Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

MusicVideoGuy

Feb 28, 2018
So I couldn't do it with Hue/Saturation alone either. However with the help of a Levels layer I managed to get this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.JPG 4.JPG Chain convenience.png
Thank you SO much for that .PSD gradient tutorial file, reading about it just never seemed to click for me but having that file to drop into Photoshop and SEE it/mess with it really helped me. I got the best color matching results I've had so far with this Mercy edit using Killer Frost's body and part of her hair. I made a separate gradient for Mercy's hair color and I colored in the highlights with the curvature pen tool. I wanted to try and make a version of Mercy's hair falling back a bit with gravity in that position or maybe partially wet looking. Since Killer Frost's legs were up already and it's a Mercy exhibition scene I thought it would make more sense for them to be suspended with cuffs and chains. Plus sprite bashing her arms so they're also restrained under her.

Made some Blindfolded/without and spotlit/without variants. I'm sharing a gradient map of trying to make a chain that matches the metal ring hardware on Sunsetrider's drawn collars. Hope that helps someone wanting to make a leash scene or other BDSM stuff. I used the same gradient map to make that buckle too on her ankle cuff along with the curvature pen tool but I think it's pretty rough, I had to paint in there. I'm including the gradient I made for the chains as a .psd file and GRD in separate links below, the thumbnail above is just a preview--it's a smart object layer so if you resize the chain layer, the gradient layer in PS should match it. When trying to bend chains I got better results by first making the chains(smart layer) very large and THEN using the warp tool. Otherwise if the chains are normal sized and you warp them, the result is very blurry.
Here's the chain gradient in a .PSD file and GRD:

(Catbox wouldn't take the GRD, was so small it thought there was no file)

Lovekraut the link for your .PSD gradient tutorial file expired so I hope you don't mind if I re-upload it here, seriously thank you again:

Sorry for the wall of text. I wanted to thank you sooner when I started getting better results but I got sidetracked a few days plus I didn't have any edits to show for it either.

Hotfun544

Sep 10, 2021
Just wanted to know. Has there been any thought of editing out lex and creating your own billionaire OC or Villain as the main character doing all this stuff to the heroines or would it be too much work.

The French Tickler

Apr 12, 2020
Just wanted to know. Has there been any thought of editing out lex and creating your own billionaire OC or Villain as the main character doing all this stuff to the heroines or would it be too much work.
It's too much work. You're either just going to have to get over seeing Lex fuck everything with a pulse, or drop the game entirely if it bothers you that much.

Sep 10, 2022
Lex face would have to be replaced in every single scene (and assuming that you would be fine with keeping his body the exact same).

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
Yeah I have.
For my OC Blex Bluthor

TO9x2

Jun 8, 2022
Good news, looks like we are getting more eyes on the edits.

Bad news? It's not featuring proper attribution. Looks like a user named Robinhole12 on Rule34.xxx has been uploading the edits from here (a lot from Lovekraut in particular) and NOT attributing the artists (even though part of uploading includes a source citation) OR even labeling them as edits. This could cause some confusion and make people think Sunset has been making more content than he really has been.

Lovekraut

Apr 15, 2022
View attachment 2703823 View attachment 2703825 View attachment 2703826 View attachment 2703827 View attachment 2703828
Thank you SO much for that .PSD gradient tutorial file, reading about it just never seemed to click for me but having that file to drop into Photoshop and SEE it/mess with it really helped me. I got the best color matching results I've had so far with this Mercy edit using Killer Frost's body and part of her hair. I made a separate gradient for Mercy's hair color and I colored in the highlights with the curvature pen tool. I wanted to try and make a version of Mercy's hair falling back a bit with gravity in that position or maybe partially wet looking. Since Killer Frost's legs were up already and it's a Mercy exhibition scene I thought it would make more sense for them to be suspended with cuffs and chains. Plus sprite bashing her arms so they're also restrained under her.

Made some Blindfolded/without and spotlit/without variants. I'm sharing a gradient map of trying to make a chain that matches the metal ring hardware on Sunsetrider's drawn collars. Hope that helps someone wanting to make a leash scene or other BDSM stuff. I used the same gradient map to make that buckle too on her ankle cuff along with the curvature pen tool but I think it's pretty rough, I had to paint in there. I'm including the gradient I made for the chains as a .psd file and GRD in separate links below, the thumbnail above is just a preview--it's a smart object layer so if you resize the chain layer, the gradient layer in PS should match it. When trying to bend chains I got better results by first making the chains(smart layer) very large and THEN using the warp tool. Otherwise if the chains are normal sized and you warp them, the result is very blurry.
Here's the chain gradient in a .PSD file and GRD:

(Catbox wouldn't take the GRD, was so small it thought there was no file)

Lovekraut the link for your .PSD gradient tutorial file expired so I hope you don't mind if I re-upload it here, seriously thank you again:

Sorry for the wall of text. I wanted to thank you sooner when I started getting better results but I got sidetracked a few days plus I didn't have any edits to show for it either.
I'm honestly glad this helped you because until recently I was struggling with gradients myself. And yeah, reading about it is one thing but in the end it's about learning by doing. What finally did it for me was putting a pure black on the left of the gradient - until then I always got shitty results because the darkest skin tone was still lighting up the lineart.

It's funny you did such awesome edits of Killer Frost since she was the reason I forced myself to finally figure it out. Trying to change her skin with hue/saturation was just a pain.

Also thx for the reupload. I should finally make use of the MEGA-Account I created. :oops:

von-a-good-drink.jpg

Ah... the refined pleasure of new NuYellow.

Bad news? It's not featuring proper attribution. Looks like a user named Robinhole12 on Rule34.xxx has been uploading the edits from here (a lot from Lovekraut in particular) and NOT attributing the artists (even though part of uploading includes a source citation) OR even labeling them as edits. This could cause some confusion and make people think Sunset has been making more content than he really has been.
I guess that was bound to happen sooner or later. If at all I rather care about the "edits" tag. There is a reason I name all my stuff "SR7_fanedit ...". I put a fair amount of effort into these but at the end it's his work and it could be annoying if our edits here create any confusion about the actual content of SU.

Where can I download the Complete Something Unlimited superheroine packs if anyone has the link pass it on
This is the collection thread for SR7 art:
https://f95zone.to/threads/sunsetriders7-collection-2023-06-15-sunsetriders7.23921/

Last edited:

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Donor
Respected User
Feb 1, 2017

As Lovekraut said that was bound to happen, but on bright side, that person must have really liked them, usually people tend to share things they like when money or fame aren't involved, so if is not behind a pay wall and took credit for himself, beside we live in a digital era, a google search will point right back here and those whom really want to document themselves more will find the source, otherwise they will just enjoy those edits they got and go along with their day.

Most of times you have to put some effort to find stuff you want/like, we don't all have a personal assistant like OhWee. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

MusicVideoGuy

Feb 28, 2018
C to M.jpg
Here's a gradient I just made that replaces Crush's skin color with Mercy's. In my eyes it seems to match up with the shadows okay. I'm including a .PSD file and GRD file—the Photoshop file has a couple Crush layers with it on, so you can toggle it on and off to test, and the Mercy sprite I based it off is nearby if someone wants to resample the colors or tweak anything. Obviously the nipples are gonna be a separate issue. But that skin tone is used by lots of the girls not just Mercy, it should be pretty close to say Batgirl, Black Canary or Huntress for example. On Crush's body, I raised/lowered the steps a bit because it has more shadows on it than the arm.

Here's the PS file:

And the GRD:

Sinner87

Jun 22, 2017

Thanks for the heads up. I don't mind people sharing what I post here on other sites. I just went and added tags and the source myself.

Reactions: Krull and Lovekraut
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes