Tool RPGM SLR Translator - Offline JP to EN Translation for RPG Maker VX, VX Ace, MV, and MZ

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hello
Why does this happen with these two files “Animations” and “Tilesets”, they appear being transformed into .yaml and then when it comes time to pass them to SLR Translator, they simply disappear and you can't edit them?

In T++ they appear just fine for editing View attachment 3866143
They are processed because all files in the folder are processed, but are not being collected into the object list because they do not have any translatable text.
If you translate the text in them the game would crash.
At least I have never seen a game in which translating them was a good idea.

Reactions: Games&Games

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
The translation with SLR Translation went perfectly, the game runs smoothly, even more so because the translation program helped a lot by being lighter and easier to work with than T++, in addition to the tips in the Manual that comes with it.

Now I just need to figure out how to put all this text in a box so that it doesn't look like the picture in question. Sem título.png

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
The translation with SLR Translation went perfectly, the game runs smoothly, even more so because the translation program helped a lot by being lighter and easier to work with than T++, in addition to the tips in the Manual that comes with it.

Now I just need to figure out how to put all this text in a box so that it doesn't look like the picture in question. View attachment 3867034
I'm sorry, but I'm really not sure what I'm looking at here.
How on earth did that happen? :confused:

Can you post me how that looks like in the tool?
Edit: Also what context does the cell say?

Last edited:

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
I'm sorry, but I'm really not sure what I'm looking at here.

How on earth did that happen? :confused:

Can you post me how that looks like in the tool?

Edit: Also what context does the cell say?
What you're seeing are explanations from the DEV for those who are going to play the game that he explains there how the map works and how your schoolmate works when he appears or not, they are important information

They are colored yellow as shown in picture "A" and should look like picture "B".

As far as I'm concerned, you probably didn't pick up on the tip to change the font to 16 because it's yellow and that's why it looks the way it does.

Sem título.png

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
What you're seeing are explanations from the DEV for those who are going to play the game that he explains there how the map works and how your schoolmate works when he appears or not, they are important information

They are colored yellow as shown in picture "A" and should look like picture "B".

As far as I'm concerned, you probably didn't pick up on the tip to change the font to 16 because it's yellow and that's why it looks the way it does.

View attachment 3867514
Hm...
Since I haven't seen that plugin before I can only guess, but considering the setup of the original cells, your cells and how they compare in game I assume the issue is the "space" character.
"Maybe" it makes a linebreak each time it sees a space because Japanese doesn't use normal spaces in text.

Please find out exactly which cell is being displayed in-game (So you can test the result) and then for that test replace all spaces of that cell with _ or non-breaking spaces.

Alternatively tell me which game we are talking about so I can test it on my end.

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Hi guys!

If you could, of course, put this translator here it's free and translates into a lot of languages, especially Japanese, and it compares very well to another one, the only problem, there's always a :cry: it's kind of hungry, I mean when it translates from Japanese and has that kind of code \sp [0]\c[17] that is used a lot it eats them and doesn't appear in the translation, but that's its only negative point.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hi guys!

If you could, of course, put this translator here it's free and translates into a lot of languages, especially Japanese, and it compares very well to another one, the only problem, there's always a :cry: it's kind of hungry, I mean when it translates from Japanese and has that kind of code \sp [0]\c[17] that is used a lot it eats them and doesn't appear in the translation, but that's its only negative point.
1722015576756.png
As most of these services, they explicitly prohibit botting their site and the api isn't free.
That means while I could just bot it anyway, they will likely make countermeasures and it becomes a cat and mouse game like with DeepL.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Ming Shiba the creator of Sugoi has contacted me and told me that there is some kind of issue regarding the new V9 Toolkit and SLR.
He is working on a fix, but until then it sounds like only different versions of the Toolkit should be used.

(He did not tell me what the issue actually is.)
Edit:
"The issue is the previous model would automatically process the list of text for users, but now the current model only process one text at a time. I'm writing a patch so that the backend will recognize whether the input is a list or a string and process it accordingly."

Last edited:

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Shisaye, I have a report! It's stuff I've run into while slring R_01188568. Nothing critical (and I've shelved the project for now anyway), but it all seems like stuff that could be handy to address.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Shisaye, I have a report! It's stuff I've run into while slring R_01188568. Nothing critical (and I've shelved the project for now anyway), but it all seems like stuff that could be handy to address.
Can you pass me a download link for that one? Seems like there's not even katfile online on hentai-sharing or anime-sharing.

Edit: Alternatively just attach the original Japanese data/js folders, so I can load it into the tool. I mean I don't really need to test the result if it's obvious inside the tool.

Last edited:

Xand

Oct 16, 2016
Hey Shisaye ,

Tried this -Finally got the darn thing to work, it's pretty fast when using CUDA and works on a bunch of games and is pretty good!

A couple of bug reports for which I would really appreciate some help though -
Am getting some error codes not mentioned in the error list in the FAQ.
not in the translator itself - but in game. Attached the translated files which I used.
File name: RJ01189500.7z
Game link:
The error pops up as soon as you hit new game.

Please also note that I did not use the stint font, but rather selected default for automatic wordwrapping.

Also, in another game - getting error codes not listed in the FAQ, this time in the translator itself.
Attached the translated files
Filename: RJ01211167.7z
Could you please take a look?
Game link:
This one has four errors - 2 counts of Missingboundry and 2 counts of Brokencommand.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hey Shisaye ,
not in the translator itself - but in game. Attached the translated files which I used.
Game link:
You missed a broken cell in the plugins. Sadly tagging in there doesn't reliably work, yet, and you need to check them manually.
(As the thing you confirm to load them says.)
It's actually a red cell that is filled with a large amount of script stuff that is being wrongly translated for whatever reason.
Just delete the translation of that red cell and the game will work normally. I'm going to fix that particular one in the next update.
this should not be translated.png
Please also note that I did not use the stint font, but rather selected default for automatic wordwrapping.
This specific game does not seem to allow for decent word wrapping, if you want to keep text on screen you will most likely have to either change the font or reduce the font size. MZ makes that very convenient so you shouldn't have much of a problem.
Also, in another game - getting error codes not listed in the FAQ, this time in the translator itself.
Game link:
This one has four errors - 2 counts of Missingboundry and 2 counts of Brokencommand.
The MISSINGBOUND(a)RY error means that a nameplate command that is supposed to look like this:
Code:
\n<Name>
Is missing one of the "<>" and will either just not work, or outright crash the game.
That means the dev had a typo and one is already missing in the original, or it means the escaper of SLR Translator screwed up and ate one of them, or Sugoi crashed during the translation of that nameplate and it got cut off.

When you see that error, just check the cell and make sure the name plate command is correct.
Correct Original
correct nameplate command.png
Broken Translation
for some reason broken nameplate command.png
Just add the missing ">" and you're good.

The BROKENCOMMAND errors of that particular game are false alarms because the dev has built some particularly ugly custom scripts.
"\n'Stuff'" is a really weird custom command to make for RPGM, considering "\n<Stuff>" and "\n[Stuff]" already exist.
This dev walks in mysterious ways.
weird custom script.png
The error system is made to rather have 10 false positives than miss a real one.

Edit: Another note on the missing boundry stuff, obviously I could automate it putting one in if it sees one missing, but if it was a Sugoi crash there might be other parts of the text missing, and so telling the user to check the cell seems like the better option.

Last edited:

Xand

Oct 16, 2016
Thanks for taking a look at these. Given me hope at MTLing stuff. The other methods I tried before were waaaaay too tedious and although the supported engines are just limited to RPGM, this tool is pretty handy and gives playable results.

Thanks again for the tool.

Xand

Oct 16, 2016
You missed a broken cell in the plugins. Sadly tagging in there doesn't reliably work, yet, and you need to check them manually.
(As the thing you confirm to load them says.)
It's actually a red cell that is filled with a large amount of script stuff that is being wrongly translated for whatever reason.
Just delete the translation of that red cell and the game will work normally. I'm going to fix that particular one in the next update.
Tried your suggestion and the game loads up and is playable. Also changed font sizes from system.json and added the stint font.
However, there's still a bunch of untranslated texts, menus and submenus that are present -attached screengrabs for reference.

Any idea how to fix those?

EDIT: I also made sure to translate the blue color coded cells in the batch translation.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
tried your suggestion for RJ01189500. The game now loads up, however, there's still a bunch of untranslated menus, submenus and texts throughout.
Attached screengrabs for reference.
I'm sorry to break it to you, but those are pictures.

For example that menu is made from the pictures:
1_Menu_Esc.png
1_Menu_Esc_1.png
1_Menu_Esc_2.png
1_Menu_Esc_3.png
That can be found in the img>pictures folder.

They are encrypted, but you can decrypt them using Petschko's tools.
Sadly OCRMTL systems are not particularly great, yet, so to translate them you would pretty much have to paint the text on them with Photoshop or something like that.

Xand

Oct 16, 2016
I'm sorry to break it to you, but those are pictures.

For example that menu is made from the pictures:
1_Menu_Esc.png
1_Menu_Esc_1.png
1_Menu_Esc_2.png
1_Menu_Esc_3.png
That can be found in the img>pictures folder.

They are encrypted, but you can decrypt them using Petschko's tools.
Sadly OCRMTL systems are not particularly great, yet, so to translate them you would pretty much have to paint the text on them with Photoshop or something like that.
Crap. Well. Fuck. Dammit.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
Can you pass me a download link for that one? Seems like there's not even katfile online on hentai-sharing or anime-sharing.

Edit: Alternatively just attach the original Japanese data/js folders, so I can load it into the tool. I mean I don't really need to test the result if it's obvious inside the tool.
I attached the data and js folders. Let me know if you still want a copy of the game. I was surprised to see that the links on h-s are indeed dead since that's where I it from. Kimochi's are still live, but I can also throw a copy up somewhere else if you like.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hey Shisaye ,

Tried this -Finally got the darn thing to work, it's pretty fast when using CUDA and works on a bunch of games and is pretty good!

Game link:

Game link:
I've released v1.080 addressing the reports and a little extra.

Reactions: fantasmic

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Hello, how are you?

First of all thanks for the tip of putting that "_" sign without the quotes in the middle of the spaces, it helped a lot.
Secondly, when I click on this word wrapping startpj9.png I noticed that it only picks up what doesn't have red tags and other colors, but then when you put the font "16" in the Scripts editor it only does it at game time for those who don't have tags, my question is, if there is any way to reduce the font of the red tags and other colors, because in the game they get too big and it looks ugly at game time.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hello, how are you?

First of all thanks for the tip of putting that "_" sign without the quotes in the middle of the spaces, it helped a lot.
Secondly, when I click on this word wrapping View attachment 3880012 I noticed that it only picks up what doesn't have red tags and other colors, but then when you put the font "16" in the Scripts editor it only does it at game time for those who don't have tags, my question is, if there is any way to reduce the font of the red tags and other colors, because in the game they get too big and it looks ugly at game time.
If something has a colored tag it generally means that it is not normal dialogue, but special text placed by some kind of plugin or script.
Those can be very different from one another.

Usually there is a value somewhere that determines the font size for everything, for example at the start of the System.json in MZ.
1722280778760.png
In the plugins.js for MV (if they use the standard plugin.)
1722280648090.png
or using a Font.default_size N line in the Main section of the Scripts.rvdata(2) for VX and VX Ace.

But there should also be individual values for the different parts of the game inside the files.

For example let's say we have an MV game using a small window to log on screen what is currently happening and we want to change the font size of that log.
Then you open the plugins.js in www>js and you search for a plugin that sounds like something that handles logs, and "usually" you will find a font size option there.
For example in this specific case it was the "TMLogWindow" plugin handling "addlog" entries.
1722280539105.png
If you can't find it there it might also have a static font size value in it's plugin file inside the plugins folder.

For VX Ace those values will most likely be in the specific Scripts section of the element you are trying to edit, which means you have to open the game in the official editor and look for the needle in haystack there. It's really tedious which is why I generally just use the Main catchall and make font for ants.