VN Ren'Py Abandoned Something Special [v0.1.13] [WonderGames]

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes

Flipper Roo

Oct 3, 2019
This isn't "new", am I the only one getting crazy deja Vu looking at the screenshots? What is this, a repost, or is it stolen art, or am I just confused?

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
I'm digging the renders,definitely worth a try. Edit : needs an incest patch cause the story doesn't quite make sense without it.Its worth keeping an eye out for future updates,there's not much right now apart from the introduction of some characters.
"What would you do if you woke up in a bed with your mom?"

Surely many of us have slept in the same bed as our mom (probably earlier in life tho) and also can't remember most of what we did yesterday.

Unless this is a parody of other incest games it seems a shame for it to not make sense without a patch. Mind you I have yet to play the game. The renders do look amazing though.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
So basically this is "Where the Heart is" with worse dialogue and worse renders. And worse writing.

It's basically the exact same characters personality wise, just dumbed down.
Well, it's okay to play and to look at and perhaps it will find a voice of its own in the future.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
botc76,
when I think of "Where the Heart Is" I don't think of great renders. In fact, I went and checked the preview images in that thread and only found 2 (out of 16) that would make me try the game out, and if I did I'd find out that the the girl on those 2 does't have as much content.

In this thread I found 2 as well but it's out of 5.

I like Where the Heart Is but I wouldn't say that art/render are it's forte.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
botc76,
when I think of "Where the Heart Is" I don't think of great renders. In fact, I went and checked the preview images in that thread and only found 2 (out of 16) that would make me try the game out, and if I did I'd find out that the the girl on those 2 does't have as much content.

In this thread I found 2 as well but it's out of 5.

I like Where the Heart Is but I wouldn't say that art/render are it's forte.
Well, you have the right to be completely wrong, obviously. ;)

And even if you think the renders in WTHI aren't the greatest, you really think the ones in this game are better? Or equal?

Reactions: Jimbog

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
Does anybody else get a strong sense of deja vu from the premise? I could swear I've played another game (months ago) where the MC woke up with amnesia and couldn't recognize the women around him, just some vague sense of familiarity, being related, etc. (incest game, obviously).

This is NOT a CRITICISM. Premises get reused all the time; what's important is where you take that basic idea.

JollyGeorgieM

Apr 14, 2019
The girl who is afraid of being touched is a nice touch (yes, yes, groan all you want, I couldn't resist the pun, sue me).

I do agree that the writing seems a bit childish, like the renders got all the care and the story was slapped on at the end. The older sister's personality is weird ("I have a boyfriend! Feel my ass!") and she looks old enough to be the mother's sister. The MC's amnesia fluctuates wildly - he remembers people by name one minute, then can't remember how the younger sister liked him for years in the next. Still, plenty of time to work on all this, it's just the demo after all.

I think it would be really cool if our MC was actually faking his amnesia to create opportunity for himself getting into the family, like a "Oh, I don't remember any of our baggage or our relationship before, let's start fresh. Wanna make out?" type of deal. The player would have to balance the other people's suspicions against using what the MC knows about them to seduce them. A twist like that would really make this game, dare I say, Something Special (alright, enough of the groaning! It's just a fucking pun!).

Reactions: wondergames

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
sort of like that game you wake and hit n your mom..forget the name..but thats where it ends..this game stands on its own fine imho...

Reactions: wondergames

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Well, you have the right to be completely wrong, obviously. ;)

And even if you think the renders in WTHI aren't the greatest, you really think the ones in this game are better? Or equal?
Seems like a wasted right, considering. ;)

:unsure: Going from the preview images alone I'd say I like SS' renders better, although the breasts on the 2nd picture do look weird.

It's been a while since I played WTHI and the art might have improved but I remember Katie's lips somehow looking worse after some updates. But hey, art, some character design and story freedom flaws (imho) aside WTHI is a pretty great game.

Btw, has there been more content with Fiona or Natasha? I actually really liked their visual(?) design.

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes