Tool RPGM SLR Translator - Offline JP to EN Translation for RPG Maker VX, VX Ace, MV, and MZ

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Rj01117005 you can download free in otomi-games
I'll look into it, but it might take a bit because the game seems to be quite large.

Edit: I've reproduced the error and found a workaround to make it parse, but now I need to find a way make it do it correctly.
It seems like the Map051 file has something that breaks the trim() function used in the parser base.

Edit2: The offending line in the map is 76 (id:71).

Edit3: The exact bit causing the issue is this:
Code:
{"code"102,"indent":3,"parameters":[[1,2,3],1,0,2,0]},
Edit4: Even more specifically it can't handle the , after the ].
Because
Code:
{"code"102,"indent":3,"parameters":[[1,2,3]1,0,2,0]},
parses fine.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Rj01117005 you can download free in otomi-games
I've released v1.063 and that includes a fix.
Please try again using that version.

It should now continue parsing even after the string crashes the "register string" function.
Still wish I'd know what exactly is going on, but in the end it's not supposed to register a broken string anyways, so it is working as intended.

Other changes include better escaping for linebreak commands and commands in general.
I've also changed the way the error system works.
It will now put error messages in the Initial Corrections cell instead of overwriting the Initial Translations cell, that should make it less annoying to work with if there's false reports.

Because I rushed the update, the new error codes are not reflected in the tutorial menu, yet.
I will fix that next version.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.064
I forgot to tell the function that makes the error notification popup to stop searching after showing the popup.
As a result it made a popup for every single detected error. :FacePalm: That's fixed now.
I also made some quick adjustments to the tutorial menu so the error code page isn't completely wrong anymore and is easier to find.
(Still some stuff missing in that list though.)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.065.
There was a niche case in which 2 identical escaped sections in one cell crash the escaper making the batch translator loose the entire batch.
I didn't actually manage to "fix" it, yet, but now a cell like that will be tagged yellow and as a result excluded from the initial batch translation. Making you loose only 1 cell instead of ~900.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.068.
Added a big escaping block designed to escape non Japanese commands even if the system has no clue what they are/do.
They will still be tagged as errors in post, so you know what the system didn't recognize, but they will no longer be messed up by Sugoi.

Also rip pixeldrain.

Entai2965

Jan 12, 2020
Also rip pixeldrain.
Pixeldrain has been facing DNS level blocks in certain countries. Is your country joining the list of countries to ban it? You can get around it by adding an entry to your hosts file that represents the address. Right now, pixeldrain . com resolves to 50.7.159.122 for me. Does it resolve for you? You can check by doing 'ping pixeldrain . com' at a command prompt.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Pixeldrain has been facing DNS level blocks in certain countries. Is your country joining the list of countries to ban it? You can get around it by adding an entry to your hosts file that represents the address. Right now, pixeldrain . com resolves to 50.7.159.122 for me. Does it resolve for you? You can check by doing 'ping pixeldrain . com' at a command prompt.
You also need an account to upload anything now because they changed their user policies.
Thankfully there's still decent alternatives.
Since SLR Translator is tiny when packed, stuff like krakenfiles still works.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've released v1.069.

After thinking about it more, it doesn't make sense to put an error message in a cell just because it includes an unknown command if that command was properly escaped and doesn't even include Japanese.
Why would a normal user care about that all.

So now it will only report commands when they are broken, missing, extra, or if they are not known to the system while including Japanese.