Unity Some Heroines Climb Up a Tower to Ask God Why the Game Has a Name That's So Long [v2.40] [Sinful Salad Games]

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes

Granberia

Mar 14, 2017
Yeah alright you know what I can 100% say you're in the right on what a Rouge-like is. This game got me turned around on the two types, "like" and "lite" but that's half of what I was getting at in my post. I have played and beaten most big named rouge-like's and lite's on steam, hence why I felt comfortable enough to review.
The genre really should just splinter off further to StSlike and StSlite. Only greybeards have the faintest idea what Rogue is or what it played like at this point.

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
I think I'm just very bad at this game. After several hours, I finally got a win by spamming Ninja's two turn bind. I also had the Archer's 10 damage to first enemy in each row skill and I do way better in runs where I have that.
Some of the skills seem very useless (Archer's ability to do max damage to all zones or apply poison to arrows) just because they cost a turn. So far, the new skills and spells I was able to unlock after a clear don't seem too helpful compared to the starting pool. Basically, if I don't get several multi-damage skills to start, I just get overrun eventually and that's pretty frustrating and doesn't inspire me to get more clears.

Trongle

Artist, writer, game designer.
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
I think I'm just very bad at this game. After several hours, I finally got a win by spamming Ninja's two turn bind. I also had the Archer's 10 damage to first enemy in each row skill and I do way better in runs where I have that.
Some of the skills seem very useless (Archer's ability to do max damage to all zones or apply poison to arrows) just because they cost a turn. So far, the new skills and spells I was able to unlock after a clear don't seem too helpful compared to the starting pool. Basically, if I don't get several multi-damage skills to start, I just get overrun eventually and that's pretty frustrating and doesn't inspire me to get more clears.
I gotchu fam.
If you want to try again I've been writing-
Some quick strategy tips:

1. Keep enemies out of the zone of their color and most will be unable to hurt you.

2. Most skills do full damage, even if you target enemies outside of the heroine's preferred zone.

3. Get F*cked more. A heroine will recieve a temporary x2 damage buff if you destroy the enemy she's having sex with. Keeping enemies alive in their zones with low health is a great way to farm the buff and turn the tides in your favor.

4. Keep an eye on your HP bars to stay on top. If possible try to not have all 3 Heroines have low SR at the same time. Don't be low on Stamina if you've got lots of enemies in their zones.

5. Planning your route. If you've started a round with skills you aren't very good at using. Try your best to make it to a shop or if you don't think you'll make enough money, go to a treasure chest so that you can aquire more skills. If you feel pretty confident with your starting skills, challenge a mini boss to get some stat upgrades. If not, you should probably take a different path. If you think you know who the final boss will be, purchase items you can use to keep yourself on top during the final showdown.

6. Basic attack combo: Your heroines deal their full damage inside their own zone, so if possible try using one heroine's attack in her zone to transfer an enemy into another zone so the next heroine can finish her off. The basic attack combo can deal 25-30 damage to a single unit with no cost to your stamina. (pull enemy from blue into red, push enemy from red back into blue, shoot enemy with archer)

7. Crash damage. Using skills that push or pull your enemies farther will add bonus damage for every space traveled if you can crash them into another enemy. Crashing occurs if the struck enemy would have travelled further if not blocked by another enemy. The longer the distance travelled, the more crash damage is applied to both enemies.

Probably the most important:
8. Maximize your damage output. When using basic attacks, try to do so when it will deal more damage OR when it will finish off an enemy. The less enemies there are, the less damage you'll take during the enemy turn. When using your skills, it's better to use them in situations where you are fully maximizing their potential output since they cost your own resources to use. For example; Finishing off enemies with the poison kunai attack will waste all the damage that the poison effect would have done. So clear the low hp units with your basic attacks first, then throw the kunai at the healthier enemies to maximize your damage output.
Using skills puts you at a higher risk of defeat, so make sure you get the most out of them when using them.

Let me know if these tips help you win some more of your runs.

blackcarrot

May 12, 2018
For fuck sake how can i open the gallery?
I clear almost 10 times, buy everything in shop but still can't open it.
The only reason I'm grinding this game is because of art.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
For fuck sake how can i open the gallery?
I clear almost 10 times, buy everything in shop but still can't open it.
The only reason I'm grinding this game is because of art.
Do you have the spellstone yet? He’s the little dancing green thing in the shop. Pick him up and then leave the shop and have and look around.

Last edited:

brick257

Dec 30, 2019
Some things i've noticed technically, just in case no one else reports it

1. The game begins in fullscreen and when the resolution is changed to anything else, it remains in full screen. You have to kinda click on a different resolution, then confirm, then click back on 1280x720 for it to go windowed.

2. Sometimes to "continue" the game, you have to click 3-4 times. Not every time loading the game, but frequently enough that I noticed it.

3. Sometimes the cursor will glitch when passing the turn. Say you select Ninja and pass the turn, the cursor may remain a sickle or it may revert to a pyramid but keep the red arrow showing "pull." Happens almost every time if you click the girl, click "attack," realize there's no one on the board, and click pass.

3b. Bonus. I'd LOVE to have the "pass" button available without having to click on a girl first.

4. I'm not sure how bosses are weighted, but I got Slimama 22 times in a row. There's still 2 bosses and 1 miniboss i haven't seen after 30 runs.

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
4. I'm not sure how bosses are weighted, but I got Slimama 22 times in a row. There's still 2 bosses and 1 miniboss i haven't seen after 30 runs.
What? WHAT?
Like you actually SAW her 22 times in a row? Not just saw her minions? It should be a 33% chance for any of the bosses.
After you kill a boss, their minions can spawn in other levels. (for example, on my save file I've killed Stitches 7 times and now I have to deal with lots of straw men showing up)
I do think the spawn rates might be a little too high at the moment.

pisoc99

Feb 18, 2022
Fantastic game. Discovered it on itch.io accidentally, and been captivated with it for days. Great concept, great delivery. Obviously rough around the edges and unfinished, but i'm already amazed by what i've seen (and heard, music is great, too). Honestly, feels like a breath of fresh air. Big thanks to the members of Sinful Salad Games for delivering. If i ever get the ability to pay for things online again, i'm paying for this without skipping a beat.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trongle

Trongle

Game Developer
Jun 16, 2018
Fantastic game. Discovered it on itch.io accidentally, and been captivated with it for days. Great concept, great delivery. Obviously rough around the edges and unfinished, but i'm already amazed by what i've seen (and heard, music is great, too). Honestly, feels like a breath of fresh air. Big thanks to the members of Sinful Salad Games for delivering. If i ever get the ability to pay for things online again, i'm paying for this without skipping a beat.
Thanks, feel free to join our discord if you want to remain up to date on our progress! (the link is on the front page)

Reactions: pisoc99

Asassaror85

Sep 4, 2020
Played this game for something around 5h right now and it seems really cool but also very fucking hard. Even with some luck with skills its still hard for me to keep up with swarms and this fucking armor. In those 5h i managed to reach third battle probably only 3/4 times, even thought im trying to fucus on archers and blue mages, it just feels impossible with red enemies. In mid of second battle its just getting so much harder to control everything. Keeping armor up is so much worse than other resources, surviving to shop just to fix armor a bit is not enough.

Reactions: Bulbanych

secrom

Nov 2, 2020
Played this game for something around 5h right now and it seems really cool but also very fucking hard. Even with some luck with skills its still hard for me to keep up with swarms and this fucking armor. In those 5h i managed to reach third battle probably only 3/4 times, even thought im trying to fucus on archers and blue mages, it just feels impossible with red enemies. In mid of second battle its just getting so much harder to control everything. Keeping armor up is so much worse than other resources, surviving to shop just to fix armor a bit is not enough.
then just let your armor get broken, its just a resource, also if you are in need of help there is a discord were people are willing to help and its starting to have a small speedrun community

Reactions: CardinalRed

Dr. Lewdwig

Apr 15, 2021
An initial impression for the developer, if they're reading this:
You've got to admire a developer who puts this much effort into their game. With dedication like this, it could someday rival other successful games in its genre.

I'm particularly fond of the positional combat mechanic. I also believe the combat pacing could be more forgiving, especially at the beginning. This sentiment seems to be echoed in some of the reviews I've seen as well. If I were the dev, I'd consider increasing the frequency of battles instead of overwhelming players with a cluster of enemies right from the start. At least, that's how I felt during my first few hours of play.

All the best.

4.50 star(s) 40 Votes