Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.42] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.40 star(s) 44 Votes

Sadie227

May 11, 2022
Following with this advice, find out, and always try to keep bosses out of their preferred range, or you WILL suffer for it. Could give a small guide on what each range bosses prefer if people want, but realistically it'll become pretty easy to figure out once you see them either try to stick in the green zone, or try to move into blue or further. Also, most bosses generally have two zones in which they can do some sort of ability to harm you I've found, though, this doesn't seem to be universally true.
I just wanna add a quick side note in that the devs have very cleverly colour-coded basically everything in the game; green enemies (the archers, tentacles) like being in the green zone, blue enemies (mages, pre-transformation voodoo dolls) like being in the blue zone and red enemies (grunts, hounds, imps, slimes) like being in the red zone. This even applies to bosses, if you're paying attention: the slime queen is red, the tentacle twins are green, hell even Brad is blue.

Ollie314

Nov 14, 2017
Best new game in development i have seen in a while. Different from the hundreds of Ren'Py or RPGM clones out there. Actually got involved in the gameplay after the 81 bugfix.

TLDR: good game. very skill selection dependent. either you win easily or guaranteed to lose slowly; getting 1 hero captured snowballs VERY quickly into a loss. some skills feel very weak or hard to use. in general SP skills harder to use well b/c 2 of 3 base mobs mostly deal stam dmg, making it tough to force a sex scene without getting overwhelmed somehow. Clothing a very under-utilized resource presently.

Wasnt until the v81 bugfix that I ended up being able to beat the game and then I noticed some trends. Which 3 skills you start out with is a strong predictor of how you will end up (unless you can manage to make it to the skills vendor in mid-rush). Some of the skills are very strong and useful but some are very meh (hard to use well; though i admit im probably not the best tactical player). A big issue with using the SP skills is that the base mobs tend to do majority stam dmg (red/geen), so when you are out of SP (no regen as of 81 fix), you are out of skills unless you can let enough specific mobs through to force a sex scene and get the regen (but not too many because you can easily get overwhelmed; the blue mobs are the basic ones that do SP dmg but then also empower red/green to do stam dmg at range which sucks as i will go into below).

I also noticed that when things start to go wrong they tend to go wrong fast. Ive never used the buyback option because i usually end up wiping the floor with the mobs/bosses, ending up at victory with 100stam/100clothing/100SP, or all 3 locked up. If one gets locked up it snowballs in a hurry and its basically game over. Would like to maybe see a change there, make it easier to get heros back; maybe have the option to buyback open at every stop instead of having it be its own destination. The changes to SP were good in that its not just a near guaranteed wipe anymore when one char get drained.

After i beat the game a few times I started working on seeing every type of scene for each character (mostly about getting strong skills then letting certain mobs/bosses live a while to see what they do (the bosses themselves dont really do much except dmg you; some of the mobs they spawn do interesting stuff; lizard boss is by far the hardest with its dodge tokens and color shifting; the others are fairly straightforward if you know here they want to be and control them well; i think some of them still have bugs). Maybe display which nodes have which bosses so the player can make choices about what they would like to see?

I noticed that clothing was very under-utilized as a resource. Would definitely like to see this resource utilized more during basic mobs rush (base mobs pretty much only either dmg stam or SP. Either you get the slimes, which strip off clothing fast, or it doesnt matter much and you almost never get to see the heros nude (as a purposeful choice to fight with; obviously you can see them if you just lose on purpose or get captured or something). Maybe make it into a resource to choose to boost skill dmg? Being able to 'spend' it for boost then maybe be able to 'find' scraps randomly to regen (and with different art for scraps, clearly :) ). Or maybe voluntarily removing clothing forces more mobs to perform SP attacks instead of stam attacks

cutting_dicks

Feb 21, 2020
Found a run-killing bug in the 81 version: If you use the 5 attack in blue zone skill and it happens to blow up a bomb before the 5 attacks are complete, killing everything else in the zone, the animation goes on forever and the game softlocks.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JorgeÚnico

Ziggy_Diggy

Oct 5, 2018
Without AoE skills, you still get rolled. I just reroll at the beginning until I have 2 characters with zone clearers because otherwise if you get overrun you lose the game.

Also SR not regening has the consequence of losing all your girls in 1-2 turns unless you have an ability to drain SR early on one of them. I lost 3 runs to all my girls getting fucked within 2 turns of eachother, to really no fault of my own. That's just averages

Last edited:

CoalBurner

Sep 18, 2018
Also SR not regening has the consequence of losing all your girls in 1-2 turns unless you have an ability to drain SR early on one of them. I lost 3 runs to all my girls getting fucked within 2 turns of eachother, to really no fault of my own. That's just averages
Prepare for it my dude, if the girls are getting low, leave enemies at low health so they can be killed in one hit by anyone.
The only time it wasn't your fault at all is if you get got all in one turn, and that's assuming you couldn't do anything to the board to reduce the number of attacks in a turn

The game's decently rough when starting out, but once you learn the combat system, it gets pretty easy, just keep at it and you'll get there

Last edited:

Lilitas72

Jan 21, 2020
God dammit I cannot play this game. I've done 10 runs and I haven't even made it TO the boss fight. The characters do pathetic amounts of damage compared to the ridiculous stream of enemies pouring into the battlefield, and once someone gets grabbed there's like a 90% chance that you can't kill the grabber before the rest of your team is defeated in one way or another. I really really like the art style and gameplay mechanics, but the playable characters feel WAAAAAAY too weak to put up a fight.

The only accomplishment I've done is saving the woman that sets up the waffle shop.

I wanna see all the content the tags claim is in the game, but so far the only enemies I've been able to encounter are the basic ones, the slaver dude, and the little goblin imp things.
After bashing my head against the game a few more times and using a bit of the advice that was given, I did manage to beat a few minibosses and level bosses. Maybe just one level boss, I don't really know what the difference between levels are. The problem is that I don't really feel like I actually got better, just that I got lucky with the skills I was given. Non-AoE skills didn't help in most scenarios and skills that use Resistance rather than Stamina feel way too risky to use, even if they are AoEs. Like others have mentioned, it seems like what you're given at the start determines whether you're almost guaranteed to win or be doomed to get overwhelmed. The only runs where I felt like I was doing great were when I had at least 2 Stamina AoEs.

The Warrior with the column pushback that can target ANY column, the Ninja with the quintuple attack in her zone, and the Huntress with shooting 1 arrow in each row and/or the 10 random shots across the battlefield were godsends. The stamina cost doesn't matter most of the time because you can kill or incapacitate the enemies and regenerate it before they can harm you. In the case you use Resistance skills, you're forced to eventually get grabbed to use them again because of not having natural regen for it (and the potions are very limited), which is much more difficult to deal with. I don't have the brain power to manage the enemies so perfectly that only low health ones are doing grabs. It's sooooo much easier to just slaughter them all before they're even a threat then take a couple turns doing basic attacks to get the powers back.

Oh and I know I already said I like the art, but I have to emphasize that I REALLY like the art. ESPECIALLY the voodoo stuff. Whatever mixture of mind control/possession/body control/transformation/etc. is going on there is hitting every one of my buttons. I just wish I understood how those enemies work... do they turn into a doll of the first character to hit them? Do they randomly choose a character to turn into? How does their bodyguard mechanic work? How rare are they and how do you know if the voodoo boss is coming up?

...are there more mind control shenanigans in the works?

Last edited:

Ziggy_Diggy

Oct 5, 2018
Prepare for it my dude, if the girls are getting low, leave enemies at low health so they can be killed in one hit by anyone.
The only time it wasn't your fault at all is if you get got all in one turn, and that's assuming you couldn't do anything to the board to reduce the number of attacks in a turn

The game's decently rough when starting out, but once you learn the combat system, it gets pretty easy, just keep at it and you'll get there
I tried that. unfortunately, it's still down to luck at the end of the day and those three infuriating loses were all because that one random goon who I hadn't knocked to >15 health grabbed a girl and is conviently in there zone as well so you can only do 6-10 damage in a turn. I've played a bunch of runs and beaten all the minibosses and I can confidently say that while it's rare, when it does happen it's complete bullshit and I don't think this is a good or necessary thing to be in the game.

CoalBurner

Sep 18, 2018
I tried that. unfortunately, it's still down to luck at the end of the day and those three infuriating loses were all because that one random goon who I hadn't knocked to >15 health grabbed a girl and is conviently in there zone as well so you can only do 6-10 damage in a turn. I've played a bunch of runs and beaten all the minibosses and I can confidently say that while it's rare, when it does happen it's complete bullshit and I don't think this is a good or necessary thing to be in the game.
yeah, for now the game's still pretty early on so there's not always that much that can be done, but i've heard there will be mechanics that will help to prevent stuff like that happening

Oct 12, 2018
Really, the best I can say at this early point is just that the game IS just a demo, and it also happens to be a rogue-like, a game type which will typically have you going against some pretty unfair odds at times. Granted, I approach this game a lot like I approach Darkest Dungeon, and there too its really just about mitigating RNG as much as you can, but RNG will STILL always exist no matter what you do. As much as an understanding I feel I have of the game, there are times where either just through poor routing, or poor luck I end up in a situation that's incredibly difficult if not impossible to come back from.

That said, if you're also getting this back to back in runs, I feel its more so a mix of bad luck and probably some poor usage of the movement or single target skills, as a lot of my runs do tend to thrive on those, albeit won't complain about getting an AoE ability (unless its the random hitting ones, I just feel those are, quite literally, relying a bit too much on RNG unless you're using it when you have only 1-2 enemies in that specific zone, specifically thinking of the Ninjas and Knights as the Archers just yolos the whole stage.) as their pretty damned strong for obvious reasons in most cases. While I do particularly like the way SR is handled right now, it can definitely lead to some difficult situations if you either just mismanage it, or RNG REALLY goes against you in some unfavorable way, assuming you couldn't have prevented that situation. Its why, typically at least, I find it far better to just let Stamina hitting enemies stand up a bit longer at times compared to those who either tend to, or exclusively go for SR attacks as they can, and will group up on you real quick, and if you don't have them sitting at 10 or lower, you're gonna be in for a bad time, though in most cases you *should* have an ability on a character outside of their preferred zone who can still do 10 damage flat, either in an aoe, or a single target ability (lasso, restrain, poison arrow, broadhead arrow. Swordsman/knight is the one that lacks in this department the most, though they still have some AoEs that can be used regardless of zone and deal their max damage.).

All in all though, I imagine with more content added, and just generally more things to spend resources on in the future the game will open up a bit more, plus probably become a bit easier in some ways. If there were to be any small suggestion, though I'm not sure if this would just flat out make people use the same builds over and over with little need to engage with the games variety of skills/mechanics, maybe add an option for some bright coins to let you choose a skill at the beginning for one, or all characters? I hesitate a bit to say that with how it is currently at least since it'd give players pretty much all the power they need to get near guaranteed successful runs, but at the same time it'd also at least make it more rewarding to brave the RNG and just use whatever you're given. Conflicted on how I feel about that overall, but really, I'm just here to wait and see how it turns out at this point more than anything as, I can at least say, losing is usually pretty fun in this game for obvious reasons, and most the time when I do lose it feels like I fucked up in one way or another, and that mistake ultimately got compounded on by either more mistakes or RNG leading to me losing.

brick257

Dec 30, 2019
Since it's a demo, I don't want to post a review to say this, but after beating a few mini bosses (and getting irritated enough to quit several times) I have some thoughts:
- The animations that show what's happening to each character when they get attacked are far far too fast, I have no clue what's happening 99% of the time.

- Similarly, I'd love to see the number each enemy is doing on their attack longer than however many frames it is now. Without knowing who is doing what damage to who, it's hard to figure out what enemies are valuable targets.

- The icons next to each bar are too small, similar to above, you figure out what each bar does kinda through trial and error more than the icons and layout.

- 40 health on those blue motherfuckers is just too much, my guys. Unless you have a really great RNG ability on your Ninja, every run is an absolute slog. Yeah, i've read all the posts defending the game, but the first enemies you face in the game shouldn't be 99% of the headache you have while playing.

- When accessing the menu, you gotta let the game pause. There's been a few instances while adjusting settings that I skip dialogue or click options I hadn't anticipated. That should probably be an easy and important fix.

- Red, Blue, and Green are the zones. From a gameplay standpoint, a RED ZONE CREATURE should be able to sex/rape either your BLUE or GREEN zone characters, but be able to REDUCE the sex resistance of your Red Zone character - that way, the Red Zone character is the most at risk from RED ZONE CREATURES, but can also more easily handle them. A BLUE ZONE CREATURE => rapes RED or GREEN character. A GREEN ZONE CREATURE => rapes RED or BLUE zone characters. As it plays now, if your Red zone character gets grabbed by a red zone creature that's not already nearly dead, you may as well give up (even though there's no "submit" or "give up" button to speed up the certain death). Yes, i'm aware there are items that help. Yes, I'm aware that certain RNG abilities help. Yes, i'm aware you specifically, reader, are so much better than me - keep kicking ass, i'm so proud of you. But I do highly suggest there be SOME limitation on who can grab who

- I've been stuck in several situations where I can't find how to get a character back up from hitting 0 stamina, which snowballs to a complete loss on the run. If there's a way to get them back up, you gotta tell us that. If there's not, you gotta change it. Missing an entire turn because you hit 0 is fair, getting grappled/restrained because you hit 0 is also fair, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get them back into the fight after - and no matter what anyone says HERE, it needs to be made more clear in the game.

- Can we turn down the text BEEP by 30% or so? The rest of the sounds and music are great, but to turn down the beep enough to not give me a headache, all the other sounds are basically gone.

+ Art style is fantastic. I especially love the Heroine's design. As a D&D player, that mask is fucking amazing and I love it.
+ The idea of enemies swarming these ladies to 'get some' is great and I think the tower-defense zone-style gameplay is quite fun.
+ The idea of a character being "down" because they're having sex/being raped is interesting, and the bonus they get afterward is a fun inclusion. I do wish there were a few more limits on how who can sex who and make the gameplay a little more complex, but the rock-paper-scissors of it is wonderful.
+ The jokes are actually funny. A+ job there, I really liked some of the comical stuff especially with the spider lady in the beginning.

I'll keep an eye on this. good luck!

Last edited:

JorgeÚnico

Mar 30, 2018
The demo It's amazing almost enjoyable most ways each attemp it's different when you had more items, etc...

Oct 12, 2018
- I've been stuck in several situations where I can't find how to get a character back up from hitting 0 stamina, which snowballs to a complete loss on the run. If there's a way to get them back up, you gotta tell us that. If there's not, you gotta change it. Missing an entire turn because you hit 0 is fair, getting grappled/restrained because you hit 0 is also fair, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get them back into the fight after - and no matter what anyone says HERE, it needs to be made more clear in the game.
Not sure how well the game explains it as I haven't read the tutorial parts in a bit, but I do know you'll get the general jist on how to get them back whenever you reach, and talk with the Slave camp place.

Its definitely mentioned in this thread obviously, but basically its only possible to get back a 0 Stam character from the Slave Trader, either by buying them back with gold, or beating said character in a mini boss fight.

- The animations that show what's happening to each character when they get attacked are far far too fast, I have no clue what's happening 99% of the time.
There is an option in the pause menu when you're in a run to tweak how long each frame from an attack, or SR attack (grope) lasts. Though, worth mentioning you will have to reset it each new run you do as it doesn't actually save the setting, only uses it for the current run. Should be in the bottom right corner whenever you pause mid run, not in the options menu itself.

Also, just since you already seem a tad defensive for whatever reason, this isn't me trying to do a "haha gotcha git gud kid" but just more of informing you, definitely agree that without reaching the encampment it could probably use some better explanation, granted I also can't recall how much the basic tutorial run/dialogue bits actually teach you either, and whether I personally learned that the Slave Camp bit was where you got back characters either here in the forum, or in the game at this point. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

brick257

Dec 30, 2019
Granted, I approach this game a lot like I approach Darkest Dungeon, and there too its really just about mitigating RNG as much as you can, but RNG will STILL always exist no matter what you do.
I may have a complete misunderstanding of this game, but I ADORE Darkest Dungeon and played it for THOUSANDS of hours. I didn't see any resources you got to keep from a run in this game... your characters don't keep any increases they find, you don't keep the gold, you don't keep unspent consumable resources - you don't KEEP anything at all, so I don't see how it's like Darkest Dungeon and not more like Frogger.

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
I may have a complete misunderstanding of this game, but I ADORE Darkest Dungeon and played it for THOUSANDS of hours. I didn't see any resources you got to keep from a run in this game... your characters don't keep any increases they find, you don't keep the gold, you don't keep unspent consumable resources - you don't KEEP anything at all, so I don't see how it's like Darkest Dungeon and not more like Frogger.
Did you defeat any bosses or mini bosses? It'll unlock hub shops and a permanent type of currency.

Don't you fucking dare compare me to frogger ever again, I could never hope to be on that level.

Cicciosus

Sep 6, 2021
I love this game, especially the art! Maybe it needs some touch to make the breasts size more coherent between images (they look smaller in some), but otherwise the style is perfect for my taste, a small gem here. The gameplay takes some time to get used to, but I find it fun which it's rare for a nsfw game in general. Please continue development, I'd be glad to support it!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trongle
4.40 star(s) 44 Votes