• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Lovekraut

Apr 15, 2022
Please don't make me come rescue you.
SR7_fanedit_Raven_Swimsuit_Baywatch.jpg
On using Gradient map, you need to first understand how Gradient map works on both GIMP and PS. What "Gradient map" does is that the program will detect the Base image's colour composition and apply the Gradient map from lighter parts to deeper colour parts respectively.

So take lovekaurt's WW gradient map for example, the gradient map is made to apply a light tone skin(WW) to a deep colour tone skin character (Vixen). What you want to do, is:
-Finding out on the BASE skin, what is the threshold for program decide to progress into the deeper colour parts. And match the Colour Stops (black arrows) to that threshold accordingly.

See the following two Gradient map for example, (1) is for character specifically with Vixen's deep colour composition, while the (2) one is for character with light colour tone.
View attachment 3215158
*you still need the black colours for Vixen's, but it's an old set of images I had in an old conversation, lots of correction and things I'd learnt since then. You ABSOLUTELY dont need that many Colour stops in a well tested Gradient Map, it's just GIMP's testing process makes it hard to find where exact is the threshold. My PS Gradients looks like this
View attachment 3215215
Result:
View attachment 3215160

The process is a lot of trial and error even on PS, as Lovekaurt mentioned. PS's gradient is more easy to understand and real time applies can save yourself from your own temper a LOT.
I probably watched half an hour worth of GIMP tutorials when I was like "Wait ... Didn't NuYellow PM me this comprehensive explanation some time ago :poop: "

ablackcatman

Nov 10, 2020
Hey guys is there any single place with all the image resources that one can use to do any edits? If not we should create some dump of all the resources and edits.

triple_aaa

May 29, 2020
Humbly requesting some of the talented people here to do an edit for Big Barda specifically her design from

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse to all her armor/clothing variant.
big barda superman_batman apocalypse towel 1.jpg big barda superman_batman apocalypse towel 2.jpg big barda superman_batman apocalypse towel 3.jpg Barda in her armor
Big_Barda_SupermanBatmanApocalypse.jpg
Alt design from the one shot comic Elseworld's Finest: Supergirl & Batgirl.
Big_Barda_Elseworld_Finest_01.jpg

Last but not least, her red bikini she wears when she's not in her armor. Two design that I personally am a fan of, found while googling.
6791652-52ca2a1bb5beff097e16c5cec94c864a--big-barda-comics-girls.jpg 565141-bigbarda4.jpg
Hope you guys consider my request because I don't see a lot of her here. Please. Pretty please

KristopheH

Mar 8, 2018
Humbly requesting some of the talented people here to do an edit for Big Barda specifically her design from

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse to all her armor/clothing variant.
View attachment 3220357 View attachment 3220358 View attachment 3220359 Barda in her armor
View attachment 3220362
Alt design from the one shot comic Elseworld's Finest: Supergirl & Batgirl.
View attachment 3220368

Last but not least, her red bikini she wears when she's not in her armor. Two design that I personally am a fan of, found while googling.
View attachment 3220382 View attachment 3220377
Hope you guys consider my request because I don't see a lot of her here. Please. Pretty please
Lovekraut has done at least one Barda image that they've shared with us.
While I'm at it let's make this the BIG-Ladies-Update since I agree with lazyasura that some Barda art was overdue.

View attachment 2102134

I went for her casual outfit for now. Maybe I'll make an edit with her more iconic armor another time.

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017

I got a weird one, Birthday Girl, basically DC's answer to Kekko Kamen. How she keeps her secret identity I don't know, but we have the means to edit her in the style, right?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes