugins.js for MV (if they use the standard plugin.)
View attachment 3880303
or using a Font.default_size N line in the Main section of the Scripts.rvdata(2) for VX and VX Ace.

But there should also be individual values for the different parts of the game inside the files.

For example let's say we have an MV game using a small window to log on screen what is currently happening and we want to change the font size of that log.
Then you open the plugins.js in www>js and you search for a plugin that sounds like something that handles logs, and "usually" you will find a font size option there.
For example in this specific case it was the "TMLogWindow" plugin handling "addlog" entries.
View attachment 3880301
If you can't find it there it might also have a static font size value in it's plugin file inside the plugins folder.

For VX Ace those values will most likely be in the specific Scripts section of the element you are trying to edit, which means you have to open the game in the official editor and look for the needle in haystack there. It's really tedious which is why I generally just use the Main catchall and make font for ants.
This game is an RPGM VX Ace, but it looks like a VX because I had to use RPG Maker All Decrypter, as it came without the data folder and the graphics folder, and it is all concentrated in the System folder, hence the question, as I was a little unsure about where to look for these fonts and how to reduce these tags.
Sem título.png

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
This game is an RPGM VX Ace, but it looks like a VX because I had to use RPG Maker All Decrypter, as it came without the data folder and the graphics folder, and it is all concentrated in the System folder, hence the question, as I was a little unsure about where to look for these fonts and how to reduce these tags.
View attachment 3880367
Developers can handle scripts however they like, there's no clear tutorial I could give you. You just have to try stuff and see what happens.

Open the game in the Ace editor, go to scripts, and either try putting the global font option in Main (If you want to keep the standard font 12-16 are usually the way to go here.)
global.png
or try to find and change the individual settings of the different scripts used by the game.

Entries like these can be changed if you do not want them to just use the global option:
script uses default.png
script uses default2.png
Others have set font sizes not necessarily affected you would need to change:
example1.png
example2.png
example3.png

Again these are just random examples from a random game, this will look different in your project, and these ones most likely are not what you are actually looking for right now.

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Developers can handle scripts however they like, there's no clear tutorial I could give you. You just have to try stuff and see what happens.

Open the game in the Ace editor, go to scripts, and either try putting the global font option in Main (If you want to keep the standard font 12-16 are usually the way to go here.)

View attachment 3880930

or try to find and change the individual settings of the different scripts used by the game.

Entries like these can be changed if you do not want them to just use the global option:

View attachment 3880924

View attachment 3880929

Others have set font sizes not necessarily affected you would need to change:

View attachment 3880926

View attachment 3880928

View attachment 3880927

Again these are just random examples from a random game, this will look different in your project, and these ones most likely are not what you are actually looking for right now.

Yes, more or less I went that way, I put the global as it says in the SLR manual and then I searched in each file of the script through the Ace editor for the word "font" and there I found the ones that had size or something like that and I moved everything to 16 and so I managed to gradually get where I wanted which was in a font that was good to read and at the same time that didn't overwrite the other word.

Thanks for the help and the tips, besides the program that finds me things that T++ would never find, even though I can't use sogoi because of my 2008 CPU, the program is still lighter and better to translate, even with just google and its crazy translations.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.081.
The regex checkbox wasn't correctly displaying in the replace section of the find menu.
I've also added a "?" symbol to them that links to .
That's not only pretty much the best website to learn and test regex, but if you don't delete your browser data it actually works offline after visiting it once.

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
I've released v1.081.

The regex checkbox wasn't correctly displaying in the replace section of the find menu.

I've also added a "?" symbol to them that links to

That's not only pretty much the best website to learn and test regex, but if you don't delete your browser data it actually works offline after visiting it once.
Why is this happening to me when I export after finishing the translation, I'll try to explain to be clear

I translated a text in Japanese and it had to look like in picture B, but every time I export it looks like in picture A either it looks like letters or it creates an extra line and separates the command from the red tag. This happens a lot, it used to happen with T++ and now it's starting to happen with SLR.

Sem título.png

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Why is this happening to me when I export after finishing the translation, I'll try to explain to be clear

I translated a text in Japanese and it had to look like in picture B, but every time I export it looks like in picture A either it looks like letters or it creates an extra line and separates the command from the red tag. This happens a lot, it used to happen with T++ and now it's starting to happen with SLR.

View attachment 3884548
I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
Please post me the original Japanese Map file, the number of a cell in which that is happening, and what exactly you are putting in it.
I need to reproduce the problem on my end.

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
Please post me the original Japanese Map file, the number of a cell in which that is happening, and what exactly you are putting in it.
I need to reproduce the problem on my end.
I don't know what happened, but after you released the new version and I removed everything I had from the old one from my pc, both the temp folder and the user's local folder and then installed the new version, it just disappeared, it started not eating words anymore and not separating the tags into two lines anymore.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I don't know what happened, but after you released the new version and I removed everything I had from the old one from my pc, both the temp folder and the user's local folder and then installed the new version, it just disappeared, it started not eating words anymore and not separating the tags into two lines anymore.
So I fixed it by accident? Okay then... :KEK: