Fan Art Something Unlimited - Sprite Re-Mix and Fanart Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
I don't want to insult your efforts, but AI art really does make me incredibly uneasy.
No insult taken - there's both the 'Uncanny Valley' effect and also the moral implications of AI-generated imagery.

I wouldn't, for instance, train an AI on SR7's work and then use it to churn out rip-offs. Not without his permission anyway.

Reactions: bayoassman

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Same but it gets me incredibly horny (y)
Yeah, I'm only ever going to do small numbers of:
"Hey guys, look what [random game character] would look like in something more closely approximating real life.
Don't look too closely at the hands. And don't ask for difficult poses" ;)

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Dont feel that bad, SR7 said if there was a way to make animations using ai he would do it.
I can see Adobe launching an AI-assisted animation tool in the near future.
It would probably be a case of giving it a starting image and an end image, it will then generate successively more and more keyframes between the two that you either approve or tweak, eventually the whole thing's animated.

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Holy crap can you make any of the sex scenes in AI? We could make a real girls mod for the renpy remake
Simple answer: No.
Complex answer: It could be done, but the time and resources required to train the AI to handle sex scenes without it blending the bodies into one appalling fusion of flesh means it's only feasible with a Patreon-type income similar to Gunsmoke's own ~$18k per month.

The other hard part is consistency - making the faces, costumes and poses stay the same between images requires a very complex workflow.

There are conversations going on in the background with a few of us to try to make an AI-image game, albeit not SU-related. Don't expect anything to come of it though, it's at a very early stage.

Reactions: zenzaxaznez

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Simple answer: No.
Complex answer: It could be done, but the time and resources required to train the AI to handle sex scenes without it blending the bodies into one appalling fusion of flesh means it's only feasible with a Patreon-type income similar to Gunsmoke's own ~$18k per month.

There are conversations going on in the background with a few of us to try to make an AI-image game, but not SU-related. Don't expect anything to come of it though, it's at a very early stage.
Also, you could split the difference and use say Daz Studio...

The last image is also a homage to a WB property... :p

Once 'base models' are agreed upon, technically the sky's the limit. The downside is that renders can take a while, but if your 'goal' was just the number of 'sprite equivalents' in SU, that's completely doable.

The other upside is that, if you have someone skilled in Daz animations (not me really) you could animate pretty much whatever you want.

Again the downsides here would be the time required to do renders, and also not using SR7's art, which let's face it is why this thread even exists.

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Also, you could split the difference and use say Daz Studio...

The last image is also a homage to a WB property... :p

Once 'base models' are agreed upon, technically the sky's the limit. The downside is that renders can take a while, but if your 'goal' was just the number of 'sprite equivalents' in SU, that's completely doable.

The other upside is that, if you have someone skilled in Daz animations (not me really) you could animate pretty much whatever you want.

Again the downsides here would be the time required to do renders, and also not using SR7's art, which let's face it is why this thread even exists.
Indeed.
Also, just to keep on with AI, using DAZ to generate the base image then putting it through Stable Diffusion's img2img function is part of a possible workflow, at least to create 30-40 'reference poses' as a basis for training a model.
DAZ renders as a starting point make much more realistic characters than starting with a cartoon (which should be obvious as half the work of 'real-ising' the character has already been done)

But, again, I'd be unwilling to do it with someone else's art as such a big project. The odd fun demo yes, but it's moving beyond fan art to redo the lot.

I appreciate SU is basically fan art already, but that only complicates things further.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Screenshot from that 'research' link I shared before.

HQ_IvyDress.jpg

Normally we don't get to admire Ivy's curves this much in the HQ show.

There's nekkid scenes later, but of course the private areas are 'tastefully' blocked by vines and such.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It's kinda sad I can't stand the show since Season 2.
After a bajillion ultra serious shows it's fun to just enjoy the ride for a change every so often. Also Lower Decks! Lower Decks! To each their own of course!

Still can't get the image of the dangling semi trailer from the Valentine's Special out of my head though... better than a sock I suppose.

HQ Ivy's ski ramp nose still bothers me a bit, I get that they were trying to 'invoke' Lake Bell, but it could use a bit more of a curve. Minor Nitpick, but it is what it is. I like the '40s bombshell' look that SR7 captured for SU better though!

I did manage to binge watch all 52 episodes of Justice League Action. It was OK but unlike JLU and it's predecessors it was just silly and obviously an attempt to target a younger crowd. JLU is still pure gold though!

Sinner87

Jun 22, 2017
Krull
86driftman
Sinner87

I've gotten back into working on wallpaper ideas, it's been a while since I've been using AI art programs, but I've managed to form some good backdrops.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope these ideas catch your fancy. XD
Here's a few. Wanted to do more to the Hawkgirl but couldn't figure out what.

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
After a bajillion ultra serious shows it's fun to just enjoy the ride for a change every so often. Also Lower Decks! Lower Decks! To each their own of course!

Still can't get the image of the dangling semi trailer from the Valentine's Special out of my head though... better than a sock I suppose.

HQ Ivy's ski ramp nose still bothers me a bit, I get that they were trying to 'invoke' Lake Bell, but it could use a bit more of a curve. Minor Nitpick, but it is what it is. I like the '40s bombshell' look that SR7 captured for SU better though!

I did manage to binge watch all 52 episodes of Justice League Action. It was OK but unlike JLU and it's predecessors it was just silly and obviously an attempt to target a younger crowd. JLU is still pure gold though!
JLU and the DCAU is my gold standard for DC Animation. I wanted to like HQ, but their attempts at Harley becoming a 'good guy' but facing no sense of consequences of her past actions. Plus, she just gets more and more of a less likeable ass. I just can't enjoy her.

• Red Heart
Reactions: evilkitty97
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes