Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
I know Lovekraut is secretly working on some amazing Lexmain stuff for me and D the Meister (either that or he's a sadist who enjoys toying with our emotions :unsure:) (Also this thread kinda died after the AI Wars of the past few weeks :KEK:)
Yeah, any time there's a lot of AI posts, people complain that they're drowning out the edits.

So they pause the AI stuff.

And then people realise just how few actual sprite edits are happening these days.

GGAdams

Mar 19, 2022
Yeah, any time there's a lot of AI posts, people complain that they're drowning out the edits.

So they pause the AI stuff.

And then people realise just how few actual sprite edits are happening these days.
Well yes because as we said maybe people making edits kinda stopped, because of Ai that there are "those days". And not gonna change a lot while the Ai prompters are around. And you know it's also fine to wait people making new edits, it was never about quantity. If you want Ai images, they are basically everywhere on the internet... I don't see the issue of making another forum to share Ai art, other than not having the audience built here of course.

Anyway, here is a quick request made by Sdrs141 on the theme of the Birds Of Prey, featuring Batgirl, Black Canary and Huntress.

(This time without the spoiler tag from Lovekraut's advice!)
Birds Of Prey (Batgirl, BlackCanary, Huntress).png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sdrs141

Aug 30, 2023
Well yes because as we said maybe people making edits kinda stopped, because of Ai that there are "those days". And not gonna change a lot while the Ai prompters are around. And you know it's also fine to wait people making new edits, it was never about quantity. If you want Ai images, they are basically everywhere on the internet... I don't see the issue of making another forum to share Ai art, other than not having the audience built here of course.

Anyway, here is a quick request made by Sdrs141 on the theme of the Birds Of Prey, featuring Batgirl, Black Canary and Huntress.

(This time without the spoiler tag from Lovekraut's advice!)
View attachment 3649086

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! I LOVE IT!

• Red Heart
Reactions: GGAdams

GGAdams

Mar 19, 2022
There's already a thread for that...

https://f95zone.to/threads/ai-art-show-us-your-ai-skill-no-teens.138575

As for this thread, as I've said before, as long as it's invoking the SR7 art style, it's relevant to this thread. SR7 himself has been 'phoning it in' with recycled sprites already, so I'm not seeing much difference between 'phoning it in' and using AI to do the same thing. If anything, the AI art introduces new poses, costumes and such to keep things fresh.

But a number of people in this thread are finding new and creative ways to use the sprites, which is interesting. And a number of other people are already making their own sprites in the SR7 style, so whether that's done in Photoshop/GIMP/Paint or using Stable Diffusion, etc., it's relevant to this thread IMHO. It's the artistic style and theme that is important.

Which is why it's called the Sprite Re-Mix AND Fanart thread. AI art done in the SR7 style is still fanart, created using different tools.

But if someone wants to start their own 'AI superhero art' thread, that's up to them.
The fact is that people will stop do the edits, because it takes more time, skills, and you can't do as many renders. So there is really no point to make those efforts that are not gonna be appreciated anymore. It's what happening all around the internet.

So yeah you could do Ai art with Sunset style, which is still a bit far from Something Unlimited. But it depends what is the goal here. Is it to just share random arts in "sunset artstyle" (some really aren't), or to use the sprites of the game to wait for the new updates?

This forum built a little community of creators over the years. With Ai, every renders will look around the same. So the fact is that the people who built the community will just stop, and it's weird to wish that.

If people using Ai really care, just do another forum and share as many thousand of Ai renders a day, and let people that enjoyed doing stuffs, sharing it here as it was the case for years.

It's really tiring debating those points. The only reason people use Ai here is that they are lazy and want people to see their outputs, having the rewards without the efforts, and know that others wouldn't cared as much in a forum with only Ai.

I made my points, I wish the best for the community, and I'm gonna stop talking about it from now on.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The fact is that people will stop do the edits, because it takes more time, skills, and you can't do as many renders. So there is really no point to make those efforts that are not gonna be appreciated anymore. It's what happening all around the internet.

So yeah you could do Ai art with Sunset style, which is still a bit far from Something Unlimited. But it depends what is the goal here. Is it to just share random arts in "sunset artstyle" (some really aren't), or to use the sprites of the game to wait for the new updates?

This forum built a little community of creators over the years. With Ai, every renders will look around the same. So the fact is that the people who built the community will just stop, and it's weird to wish that.

If people using Ai really care, just do another forum and share as many thousand of Ai renders a day, and let people that enjoyed doing stuffs, sharing it here as it was the case for years.

It's really tiring debating those points. The only reason people use Ai here is that they are lazy and want people to see their outputs, having the rewards without the efforts, and know that others wouldn't cared as much in a forum with only Ai.

I made my points, I wish the best for the community, and I'm gonna stop talking about it from now on.
The key here is to do your own thing, and follow your own muse. If people like what you have to share, they will usually leave a like and maybe leave a comment. I wouldn't worry too much about what everyone else is doing, the main thing as far as this thread is concerned is invoking the SR7 style.

As for why I keep hammering 'in the SR7 style' thing is because a few of the edits/renders/pics shared in this thread haven't really invoked that style. People are going to do their own thing regardless though, all I can do is strongly suggest. It's up to others to like stuff they think is appropriate, or not if they think it's off the mark.

In my experience, AI art usually still needs to be tweaked a bit in Photoshop, etc. to fix imperfections, although it may be getting better as far as finger counts and such. On a related note, some people would argue that Daz Studio renders aren't really art, it's all about how you compose your renders IMHO. Which is why Dating My Daughter, Dreams of Desire, etc. have such robust fanart threads.

And some would also argue that just 're-mixing' sprites is low effort as well. I tend to tweak things when I do bother with sprites, but it's a lot less effort than creating new sprites from scratch 'by hand'.

In any case, back to my point about 'you do you'...

So yeah, just keep doing what you want to do, and do it well. Just follow your muse! No sense stressing over things you can't control (i.e. what other people choose to do) in any case.

GGAdams

Mar 19, 2022
The key here is to do your own thing, and follow your own muse. If people like what you have to share, they will usually leave a like and maybe leave a comment. I wouldn't worry too much about what everyone else is doing, the main thing as far as this thread is concerned is invoking the SR7 style.

As for why I keep hammering 'in the SR7 style' thing is because a few of the edits/renders/pics shared in this thread haven't really invoked that style. People are going to do their own thing regardless though, all I can do is strongly suggest. It's up to others to like stuff they think is appropriate, or not if they think it's off the mark.

In my experience, AI art usually still needs to be tweaked a bit in Photoshop, etc. to fix imperfections, although it may be getting better as far as finger counts and such. On a related note, some people would argue that Daz Studio renders aren't really art, it's all about how you compose your renders IMHO. Which is why Dating My Daughter, Dreams of Desire, etc. have such robust fanart threads.

And some would also argue that just 're-mixing' sprites is low effort as well. I tend to tweak things when I do bother with sprites, but it's a lot less effort than creating new sprites from scratch 'by hand'.

In any case, back to my point about 'you do you'...

So yeah, just keep doing what you want to do, and do it well. Just follow your muse! No sense stressing over things you can't control (i.e. what other people choose to do) in any case.
The debate on what is art or not has been made for a while. Making 3D art, such as DAZ or Honey Select, are arts. With Ai, you don't make anything other than asking the Ai to do something. So technically Ai art, isn't really art, or more, it's the art of someone else. Like doing a microwave burger, and saying you made it.

The issue in the debate is that people confuse what is "bad art" or lazy art as not artistic and so not art. People are used to not considering it as art.

You can put work on Ai of course, but people can't see it, like fixing the hands or eyes, it's work to not notice the flaws. The issue here is what is the real purpose of that forum. If we encourage the Ai around, it will dominate, it's just how it is. Ai has been around for a few years now, and it's always the same thing.

The solution is simple: if people care about sunset artstyle, and the game, and want see more arts using the original sprites of the game, being creative with them, to wait for the new updates. Just create a new a forum dedicated to Ai and be wild. If you don't, I can say from experiences, that the forum is doomed with almost mainly Ai, and will be less and less like sunset artstyle too.

With Ai, it's not that bad until it is. I'm not really stressing, but I may focus on other things naturally, and I think many others will do, I'm just one of the few speaking about it, maybe because I have some experiences in it and liked the sprite remixes. I don't either want to share Ai art, I know how it works, I just don't see the point.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017
It'd be pretty interesting to see AI art and Assets/ drawn art being mixed.
That seems like it would actually be very useful for making content for the REimagined fan games popping up.
Use AI to create some images, edit and re-mix with game sprites and drawn art to build scenes. Just a tool to experiment with, really.

Reactions: MusicVideoGuy

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It'd be pretty interesting to see AI art and Assets/ drawn art being mixed.
That seems like it would actually be very useful for making content for the REimagined fan games popping up.
Use AI to create some images, edit and re-mix with game sprites and drawn art to build scenes. Just a tool to experiment with, really.
Jimwalrus and I have experimented with this. Works well enough.

I wanted to create Indigo aka Braniac8, so I cobbled up a 'baseline' character in Daz Studio and set up the pose I was looking for, Jimwalrus ran it through the AI thingie then I did some Photoshop work (added the costume and tweaked the hair).

Here is where I posted the result/my interpretation of the character in the SR7 style, check here when the F95Zone image/attachments server comes back online...

https://f95zone.to/threads/something-unlimited-sprite-re-mix-and-fanart-thread.118041/post-12795389

So yeah it's possible to set up a workflow, just depends on how much patience you have.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes