VN Ren'Py Abandoned Something Special [v0.1.13] [WonderGames]

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Version 0.1.14 has been out since Dec 25th. Any update here anytime soon?
Nope and it's not surprising no one is willing to pay for this Dev and his crappy updates. Even 1$ is too expensive. hahahaha. Move on and play other games. This one should sink in an unreachable abyss and never emerge back. I regret all the time/bandwith wasted on this one.

GREAT VISUALS but Crappy and extremely short updates, content-wise.

Yello20

May 8, 2019
Nope and it's not surprising no one is willing to pay for this Dev and his crappy updates. Even 1$ is too expensive. hahahaha. Move on and play other games. This one should sink in an unreachable abyss and never emerge back. I regret all the time/bandwith wasted on this one.

Have to agree with you, this game had a lot of potential at the start but has fallen off significantly

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017

Yep! I remember skipping a bunch of updates, then coming back to this game and literally no progression had been made beyond the MC being a little douche

I do wonder if the dev would get away with one line of text per update if they could

Reactions: Kakato

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Yep! I remember skipping a bunch of updates, then coming back to this game and literally no progression had been made beyond the MC being a little douche

I do wonder if the dev would get away with one line of text per update if they could
hahaha. Did you notice? Only one person asked for the 0.1.14 update. No one else cares. Not even a request thread has been created. This speaks loud about the player's perception towards this one. I'm glad this thread will die in the forgotten seas and that no one else will promote it in one way or another. Wicked Paradise is the same thing btw. 1 word and 5 images per update. How come those Devs can still make money, even if it's $100? :FacePalm:

Somnay

Jan 29, 2018
I think the MC is been written like an A Grade Douche by the way he treats most people in this game and I can't seem to care for his character much because of this which detracts me from the enjoyment that I could have had for this game as I do like the other characters in the game!

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
lol I've seen games that were barely around the 3rd or 4th update, and they had sequels or prequels already. It never made any sense to me.
These games are mostly done by guys (or girls) with too much time on their hands. They get bored with a project or have another idea midway through and since they don't have bosses or dev teams they just make whatever they want to. Usually it doesn't matter, but then with people like ICSTOR who have been milking fans for months (years) it starts pissing people off.

Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
These games are mostly done by guys (or girls) with too much time on their hands. They get bored with a project or have another idea midway through and since they don't have bosses or dev teams they just make whatever they want to. Usually it doesn't matter, but then with people like ICSTOR who have been milking fans for months (years) it starts pissing people off.
As long as a dev can consistantly pump out updates for each game, it's fine when they work on multiple projects at once. I've done that with other things. It helps with the monotony. But, there are always those you speak of who just procrastinate, run out of inspiration, or whatever, and monthly updates become quarterly updates, then annual updates, then "OMG are we ever gonna see another update?" lol

Reactions: tanstaafl

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I'm speechless... The nerves on this guy... Damn.

" I decided to try something different, so here we go: Something Special Vacation. Same characters, new gameplay. The story goes on, this time on a beach resort. "

How many renders for this " NEW GAME " ? 5, 10, 15 ?

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
Do little content in game, release spinoff. SS Vacation 0.1 is out.
Really? This game has a spin-off?

I wonder what SS Holiday will be about

0.1 initial release log:

- MC gets out of bed
- thanks for playing!

0.2 changelog

- MC gets to his bedroom door
- thanks for playing!

• Haha
Reactions: patrickB

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Really? This game has a spin-off?

I wonder what SS Holiday will be about

0.1 initial release log:

- MC gets out of bed
- thanks for playing!

0.2 changelog

- MC gets to his bedroom door
- thanks for playing!
he alsogoes to get drink and then getting tan and sees pretty girl and then the end.

Reactions: Mauser45

aRseN_

Jan 19, 2022
Hey guys! I'm new to this stuff so I don't really get how to run the game. I downloaded it trough MEGA and I don't know what to do next

2.20 star(s) 43 Votes