TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I avoided playing this game for so long. What the fuck was wrong with me?
Nothing. If I saw the initial image of this topic I would also not feel like playing my own game, hahah. Also, Solvalley is a bit of a lazy game, it's just a sequence of stories. That's why your attitude is normal.

When I finish Solvalley I will try to create a more interesting game where the player has to interact more with the scenario and people, make important choices and increase the relationship with the female characters in a more natural way than simply following the storyline. But Solvalley has so many characters that it will take me some time to finish it. It's a tip for anyone who wants to make their own game in the future: always start with a small project!

Bye!

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Nothing. If I saw the initial image of this topic I would also not feel like playing my own game, hahah. Also, Solvalley is a bit of a lazy game, it's just a sequence of stories. That's why your attitude is normal.

When I finish Solvalley I will try to create a more interesting game where the player has to interact more with the scenario and people, make important choices and increase the relationship with the female characters in a more natural way than simply following the storyline. But Solvalley has so many characters that it will take me some time to finish it. It's a tip for anyone who wants to make their own game in the future: always start with a small project!

Bye!
As long as you don't give up your sense of humor in this hypothetical new game. ;)

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
As long as you don't give up your sense of humor in this hypothetical new game. ;)
I find it difficult to avoid this, to tell you the truth. I can't do serious things even if I try. And I have the impression that if I do something 100% serious, it will get cringe as fuck.

In addition, although I recognize that this type of humor does not fit well with adult games, I still think it would be perfectly possible to get more success in Patreon with this same style of humor, but improving things related to Gameplay.

For example, at Solvalley, when you go to the park, you have a "search for girls" option, there it opens a list of available girls. I could create an infinitely more interesting system. For example, allowing the player to visit the park at different day times. Putting random events in the park from time to time. Placing elements in the scenario that the player can interact with. Making the player see the girls in the park instead of getting a list of the available girls, etc.

It's these kinds of things I plan to do in a future game: elements of gameplay and not just lists that the player will clicking to see the sequence of the story. I believe it is enough to be more successful at Patreon without having to sacrifice my style.

Note: As I said before, I think my sense of humour does not match adult games well. So I'm going to try to make a non-adult Visual Novel that goes on in high school, but with this same kind of humor and some charismatic characters to see if I can please some players. I'm learning to render scenarios and characters in DAZ3D, below an example of one of the first tests I did:

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017
I avoided playing this game for so long. What the fuck was wrong with me?
To be fair i've played it when it was RPGmaker and i hated it (way too many games are made in it that should not be IMO). Had no idea it was ported to Renpy, tried it and i love it now.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
To be fair i've played it when it was RPGmaker and i hated it (way too many games are made in it that should not be IMO). Had no idea it was ported to Renpy, tried it and i love it now.
Loved it in RPGM love it now just which there was more updates to this more often game is like top 5 for me.

ACP

Apr 18, 2017
Also, Solvalley is a bit of a lazy game, it's just a sequence of stories.
Are you kidding? That is what makes it my favorite game on here. It is the perfect interactive game of this type. You are able to make choices and guide the story without silly minigames or fetch quests. You rock!

I can't do serious things even if I try
Never change

Dweedle

May 20, 2017
My first post and its going to sound like an advertisement, but no bullshit: I'm really surprised the dev is making so little off of Patreon. There's just such a huge abundant amount of crap out there I feel like its hidden the few good ones like these games.
When it comes to completely original content (not parodying popular shows/movies) this game is my favourite I've found on this site by a long shot.

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
My first post and its going to sound like an advertisement, but no bullshit: I'm really surprised the dev is making so little off of Patreon. There's just such a huge abundant amount of crap out there I feel like its hidden the few good ones like these games.
When it comes to completely original content (not parodying popular shows/movies) this game is my favourite I've found on this site by a long shot.
Enjoy your first "like".

Reactions: phreadom

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
My games don't appeal so much to Patreon's audience. I stopped at 200 patrons and probably will not get much more than this. I have seen some games with more than 500 patrons that did not seem much better than mine, but they have much more seductive themes.

When I finish my current games I'm going to start a game with more appeal. I already had some good ideas, I just need to finish Solvalley and House Arrest before starting a new project.

Reactions: Graybo
D

Deleted member 125215

The game is still not leaked because the author himself is sitting on the pirate sites?) Give the link pls)

Nov 11, 2017
My games don't appeal so much to Patreon's audience. I stopped at 200 patrons and probably will not get much more than this. I have seen some games with more than 500 patrons that did not seem much better than mine, but they have much more seductive themes.

When I finish my current games I'm going to start a game with more appeal. I already had some good ideas, I just need to finish Solvalley and House Arrest before starting a new project.
You're wrong - in today's climate it's ALL about marketing. You could easily break 300 patreons with the correct advertisement - but that stuff takes time.

I almost didn't want to say this, as what I love most about these games is that you're down to earth and interact with the community, and you push out updates at a very good rate, but Solvalley is good.

On the topic of more mechanics such as in the park etc - you can bog down adult games too much with this stuff - it's better to keep things reasonably linear and straight forward, as going the route of BigBrother and just making everything take forever, and giving no help to the player as what repeatable event has a CHANCE to progress the story just wastes people's time.

Good luck TK8000.

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
The game is still not leaked because the author himself is sitting on the pirate sites?) Give the link pls)
Be patient and wait. It was just released less than 12 hours after all. I really hope more patrons pledge to TK8000. It is just 3 dollars (or 6 if you are generous) for god sake...
I think we should introduce a 24 hour (or more) waiting policy before leaking any stuff...

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
You're wrong - in today's climate it's ALL about marketing. You could easily break 300 patreons with the correct advertisement - but that stuff takes time.

I almost didn't want to say this, as what I love most about these games is that you're down to earth and interact with the community, and you push out updates at a very good rate, but Solvalley is good.

On the topic of more mechanics such as in the park etc - you can bog down adult games too much with this stuff - it's better to keep things reasonably linear and straight forward, as going the route of BigBrother and just making everything take forever, and giving no help to the player as what repeatable event has a CHANCE to progress the story just wastes people's time.

Good luck TK8000.
I still think there is no appeal. Last week I had more than 12k visits in my Patreon, but this did not increase the number of collaborators at all.

I downloaded a game called Corruption, in it you're in a house with two girls (mother and sister, if I'm not mistaken) and you can drug them with a magic potion that corrupts them. Honestly, it's not my type of game, I do not really like this theme of corruption, etc., but I can see the appeal of that game. First, you visit the girls and you can do almost nothing. But after completing in-game tasks, you get access to bolder scenes.

I think Solvalley would have a similar appeal if from the first day you could walk freely around the school and try to talk to all the girls. At first they would not be interested, but by making events and completing some quests, the player would follow an evolution in the way the girls interacted with him.

In the end, the game would not change that much, it would only add some boring tasks and things would develop more slowly, but apparently this is what the guys at Patreon want. They do not want a simple story with sex scenes. They want to feel rewarded for having won virtual girls. Of course, I can be completely wrong. But it is my impression in view of some games of quality similar to mine, which I honestly consider mediocre. Within this reasoning do not enter games with professional quality, like the Summertime Saga and similar.

Be patient and wait. It was just released less than 12 hours after all. I really hope more patrons pledge to TK8000. It is just 3 dollars (or 6 if you are generous) for god sake...
I think we should introduce a 24 hour (or more) waiting policy before leaking any stuff...
I think it does not make any difference to leak the link at launch time, 24 hours later, or never. I believe that if the game has the right appeal, it will succeed even if it is pirated to hell.

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
I still think there is no appeal. Last week I had more than 12k visits in my Patreon, but this did not increase the number of collaborators at all.

I downloaded a game called Corruption, in it you're in a house with two girls (mother and sister, if I'm not mistaken) and you can drug them with a magic potion that corrupts them. Honestly, it's not my type of game, I do not really like this theme of corruption, etc., but I can see the appeal of that game. First, you visit the girls and you can do almost nothing. But after completing in-game tasks, you get access to bolder scenes.

I think Solvalley would have a similar appeal if from the first day you could walk freely around the school and try to talk to all the girls. At first they would not be interested, but by making events and completing some quests, the player would follow an evolution in the way the girls interacted with him.

In the end, the game would not change that much, it would only add some boring tasks, but apparently this is what the guys at Patreon want. They do not want a simple story with sex scenes. They want to feel rewarded for having won virtual girls. Of course, I can be completely wrong. But it is my impression in view of some games of quality similar to mine, which I honestly consider mediocre. Within this reasoning do not enter games with professional quality, like the Summertime Saga and similar.

I think it does not make any difference to leak the link at launch time, 24 hours later, or never. I believe that if the game has the right appeal, it will succeed even if it is pirated to hell.
Thinking about it, part of the problem may be honey select, there has been a lot, and even more recently, honey select games being released, and people tend to lean more toward the very pretty renders or 2D art (Summertime Saga, Four Elements, Big Brother, DMD etc). If I'm to talk about personal preference I believe some of the more recent renders in SVS/HA have tried to be too realistic shadow wise etc. I think it would be nicer to keep a somewhat more "cartoon" art style, like a simplified version of overwatch's art direction.

Regardless, my only real comment is try not to lose the general appeal of the story for Solvalley etc, and don't add boring gameplay that just artifically makes games longer and cuts away from development time of the content people really want.

Reactions: BloodyRelight

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Thinking about it, part of the problem may be honey select, there has been a lot, and even more recently, honey select games being released, and people tend to lean more toward the very pretty renders or 2D art (Summertime Saga, Four Elements, Big Brother, DMD etc). If I'm to talk about personal preference I believe some of the more recent renders in SVS/HA have tried to be too realistic shadow wise etc. I think it would be nicer to keep a somewhat more "cartoon" art style, like a simplified version of overwatch's art direction.

Regardless, my only real comment is try not to lose the general appeal of the story for Solvalley etc, and don't add boring gameplay that just artifically makes games longer and cuts away from development time of the content people really want.
I do not intend to make any changes to Solvalley, the game will end with the same style as it started (at least it's my goal). Even if someone proposed a new formula for Solvalley that would double my number of Patrons, I would still keep the current one. I'm just going to try new things on future projects.

The renders changed because I installed the newer version of Honey Select with several mods and this made my life easier, but the cost was having two different styles of renders (vivid colors vs. pastel colors). This bothers me a bit, but since I do not have much patience with this technical part and I prefer to spend time creating the stories and new scenes, I ended up ignoring this part.

4.20 star(s) 157 Votes