HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.34] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Make sure your html is in the same folder as the top level Images folder. Make sure you have extracted the Images from the two image pack zip archives.

I'm having a problem when i launch the game i got no image. Can someone help ?

Reactions: Forgotted

anominous

Oct 14, 2017
had the same thing happen, so i went and did a bit more with the older sister and the aunt and cousin, then went back and the "move things forward" prompt eventually popped up.

Reactions: Dixon Butz
Jan 18, 2021
Does anyone know if its possible to set variables to get me back to india before the private/public choice? I'd like to see the new character but slogging through everything again even with cheated money/energy sounds like torture.

I tried to do it by hand but I'm guessing it checks more than just the story progress variables and it broke.
I also thought that it would be too difficult and time consuming to restart a game. I was keeping my precious saved games that I regularly updated since version 0.3 or so. I was too afraid to lose that, due to the time it took me to reach that point.

But then I eventually did it and I found out that it was much faster than I thought. This gave me the opportunity to discover some new scenes but I could also skip reading the longer scenes that I already knew. I was able to redo the India route and discover Leah in less than half an hour.

That being said, if you really want to keep your current game and reset only India's route, then you can try changing the value of the variable $indiaStory: set it to less than 6 if you want to replay some of the choices for India, or set it to 18 or lower if you want to replay the scene that will set all variables for Leah ($leahMet, $leahStory, etc.). You can also set the variable $indiaRoute to 1 for the private route, or 2 for the public route. When $indiaStory is at 18, you can meet India in the evening and "Move things forward with her", which will play the scene about the Forthale house and Emma being a whore. The next morning, Leah will appear.

Edit: Just to be clear, $indiaStory is the name of the Twine/SugarCube variable. In Javascript (in your browser console), you access this variable as SugarCube.State.variables.indiaStory. Just like $cash is mapped to SugarCube.State.variables.cash. Changing the value of the $*Story variables for various characters can break things: you can try setting them to a lower value to replay some scenes but you should never increase their value because this could skip some scenes that are important for initializing other variables correctly. Some variables such as $cash or $charge can be modified safely, but messing with the $*Story variables can break the game. You have been warned. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jumbosauce

peridotslab

Jan 14, 2019
i have everything done except leahs second date ive waited for a couple weeks in game at this point and still nothing. i can attune to her but it just sets it to 100% and we sit on the couch. whenever i go to the gym when she's there it just says to visit her at her house, so im not sure what to do.

Reactions: Bourn56

Bourn56

Mar 4, 2021
My Charges have now reached just under 1500 just from playing the game with the servers active now when I sleep it sets it to NAN & you can't add charges

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
How many servers do you have? Did you just start running with them or have you been using them for a while? I never hit something like this when playtesting, but it has been a while since I playtested that part.

You can use the console to set the charge to a number again.

My Charges have now reached just under 1500 just from playing the game with the servers active now when I sleep it sets it to NAN & you can't add charges

anominous

Oct 14, 2017
must be something in there that triggers a soft cap of sorts... do not pass x#of charges, do not collect 200 ladies lol

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
It's probably an increment type variable that gets set up as a NAN instead of a value. That then pollutes the charge variable since the result of math where one of the variables is a NAN is also a NAN. Python stores this thing internally as a really large number if I remember right. Probably the value 2**64 - 1 or something in that ballpark.

must be something in there that triggers a soft cap of sorts... do not pass x#of charges, do not collect 200 ladies lol

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
How many servers do you have? Did you just start running with them or have you been using them for a while? I never hit something like this when playtesting, but it has been a while since I playtested that part.

I have 11 servers and just for kicks will keep going till it stops me...lol.
Charge is 4011 so far. But, it's been going up drastically since
there's nobody to use it on.

Cheers

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
With this update I don't have access to webcams.
The one in elliot's room doesn't work anymore.

Also,

I keep loosing subs because I didn't upload any content.
With this update I can't upload any. I answered one of the ads and sent them over
to Xev's place but that was that last of it. There's not a choice to edit/upload the vids now.

I may have seen where AO intentionally disabled these for this version but can't remember.

Cheers

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I didn't look at any of the xev content this round, but I did check elliotts webcam when testing the new romi/elliott content. The webcam works fine, but it does hit a black page when their stage is high enough.

With this update I don't have access to webcams.
The one in elliot's room doesn't work anymore.

Also,

I keep loosing subs because I didn't upload any content.
With this update I can't upload any. I answered one of the ads and sent them over
to Xev's place but that was that last of it. There's not a choice to edit/upload the vids now.

I may have seen where AO intentionally disabled these for this version but can't remember.

Cheers

Reactions: Forgotted

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I didn't look at any of the xev content this round, but I did check elliotts webcam when testing the new romi/elliott content. The webcam works fine, but it does hit a black page when their stage is high enough.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure, then, that it's as you said, I've got them maxed out atm so
it just is black screen for now.

Thanks very much
Cheers

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Make sure your html is in the same folder as the top level Images folder. Make sure you have extracted the Images from the two image pack zip archives.
'The images'

My dude, one of those files has four seperate image files nested within an unending tree of subdirectors. You're bound to get some errors when you're putting zips in zips in zips in zips and calling it a day. There's probably dozens of redundant images, it's a mess.

Would it be too much to ask to just have one zip with one image folder (with the correct images for that version to date) and one html and nothing else? That way people aren't using 3.2 GBs of bandwidth to download a 2.8 GB game?

Bourn56

Mar 4, 2021

I haven't used the console to set my charges at all have just been charging manually then adding servers as I get them it look like if you kit 1500+ charges it sets it to NAN with no way to recover.

I can't remember how to get in the console & defiantly don't know where I would need to look to change my charge count?

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Look at my console guide in this thread. It uses charge as the example.

I haven't used the console to set my charges at all have just been charging manually then adding servers as I get them it look like if you kit 1500+ charges it sets it to NAN with no way to recover.

I can't remember how to get in the console & defiantly don't know where I would need to look to change my charge count?

Dimka2010

Feb 15, 2018
Hello, creator.
can you help to progress with HelloKitty?

i did more then 10 times each "hire her at night" stuff and still no button to progress with her here.
I think its a bug here.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes