HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.37.2] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
Guys, on the private path with the sister or any other character is he really all kind and caring or with time is getting more dominant? I just threw the beginning of the private and i didn't like it.

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
Ok, got a bugfix up that seems to address all the bugs reported so far.

I'm still working on converting the videos back to webm. At the rate its going I'll probably need to let it run while I sleep. I'll do a full repack tomorrow. Hopefully before work, but after work at the latest.

The bugfix is only a html file. Its like a 1mb.

Sissy stuff is avoidable by just not playing the Elliot/Romi route. At the moment there are no characters that are aware they're being manipulated. I will do a character around that kink down the line some time though.
On the content of sissification would not have how to put avoidable in the sense of: Follow the path of Romi/Elliot with Romi public and Elliot male and increasingly dominant over Romi. I kind of caught romi's big rancid treating her son and really wanted him to reciprocate

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Guys, on the private path with the sister or any other character is he really all kind and caring or with time is getting more dominant? I just threw the beginning of the private and i didn't like it.
Private arcs are going to be more chill in general. He really has no reason to be aggressive when he knows he can get whatever he wants by just being patient. The public arcs will be more along the lines of him using the girls as tools to further his goal of turning the town into a mecca for debauchery.

Elliot and Romi are going to be getting arcs apart from one another. I just haven't gotten to them yet. I do the arcs in order from private to public so I'm still on private with most characters.

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
Private arcs are going to be more chill in general. He really has no reason to be aggressive when he knows he can get whatever he wants by just being patient. The public arcs will be more along the lines of him using the girls as tools to further his goal of turning the town into a mecca for debauchery.

Elliot and Romi are going to be getting arcs apart from one another. I just haven't gotten to them yet. I do the arcs in order from private to public so I'm still on private with most characters.
Oh, I get it, well, so I guess I'm just going to be in the audience anyway. have any prediction stems from when you're going to resume the characters' public routes?

deppenjaeger

May 23, 2017
man i like this game... but the charge grind is so fucking annoying... either you spend hours auto grinding,... or you manually click your mouse to hell and back...
yeah in the beginning its ok,.. a few times charging,.. and you get 1 advance.. but later?... you have to manually grind for a whole week just to get 1 more stage for 1 girl...

Reactions: dcoagt

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
man i like this game... but the charge grind is so fucking annoying... either you spend hours auto grinding,... or you manually click your mouse to hell and back...
yeah in the beginning its ok,.. a few times charging,.. and you get 1 advance.. but later?... you have to manually grind for a whole week just to get 1 more stage for 1 girl...
That's why I always focus on one character at a time. Currently I have 900 loads because I spent a long time picking up cargo waiting for the days that have in each Persian. You get a lot of advantage, and when you catch the hacker the load increases much faster.

deppenjaeger

May 23, 2017
That's why I always focus on one character at a time. Currently I have 900 loads because I spent a long time picking up cargo waiting for the days that have in each Persian. You get a lot of advantage, and when you catch the hacker the load increases much faster.
which storyline leads to the hacker?

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Uff...just started and it has some potential...but navigation and time management are really exhausting...for example, you need lvl 14 with alex to continue with aj...so you need to go there, and once you are done there is nothing left in the school, so you need to go back to gs, back to lobby, back to the gate and finally back to the map, all of these steps 14 days in a row...wait, attuning, 28 days in a row...that gets annoying as fuck, please place a "go to map" in the left frame, like stats, inventory, map.

Any reason why anything is always afternoon? That just means skipping time in the morning, choosing one of the open things and then skipping the rest of the day...okay, you can waste the time with grinding money (useless, there is nothing worth buying) or grinding charges...dunno if doing paperwork even does anything once you did it 5 times, but it also seems pretty pointless right now. However, spreading the event times instead of putting everything to afternoon would allow you to do more than one quest par day and skipping less useless time...

Next thing, has anyone some life in this game? There is a beach, there is a park, there is a mall but zero chance you actually meet someone there by chance...if its just there for quested meetups they dont need to be on the map, just show a "go there" button in the house or office when its time. Better than checking out empty locations hoping they are not always empty.

And the weekends...i guess, later you may be able to meet some people in privat (at least thats what the apartment building suggests) but right now they are just annoying blanks...you can work one shift if you need it, but the rest of the day is what? Recharging? Thats pretty all you can do there.

And it seems i ran into a bug with karlee...level 3, the hints says i should check the bathroom on thursday mornings...but there is noone and nothing in there. I cant even attune her, in the dining room she says fuck off, in her room she says fuck off, backdoors she says fuck off and she dont goes anywhere else, she just vanishes if she should be in the bathroom.

Another bug with mom...i should visit her office, i go there and the app says i should attune it before or waste a big charge (without the option to waste a big charge at all)...if i try to talk to her at home it says its already attuned and only gives me the leave button...

Gnargh, now alex is gone and i dont have ANYTHING to do in that whole time, i cant do anything at home, aj cant progress without alex, gia is at the end of her content (not surprising, the questline went pretty smoth without any problems and has the best looking girl so far -,-), kat is also done, 2 of the 3 unknowns need progress at home first and i outright refuse to raise jessica further than level 9.

So thats it, 5 open charas but still meet the end of the line...i dont wait weeks for alex come back without being able to do anything in that time, thats far too annoying.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Oh, I get it, well, so I guess I'm just going to be in the audience anyway. have any prediction stems from when you're going to resume the characters' public routes?
I'll jump onto the public arcs as i finish the private ones. I'm finishes Karlees private arc for now, so next time she winns the monthly poll on subscribestar it'll be her public arc i work on.

Have you unlocked the hacker yet? She's in the game to address this issue.

which storyline leads to the hacker?
Never mind. Haha! Obviously you haven't. In the guide there are a few girls labeled as unknown that you haven't met yet. She's the one that talks about improving your charge.

Reactions: deppenjaeger

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
Uff...just started and it has some potential...but navigation and time management are really exhausting...for example, you need lvl 14 with alex to continue with aj...so you need to go there, and once you are done there is nothing left in the school, so you need to go back to gs, back to lobby, back to the gate and finally back to the map, all of these steps 14 days in a row...wait, attuning, 28 days in a row...that gets annoying as fuck, please place a "go to map" in the left frame, like stats, inventory, map.

Any reason why anything is always afternoon? That just means skipping time in the morning, choosing one of the open things and then skipping the rest of the day...okay, you can waste the time with grinding money (useless, there is nothing worth buying) or grinding charges...dunno if doing paperwork even does anything once you did it 5 times, but it also seems pretty pointless right now. However, spreading the event times instead of putting everything to afternoon would allow you to do more than one quest par day and skipping less useless time...

Next thing, has anyone some life in this game? There is a beach, there is a park, there is a mall but zero chance you actually meet someone there by chance...if its just there for quested meetups they dont need to be on the map, just show a "go there" button in the house or office when its time. Better than checking out empty locations hoping they are not always empty.

And the weekends...i guess, later you may be able to meet some people in privat (at least thats what the apartment building suggests) but right now they are just annoying blanks...you can work one shift if you need it, but the rest of the day is what? Recharging? Thats pretty all you can do there.

And it seems i ran into a bug with karlee...level 3, the hints says i should check the bathroom on thursday mornings...but there is noone and nothing in there. I cant even attune her, in the dining room she says fuck off, in her room she says fuck off, backdoors she says fuck off and she dont goes anywhere else, she just vanishes if she should be in the bathroom.

Another bug with mom...i should visit her office, i go there and the app says i should attune it before or waste a big charge (without the option to waste a big charge at all)...if i try to talk to her at home it says its already attuned and only gives me the leave button...

Gnargh, now alex is gone and i dont have ANYTHING to do in that whole time, i cant do anything at home, aj cant progress without alex, gia is at the end of her content (not surprising, the questline went pretty smoth without any problems and has the best looking girl so far -,-), kat is also done, 2 of the 3 unknowns need progress at home first and i outright refuse to raise jessica further than level 9.

So thats it, 5 open charas but still meet the end of the line...i dont wait weeks for alex come back without being able to do anything in that time, thats far too annoying.
I only just redid the map for this build. I'll be messing with it more over time.

Next character is actually going to address two of your points by being a person you interact with in the morning and someone you meet in the park.

I think the Karlee issue has been fixed. Are you on the latest bugfix?

Again I think the India bug of her not showing up in the office sometimes has been fixed in 0.14.5

Seems like the core issue you have with the game is that there aren't enough people/interactions. Totally fair. It is the games biggest issue. Unfortunately the only real solve for the problem is time. In time I will add more characters, more interactions, more variety in character types. I only have two days a week off work to spend on the game. I add as much content every month as I can but I can only do so much.

PS.
Glad you like Gia. Sh'es one of my favorites. But for some reason she hasn't won one of the monthly polls in ages :mad: . . . Some people just have no taste.:ROFLMAO:

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Just saw the bugfixed bugfix, i had an older one. Now i just met a new girl in moms office, guesst thats the event that refused to trigger.
Not sure about the other one yet, i mostly start writing when i start playing, at least in html games since they tend to have more bugs and especially missing media than others, so its better to keep track of them while seeing them instead of trying to remember them ^^

Well, it could be enough, but since everything is in the afternoon the rest of the days is either grind more than you need or skip to the next afternoon...the events/quests should use more times, school stuff could already start in the morning, others could be after school in the evening so you can do more if you grinded enough charges, otherwise its just a skip-time-festival.

Well, make less polls, your tastes and opions should matter a bit too in your game...you should just avoid to like forced sharing of any girl, thats against the genre (you dont need to control a girl to make her jump other guys, give her time and she does it anyway...you need control to let her not even think about jumping other guys ^^)

Syrinfox

Feb 9, 2020
So when I'm playing this there are some scenes that have large black areas that very clearly are supposed to have pictures or videos playing. Is this supposed to be like that or did something go wrong?

tonts

May 23, 2018
So when I'm playing this there are some scenes that have large black areas that very clearly are supposed to have pictures or videos playing. Is this supposed to be like that or did something go wrong?
It's a known issue which came up with the latest update. Dev is aware of it and working on the fix already. Should be fixed later today.

Tudor337

Jun 14, 2017
Are some of the images getting changed? Asking cos i noticed 2 images missing on the first day Schoolgate.JPG and Sciencewing.jpg. I know the videos are being redone but are the images too?

Reactions: milesld

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
You have some duplicates of videos in the archive where both the mp4 and webm versions are present, not sure if you've noticed and cleaned it up since.

Also, if you're converting the videos, again, try to use the original source if possible. Endless lossy transcoding can do hell on the quality.

Jan 18, 2021
Okay this update broke much more than just the dreams. Xev content not only has no images but also an endless loop you cannot get out of. Not sure if this is because of old saves or just bugs.
The dream videos are broken because the list of unlocked dreams is stored in the game as a list of file names. When the videos are re-encoded in a different format (GIF, WebM, WebP, MP4), the dreams from old saves refer to files that do not exist anymore. AmusingOddity is working on restoring the videos in WebM format instead of MP4. This may fix the old saves from versions 0.13 and earlier because they will find the .webm files again, but this will probably break the dreams from some versions 0.14.x that refer to .mp4 files. So there is no way to please everybody... well, there would be a way to add a mapping function with a table of all old file names used in previous versions of the game and that would replace the old file names with the current ones, but that would require more effort. That function could be called on the list of dreams while loading an old save, or could be called by the code that selects and displays a random dream video.

As several others have noted, there are some inconsistencies between the characters shown in the buttons on the maps and their appearance in the corresponding rooms. For example, when I visit Romi's house in the evening, the button "Romi's Room" shows that she is in her room, but when I enter the room she is not visible ($romiEllStory = 3, in case this matters). Many things have changed with the introduction of the new maps, so it looks like a few things are broken. I am sure that the next release will fix all that and will be perfect. ;)

The button "Phone" in the MC's office at school is not a location. It is not obvious that it must be used to call Jessica. It would be better to make its purpose more obvious by labeling the button "Call Jessica" as it used to be with the text-based links in the previous version of the game.

Also, although this is not a blocker, the link to the suburbs has disappeared from the entryway at home. It should probably be next to the "Map" button. Without a direct link to the suburbs it is necessary to go first to the general map, then go back to the suburbs and then visit Romi's house or Xev's house.

I noticed a minor bug while playing the "double or nothing" game. The following error is displayed in the browser console:
Error: cannot find a closing tag for macro <<if>>
<<if $dONFail is 1>>…
I also spotted some typos in old scenes:
  • Talking to Karlee in the morning ($karleeStory = 7), there is a missing space between these two sentences: "Honestly you should sell that idea to the military.All the terrorists (...)"
  • Much later, first blowjob scene ($karleeStory = 13), "You keep expecting her to stop you, to start slapping at your thighs ore try to pull away." -> "or try"
  • Starting the job at the warehouse: "Katerina said that I cant start until she has put through some paparwork." -> "can't" / "paperwork"

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 26 Votes