Tool RPGM SLR Translator - Offline JP to EN Translation for RPG Maker VX, VX Ace, MV, and MZ

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Rj01117005 you can download free in otomi-games
I'll look into it, but it might take a bit because the game seems to be quite large.

Edit: I've reproduced the error and found a workaround to make it parse, but now I need to find a way make it do it correctly.
It seems like the Map051 file has something that breaks the trim() function used in the parser base.

Edit2: The offending line in the map is 76 (id:71).

Edit3: The exact bit causing the issue is this:
Code:
{"code"102,"indent":3,"parameters":[[1,2,3],1,0,2,0]},
Edit4: Even more specifically it can't handle the , after the ].
Because
Code:
{"code"102,"indent":3,"parameters":[[1,2,3]1,0,2,0]},
parses fine.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Rj01117005 you can download free in otomi-games
I've released v1.063 and that includes a fix.
Please try again using that version.

It should now continue parsing even after the string crashes the "register string" function.
Still wish I'd know what exactly is going on, but in the end it's not supposed to register a broken string anyways, so it is working as intended.

Other changes include better escaping for linebreak commands and commands in general.
I've also changed the way the error system works.
It will now put error messages in the Initial Corrections cell instead of overwriting the Initial Translations cell, that should make it less annoying to work with if there's false reports.

Because I rushed the update, the new error codes are not reflected in the tutorial menu, yet.
I will fix that next version.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.064
I forgot to tell the function that makes the error notification popup to stop searching after showing the popup.
As a result it made a popup for every single detected error. :FacePalm: That's fixed now.
I also made some quick adjustments to the tutorial menu so the error code page isn't completely wrong anymore and is easier to find.
(Still some stuff missing in that list though.)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.065.
There was a niche case in which 2 identical escaped sections in one cell crash the escaper making the batch translator loose the entire batch.
I didn't actually manage to "fix" it, yet, but now a cell like that will be tagged yellow and as a result excluded from the initial batch translation. Making you loose only 1 cell instead of ~900.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.068.
Added a big escaping block designed to escape non Japanese commands even if the system has no clue what they are/do.
They will still be tagged as errors in post, so you know what the system didn't recognize, but they will no longer be messed up by Sugoi.

Also rip pixeldrain.

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
Also rip pixeldrain.
Pixeldrain has been facing DNS level blocks in certain countries. Is your country joining the list of countries to ban it? You can get around it by adding an entry to your hosts file that represents the address. Right now, pixeldrain . com resolves to 50.7.159.122 for me. Does it resolve for you? You can check by doing 'ping pixeldrain . com' at a command prompt.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Pixeldrain has been facing DNS level blocks in certain countries. Is your country joining the list of countries to ban it? You can get around it by adding an entry to your hosts file that represents the address. Right now, pixeldrain . com resolves to 50.7.159.122 for me. Does it resolve for you? You can check by doing 'ping pixeldrain . com' at a command prompt.
You also need an account to upload anything now because they changed their user policies.
Thankfully there's still decent alternatives.
Since SLR Translator is tiny when packed, stuff like krakenfiles still works.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.069.

After thinking about it more, it doesn't make sense to put an error message in a cell just because it includes an unknown command if that command was properly escaped and doesn't even include Japanese.
Why would a normal user care about that all.

So now it will only report commands when they are broken, missing, extra, or if they are not known to the system while including Japanese.

LolKek95

Jul 23, 2021
Could you please help to find where to download SugoiV4 and guide to install it? It nothing about V4 in the thread you have attached.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Could you please help to find where to download SugoiV4 and guide to install it? It nothing about V4 in the thread you have attached.
You can find a downloader for the CPU version in the Additional Tools package.

As for the thread, the problem is that the dev called the Sugoi model V4 while also calling the toolkits V"Number".
And so for example the V7 Toolkit actually still includes the V4 model.

Reactions: LolKek95

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.070.
Significant update for complicated games.
This will make little different for simple stuff, but if you're looking at one of those projects in which a dev apparently has a fetish for including as many commands into a dialogue box as they possibly can while constantly inventing new ones, then this update will significantly reduce erros and significantly improve translation quality.

The difference is actually kinda insane.

I'm working on one of those nightmare games right now and my changes between v1.069 and v1.070 reduced cell errors from 1382 to 47, and 42 of those are just lost placeholders, that even if ignored don't actually crash anything.

LolKek95

Jul 23, 2021
Thanks for the translator! Figured out, maybe it will be nice to add to the description:

I took the SugoiV4 from Entai2965 post in Sugoi Thread

https://f95zone.to/threads/sugoi-a-...apanese-deepl-competitor.102856/post-13795780

Duplicate it here

How to run the SugoiV4 server:
1. Download CUDA-Full
2. Unzip
3. Run py3translationServer.py.CTranslate2.CUDA or py3translationServer.py.CTranslate2.CPU
4. CONGRATS

Also the notice, I have noticed the problem with translation where "He = She" in many cases, which is a little bit confusing

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Also the notice, I have noticed the problem with translation where "He = She" in many cases, which is a little bit confusing
I wish I could fix that, but I honestly do not know how.

The problem is that Japanese does not have pronouns, at least not like English does.
So it's not like I could make it look for a specific "he" or "she" character and determine sex from that.
In Japanese you're supposed to know from overall context, but usually you do not have that context from a single cell.

As a result the translator basically just makes a blind guess.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
The only thing I can come up with is changing translations in post based on "likelyhood".
That "She ejaculated inside her" will be changed to "He ejaculated inside her" by default, and stuff like that, but of course that would backfire if someone translates a game including Futanari stuff.
(Which should defintiely be classed as female because they have all the parts of a woman. It's only a fairly recent development that some people have started to use the term incorrectly.)

Last edited:

LolKek95

Jul 23, 2021
Also noticed some games which doesn't parse properly or put the translation into different place like .setAnimation .gameScreen.

photo_2024-06-30_23-18-16.jpg photo_2024-06-30_23-19-21.jpg photo_2024-06-30_23-19-24.jpg

Have you met this problem?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Also noticed some games which doesn't parse properly or put the translation into different place like .setAnimation .gameScreen.

View attachment 3786638 View attachment 3786644 View attachment 3786645

Did you found a solution?
I'm not sure what you mean? :confused:
Those have gray and red tags.
They show up in case you have a really obscure game in which a dev does actually use those cells for text, but If you run batch translation with standard settings those cells stay empty and will not be touched during export.

Or do they actually get filled? That would be a pretty bad new bug. In that case, what game is that?

As for stuff not being translated in your screenshot, that stuff is most likely picture based text.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Clarification on color tags just to have it in this thread, too, I guess.

A cell with no color tag is normal dialogue.

Gray means the same as no color tag, except there isn't any Japanese in it, that could be translated in the first place.

Green means the system positively detected a translatable cell that is not dialogue.

Red means a cell that is either definitely going to break stuff, or was not properly detected by the system, but has a context that makes it unlikely to be translatable.

Dark Red means either the same as Red, except it doesn't even include any Japanese, or a Green cell without any Japanese.

Yellow means either it's a cell that does need translation, but needs manual attention because it does not have working automation, yet, or it's a cell that wasn't detected properly, but based on context "could" be fine to translate.

Gold means the same as Yellow, except it does not have any Japanese in it.

Blue means stuff that is "generally" safe to translate, but it is pointless to do so, because it doesn't actually show up in game. (Dev comments, etc.)

Aqua means the same as Blue, except it does not have any Japanese in it.

Pink means means the "Prepare for Batch-translation" process crashed midway, and you shouldn't continue.

By default cells tagged Gray, Red, Dark Red, Yellow, Gold, Blue, and Aqua will not be translated during batch translation.

Last edited:

LolKek95

Jul 23, 2021
Yeah, you were right, it was Sprite sheets I Guess, do we have any tools to translate such kinds of images? Tried to use Google Translate but it breaks the image quality and it gives an error.

Reactions: Female132

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Yeah, you were right, it was Sprite sheets I Guess, do we have any tools to translate such kinds of images? Tried to use Google Translate but it breaks the image quality and it gives an error.
I've tried to build a tool for that at some point, but the OCR of all the models I've tried failed so often that using it was pretty much the same amount of work than translating it manually.
So now when I'm translating picture based text I tend to use Yandex or Google Lens to find out what it means (Or if they fail, I actually translate the text manually one character at a time.) and then I write it on the picture using Photoshop.

It's slow, tedious, and annoying, which is why I pretty much stopped doing that for requests...

Last edited: