Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,409 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,316 17.4%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,716 36.0%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,077 27.5%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,823 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,579 20.9%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,368 31.4%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,687 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 754 10.0%

• Total voters

yazda

Mar 21, 2021
The viking period was not in the middle ages... it was from 700 to 1065. Then middle ages was from around 1385 until about 1520 some people push it up to the late 16th century.
The viking era was in the dark ages....
meanwhile, blacksmiths created swords and armor. the temperature used would have been more than hot enough to create glass, however this invention never existed until around 1400+
This is unmistakably a fantasy story, it really very hard not to see it as such. Your taking real life things and trying to apply them to a fantasy story and then complaining about how things never existed. You might want to actually brush up on your history a little before complaining about something which is only a fantasy story!
The tale takes place in the year 1066. As Nox says "52 summers after the battle of clontarf". Clontarf was a core site of the in 1014, in which , High King of Ireland, defeated the of Dublin and their allies, the Irish of . This battle, which extended over a wide area, from modern Ballybough to Kilbarrack, at least, is seen as marking an end to the Irish-Viking Wars.
And of course 1066 is the date of the battles of Hastings and earlier two battles between King Harold Godwinson of England and the Vikings.

The Battle of Fulford was fought on the outskirts of the village of just south of in England, on 20 September 1066, when King , also known as Harald Hardrada ("harðráði" in Old Norse, meaning "hard ruler"), and , his English ally, fought and defeated the Northern Earls and .

The Battle of Stamford Bridge ( : Gefeoht æt Stanfordbrycge) took place at the village of , in England, on 25 September 1066, between an English army under and an invading Norwegian force led by and the English king's brother . After a bloody battle, both Hardrada and Tostig, along with most of the Norwegians, were killed. Although Harold Godwinson repelled the Norwegian invaders, his army was defeated by the at less than three weeks later. The battle has traditionally been presented as symbolising the end of the , although major campaigns in Britain and Ireland occurred in the following decades, such as those of in 1069–1070 and in 1098 and 1102–1103.

Reactions: vogelbeest

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hey GleenXstudio was just wondering, didn't you say in the SandStorm thread before that SnowStorm will take in some decisions made in SandStorm and import the saves (and those that don't have EP1 SandStorm saves will have default choices made for them with SnowStorm)?

Is that still the plan, or has SnowStorm now gone the different route from that plan you set out before?

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
No, at the end, I have made things easier to manage for everyone (players and devs).
SandStorm saves or codes won't be needed.
At the start, you will just be asked if you played SandStorm or not, and which girl did you like/end up with.
But SnowStorm is completely playable and enjoyable on its own.
Having played SandStorm before gives some little extra and more background, but it's not game breaker.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
No, at the end, I have made things easier to manage for everyone (players and devs).
SandStorm saves or codes won't be needed.
At the start, you will just be asked if you played SandStorm or not, and which girl did you like/end up with.
But SnowStorm is completely playable and enjoyable on its own.
Having played SandStorm before gives some little extra and more background, but it's not game breaker.
You ask only about the (single) gals, Rion/Nora or evil paths? Not that i have ever touched the asshole path in Sandstorm, but i can imagine that this could be a branching nightmare...

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I have saves ready for all clans (and will go through all paths), but have to say, looking most forward to Dark Ravens.
Just the way the Ravens live and the character Nox, just is so compelling compared to others.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
I have saves ready for all clans (and will go through all paths), but have to say, looking most forward to Dark Ravens.
Just the way the Ravens live and the character Nox, just is so compelling compared to others.
Yep, same here. Not bad for a demo is it? Ok, I get that it's an episode 2 in a series, but still. Plenty of content to get started.

Reactions: JJJ84

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I have to say I'm more hyped about Snowstorm than Sandstorm these days.
I think it is a good choice of the dev to focus only on path this time (non ntr).
Sandstorm is good, what i really find sad is, the sex scene with that magic gem is only on evil path and only a few scenes...that scenes are the hottest ones imo.

Carefree247

May 24, 2019
I liked how Sandstrom started at first, then it lost me due to me getting bored of most of the female characters sure the comedy was fine though I found it lacking in making me bond with the characters in the few moments we had together, but thankfully for Maddie I decided to enslave her for being a bitch :devilish:.

Maddie: *Abuses MC

Evil MC:

GleenXstudio do you plan to change the writing from how it was done in Sandstrom ? I feel with multiple characters you should a variety of character arcs suited for them considering most of the sandsotrm girls have almost the same damn Arc where they either had(Maddie & Nefertari) a lover and lost them or finally found someone to love them (Rion & Nora) and the MC is a spectator in someone else's story(The FMC's) and not the other way around.

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
Because it takes time and he is still working on Ep.1 as you already know when you read the OP.

vogelbeest

Jan 9, 2021
This game is good, why it takes so much to update?
My guess is this game will be slower on updates until sandstorm finishes. ;) But that one is supposed to be done with all paths until just before the endgame part.

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
No! It's because of multiple games, I know these guys want money at any costs but still...have some respect for your community
lol that's what he meant by saying ep1. EP 1 of erastorm is sandstorm,the other game.The next update is already released on patreon btw. Besides,what community are you talking about? How does he have no respect for his community when he delivers updates for 2 games on regular basis?
the entitlement of some people here truly amazes me. Wanting money at any cost,jesus. what a stupid comment

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52_URM cheats (WIP)

mc stats/gold // scores

View attachment 1553489 View attachment 1553490

choices detection/outcome

View attachment 1553488

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

how to use : Link

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut ->>

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> Link

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at link above, thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 -->
)
mod update (mainfile + gallery unlocked for v 0.1.0)

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 43 Votes