Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.40] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Dude i just got that bug as well. No idea whats causing it, i have no new background apps going on and its unplayable
Reset your pc and see if it goes away. Sorry, we haven’t found what’s causing it yet.

secrom

Nov 2, 2020
So I've been playing the game from like the get-go starting from the first update. But I'm still confused on the slaver, like I'm not sure if that mechanic is broken but I don't think he's ever captured one of my team members. Also idk what the "arena" is, but I'm guessing it's gonna appear after I beat the stage boss this update? Either way pretty fun game. Also understand it might be more difficult in the future, but I hope I can adapt.
all enemies capture your heroine, brad is the one that you buy them back

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
odd. I assumed there wasn't one because the extras button says "to be implemented"
You might want to read the update announcement so you can see what's new. It's public on the patreon or the Discord. I also posted it here a few days ago.

MrFrosty

Oct 6, 2018
I think allot of the complaints stems from the fact the game does a terrible job at teaching things to the player. All I could get from the lackluster tutorial, for example, is 1) Sword Girl pushes 2) Ninja Pulls 3) Archer can one-shot anything with 20 or less HP in her zone (sometimes) and 4)killing enemies with regular attacks heals sexual defense for the girl that killed them.

Then the game just throws everything at you at once. You're supposed to immediately know every single other mechanic at once by just processing things happening in blink-and-you'll-miss-it speeds. While, yes, some things are blatantly obvious, (The dolls will hurt the girls they choose to copy after transformation and their 50 HP makes them a priority target.) allot of the others are going to feel like just RNG from how vague the mechanic is like when it comes to figuring out what causes the archer to hit twice or how the ninja will sometimes hurt enemies adjacent to the one you're pulling.

On top of this, skill descriptions are way too vague to truly know how useful it is. The only thing you can tell from these skills is that they cost like 1/3 of vital meters to do anything. If a girl loses their stamina, they seemingly become completely unusable for the rest of the run. If all girls get caught in a sex state, it's an instant game over. The skills, therefore create a huge risk for things that, at first glance, almost give 0 reward for using unless you know what scenario they're specifically designed for.

The core problem is that lack of clarity in a game demanding complete knowledge of every single mechanic and stat to keep the game from avalanching enemies at you seconds into a run and basically making you wait a minute to lose due to 0 options to go straight to a new run. I think if it was easier to figure out on your own rather than having to find a place that's actually explaining the mechanics to one another instead of screeching "git gud" at anyone daring to criticize the game, I'm sure at least half of the people here wouldn't be complaining about the difficulty as much.

Last edited:

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
I think allot of the complaints stems from the fact the game does a terrible job at teaching things to the player. All I could get from the lackluster tutorial, for example, is 1) Sword Girl pushes 2) Ninja Pulls 3) Archer can one-shot anything with 20 or less HP in her zone (sometimes) and 4)killing enemies with regular attacks heals sexual defense for the girl that killed them.

Then the game just throws everything at you at once. You're supposed to immediately know every single other mechanic at once by just processing things happening in blink-and-you'll-miss-it speeds. While, yes, some things are blatantly obvious, (The dolls will hurt the girls they choose to copy after transformation and their 50 HP makes them a priority target.) allot of the others are going to feel like just RNG from how vague the mechanic is like when it comes to figuring out what causes the archer to hit twice or how the ninja will sometimes hurt enemies adjacent to the one you're pulling.

I think if it was easier to figure out on your own rather than having to find a place that's actually explaining the mechanics to one another instead of screeching "git gud" at anyone daring to criticize the game, I'm sure at least half of the people here wouldn't be complaining about the difficulty as much.
I get where you're coming from, but we do put so many tooltips in the game and most people just don't read them. If you hover your mouse over something, the game tells you what it does. When you catch an enemy and add them to the bestiary, the bestiary will tell you what that enemy does. There's lots of info in here already and yes i do plan to add more when i get feedback about it. While you're right that some stuff isn't explained, there are lots of things that aren't vague at all:
1707718155819.png

balancing exposition, especially in a game like this, is very difficult and i am trying and will continue to make corrections where I see a lack of info. You're absolutely right, some things could be explained better for sure, like we didn't explain crash damage anywhere, thanks for pointing it out. Maybe I'll add some kind of glossary to the book or a helpful tip NPC or something later.

In any case, I'd rather games under-explained themselves than over-explained.
It's so rare that I play a new game and have any sort of "Ah-ha!" moments anymore. Lots of games tutorialize from beginning to end and I'm just not into that. That's not to say I try to leave out information on purpose, but i don't want to throw stuff in your face all the time and i like to trust the player to figure out their way forward, even if it's ludicrously difficult at the beginning.

Reactions: McKraken

MrFrosty

Oct 6, 2018
we do put so many tooltips in the game and most people just don't read them.
I think it's more that people just didn't know they even existed. The icons in the attack buttons is basically this small blip in a giant button that I don't think ever gets mentioned, so even I failed to spot it. I'm sure, also, that people had no idea the icons indicating an enemy's buffs had tips that popped up when putting their cursor over them because they didn't think that would be the case. I get not wanting to hold people's hands, but I think letting people know the ways you expect them to figure things out themselves is important.

I'm sure allot more people would read them if they knew they even existed, is what I'm trying to say.

When you catch an enemy and add them to the bestiary, the bestiary will tell you what that enemy does.
This kind of gets at my point, where is the Bestiary? After the tutorial run, the area basically becomes empty and there's nothing clickable beyond an empty key items tab and the entrance in order to start a new run. If it's a thing you have to progress to a certain point unlock, that means that, in it's current state, it won't be able to help people who are struggling to figure out everything they need to know because the game is really punishing if you lack that knowledge straight away. I doubt allot of people will able to patiently wait and figure everything out that's needed to get to that point.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
This kind of gets at my point, where is the Bestiary? After the tutorial run, the area basically becomes empty and there's nothing clickable beyond an empty key items tab and the entrance in order to start a new run. If it's a thing you have to progress to a certain point unlock, that means that, in it's current state, it won't be able to help people who are struggling to figure out everything they need to know because the game is really punishing if you lack that knowledge straight away. I doubt allot of people will able to patiently wait and figure everything out that's needed to get to that point.
...Yeah, maybe having Fuu's shop only unlock after the player obtains a bright coin wasn't a good idea. I thought at the time that people might not like unlocking a shop that they can't buy anything in yet, but i think you're right.

MrFrosty

Oct 6, 2018
...Yeah, maybe having Fuu's shop only unlock after the player obtains a bright coin wasn't a good idea. I thought at the time that people might not like unlocking a shop that they can't buy anything in yet, but i think you're right.
Yeah that's the problem too. Bright coin a whole other can of worms. I can only guess that you can only get them through the bosses, but the game is so demanding that I have yet to get to one, let alone beat them because of how cryptic the game feels in places.

I also feel that the "snowballing" gets a bit too much too frequently. I don't blame people trying to make a "one shot everything" mod, because of how often you inevitably get too flooded by enemies to stand a chance, even when you thought you were playing well enough.

So paywalling the bestiary like that, again, does nothing to mitigate the fact newer players will be completely lost when it comes to what is going wrong, leading to them thinking the game demands too much luck out of you and dropping the game.

Also encountered another thing you failed to explain clearly, the tickets. I used it in the middle of the fight, thinking it would bring back a downed girl, and all it did was make me lose a turn and game over.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 40 Votes