• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017

Hi friends, how are you doing? I hope all is well with you! In the last release of the game, I made some experimental animations, I think the animations liven up the atmosphere of our game a bit. I hope you enjoyed it, however I almost didn't see a feedback. The game hasn't gotten the attention I wanted yet. Well, let's keep working. We will see a couple more updates. If there is not a positive trend, then we will think further.
The last few days I did not have the opportunity to work on the game because of my main job. I am not sure yet when I will be able to fully resume work on the game. Today I have started working, but I cannot spend more than an hour or two a day on the game development at the moment.
I'm also starting to rework the Adele and MC's trip scene to the mall.
Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017

Work on 0.04 in progress...
Working on the next update, which should be out by the end of the month.
In other news, one of my patrons advised me to make an account at , now you can find me there... I like that platform...

Mar 23, 2021

Work on 0.04 in progress...
Working on the next update, which should be out by the end of the month.
In other news, one of my patrons advised me to make an account at , now you can find me there... I like that platform...
It's cool to know that he's learning some self defense, I didn't want this to turn into a humiliation marathon.

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
3a 6.jpg

What do you think of her look? And who is Amber? Who played Smartass carefully?
2500*2500pix
I'm thinking of doing a monthly poll to do a wallpaper on one of the characters. What do you think about that? Or is it better to focus on game development?

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
Didn't see Amber, but she was mentioned as hairdresser by Paulina :unsure:

yeah, edited it :)

Reactions: Zee95

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
1a 117-15-6.jpg

0.04 The Smartass News
Hi friends, how are you doing?
I was planning to do a release by the 20th, but as usual I didn't make it... It sucks... There are a couple of reasons for that. One, it's my main job. The second is the animation, which I worked on for about 3 days, dozens of hours of rendering, about 100 frames that I ended up not liking, so I decided to redo them... That's the news as of today. Still want to release this month, and I'll do my best, but I can't promise anything.
In touch...

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

0.04 The Smartass News
Hi friends, how are you doing?
I was planning to do a release by the 20th, but as usual I didn't make it... It sucks... There are a couple of reasons for that. One, it's my main job. The second is the animation, which I worked on for about 3 days, dozens of hours of rendering, about 100 frames that I ended up not liking, so I decided to redo them... That's the news as of today. Still want to release this month, and I'll do my best, but I can't promise anything.
In touch...
i would say dont bother with animations ever (or at least till you have a proper support/machine), yet that would be a waste of words, as almost every dev falls under "animations hype".
if not for animations-trolls, then for the sake of experimenting and wishing to be up-to-date with the latest trends...
animations dont make a good vn - renders and story do.
on top of that, poorly implemented animations, despite time/resources overconsuming, can ruin otherwise good game (OoL from the top of my head).
and full stop here :BootyTime:

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Just like Abhai said, even worse and without filters from my side :LOL:
I really dislike the animations in the games I play and much prefer 2 or 3 nice pics to an animation that brings nothing.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
i would say dont bother with animations ever (or at least till you have a proper support/machine), yet that would be a waste of words, as almost every dev falls under "animations hype".
if not for animations-trolls, then for the sake of experimenting and wishing to be up-to-date with the latest trends...
animations dont make a good vn - renders and story do.
on top of that, poorly implemented animations, despite time/resources overconsuming, can ruin otherwise good game (OoL from the top of my head).
and full stop here :BootyTime:
Totally agree and I thought I was all alone in this lonely non-animated visual utopia against the crowded wonky animated visual dystopia. :p

Most of the time animations in 3DCG VNs breaks immersion for me, sure there are lots of exceptions with good animations but as I said most. A guy opens the bathroom door silently, you see a goddess in her underwear, slowly undressing, giving tons of teasing poses, enters the shower and BAM! Animation starts and goddess turns into a malfunctioning, glitching robot stuck in a time loop. :FacePalm:

Zee95, we are for sure minority, so do as you feel right. :)

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
Fan Sig:
smartass-fan.gif smartass-fan2.gif smartass-fan3.gif smartass-fan4.gif
link:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/08/1351200_smartass-fan.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/12/1558538_smartass-fan2.gif