Sh6k6sh6

May 7, 2021
I support a bunch of artists on patreon, would never support this tho. I understand that this board (like any place on the internet) is full of idiots being annoying and posting the most retarded comments ever, but antagonizing your playerbase just because some of them are cunts is definitely not the answer.
See? That's the problem tho. How many people like you supports "a bunch of artists" on Patreon. I know there is some devs who deserves it, but on that "bunch" how many will deliver a finished game?
That's why I only buy games on Steam or Itch. I was already burned a few times with "normal" games on Kickstarter, when that was the trend. I will never take the risk of feeding parasites on Patreon or Subscribestar, even if there is some good devs there who have finished their games, and I'd like to support.
Seriously, we can criticize the japanese devs with their copy/paste level of games, but they usually start to work on a game, finish it, and THEN, they sell it. Unfortunately, some japanese devs recently started to deliver games per updates, like westeners do. They just see how much it's profitable.

Hobo69

Dec 29, 2018
Good Morning Everyone (It's still morning in the CST where we're based and have always been, but release based on UTC so everyone gets the build the same day.)

Another great week of awesome suggestions from a massive driver of traffic for us. So in order to stay more organized and deliver another on time build. I decided to compile only the best suggestions from this thread. And will make corrective actions on our end to make these changes.

1) Deliver game on Feb 31st, because it is a leap year (totally forgot thanks)
2) Make sure to miss an entire delivery this year, in order to be a full two months late (strange suggestion but ok)
3) Remember to pad the change log, because people play the change log not the game (new concept for us, but amazing suggestion)
4) Make sure to listen to the never supporters, because they will never support. Again make sure to listen to the never supporters, who never supported, or will. They always have the best suggestions, and provide supportish.
5) Take 5 mins to do this weekly Wednesday post instead of 7 mins usually. Don't want to waste time now.
7) Ask SR7 to fire me as a co-owner.

Well that wraps up last weeks tremendous suggestions. Remember we always take this thread with the utmost seriousness.

Kinda ironic and hypocritical coming from someone who I doubt has even paid a cent to DC Comics/Warner Bros in licensing for their IP...

onyxmelter

Jan 14, 2020
Okay im legit confused why is the dev posting here? i struggle with sarcasm, but haven't the updates been more frequent in relative time? Like i remember this place back during the wonder woman content time felt much worse surely for the dev, but why now? i remember along ago someone asked if the dev came here and the community said the dev stopped coming as this place became more critical. Has the the dev been a lurker the entire time? If so does that mean he read everyone who made a tier list?

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
Okay im legit confused why is the dev posting here? i struggle with sarcasm, but haven't the updates been more frequent in relative time? Like i remember this place back during the wonder woman content time felt much worse surely for the dev, but why now? i remember along ago someone asked if the dev came here and the community said the dev stopped coming as this place became more critical. Has the the dev been a lurker the entire time? If so does that mean he read everyone who made a tier list?
He's hoping to drive people and content to his discord and therefore patreon. Look at how he advertises his $1 tier. He also posts in the artwork thread because people there are actually talented enough to make entire new scenes using existing art assets. Gunsmoke would kill to include that content but he'd never pay for it, despite earning 19k a month.
Ask yourself if he were willing to pay for outside help, why is SU still stuck on the broke ass version of unity that it's been on since 2016.

And people are turning against him because he's being passive-aggressive about it, to the point he's already earned a thread warning from the mods. He even posted about it. I've never seen behavior from a dev like this before.

Hey actual supporter here, in both on patreon when I can afford it, and in general of the project.
I'm not here to offer you financial advice buddy but giving to a guy who has 19k is like throwing a bucket of water into a lake and then him acting like a bitch when called out for subpar returns in content. Does that not deserve a second thought as to if you should continue to financially support him? That money could be of use elsewhere. Opportunity cost and all that.

Last edited:

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
He's hoping to drive people and content to his discord and therefore patreon. Look at how he advertises his $1 tier. He also posts in the artwork thread because people there are actually talented enough to make entire new scenes using existing art assets. Gunsmoke would kill to include that content but he'd never pay for it, despite earning 19k a month.
Ask yourself if he were willing to pay for outside help, why is SU still stuck on the broke as version of unity that it's been on since 2016.

And people are turning against him because he's being passive-aggressive about it, to the point he's already earned a thread warning from the mods. He even posted about it. I've never seen behavior from a dev like this before.

I'm not here to offer you financial advice buddy but giving to a guy who has 19k is like a bucket of water into a lake and then him acting like a bitch when called out, does that not deserve a second thought as to if you should continue to financially support him? That money could be of use elsewhere.
Thing is, the total helmet posting to this thread is probably Smokeshank, the non-dev, what-does-he-actually-do half of Gunsmoke Games.
SR7 is a pretty decent artist, but no coder. Smokeshank appears to just be the 'comms guy' (!). That's it!
Anyone with an ounce of common sense would either learn how to be an IT project manager and sort this shit out, or learn to code and rebuild it, or something, anything. Instead they just sit on twitch and bitch about pirates and how tough it is to 'code' their game.

If they properly got their shit together I would be happy to support this game financially, but, as Deepsea rightly points out, at the moment my limited disposable income is better used elsewhere.

Last edited:

sensed

Oct 18, 2022
The Sprite rip on the OP was out of date and on a dead filehost.
Although anyone with the game can use Unity Asset Studio to extract it, that may be a bit technical and does require installing UAS.
Here's a link to a Mega instead:
Sprite Rip 2.4.45
Edited to add: OP now updated

Edited again to update to 2.4.2

Edited again to update to 2.4.3

Edited again to update to 2.4.4

Edited again to update to 2.4.45
This newest sprite rip is missing a lot of stuff. I just randomly looked at Galatea and Artemis and there's a bunch of things not there.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jimwalrus

Kaerad

Sep 8, 2023
Ask yourself if he were willing to pay for outside help, why is SU still stuck on the broke ass version of unity that it's been on since 2016.

I'm not here to offer you financial advice buddy but giving to a guy who has 19k is like throwing a bucket of water into a lake and then him acting like a bitch when called out for subpar returns in content. Does that not deserve a second thought as to if you should continue to financially support him? That money could be of use elsewhere. Opportunity cost and all that.
Actually you have a solid point here. If they aren't considering hire external support, then donate more than they already have is pointless. I know how low this section can be, but it's still a neutral ground around this project

Reactions: Deepsea

Spidermen23

Jun 6, 2018

Yes that 5 bucks I occasionally spend so I don't have to deal with the morons on this forum is such a burden. Look the project has it's ups, and it's downs, I know the "risk factor" when I spend my money, and honestly even this update I didn't mind it, what gets me is the Dev coming here to bitch at people when they haven't even bothered to answer their actual supporters. Like before this I was in their corner, now not so much.

onyxmelter

Jan 14, 2020
He also posts in the artwork thread because people there are actually talented enough to make entire new scenes using existing art assets. Gunsmoke would kill to include that content but he'd never pay for it, despite earning 19k a month.
Just to clarify i know nothing of game development or art. If he did pay for the content would the community get angry as doesn't it count as re-used assets? Apologies i haven't viewed the artwork thread i remember people being annoyed when scenes and bodies get re-used here. Do these people you mentioned who use pre-existing art assets creating new scenes, put enough effort and talent in using pre-existing assets that it no longer counts as a reskin? Again apologies i have legit no clue how art of game development works so im idiot on this topic.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Just to clarify i know nothing of game development or art. If he did pay for the content would the community get angry as doesn't it count as re-used assets? Apologies i haven't viewed the artwork thread i remember people being annoyed when scenes and bodies get re-used here. Do these people you mentioned who use pre-existing art assets creating new scenes, put enough effort and talent in using pre-existing assets that it no longer counts as a reskin? Again apologies i have legit no clue how art of game development works so im idiot on this topic.
Having done a few reskins and fiddled with the art myself, no. Definitionally, they are reskins of existing scenes that would be complained about here like everything else if they were actually in the game.

Also SR would have no reason to pay for the art and use it. Most of it isn’t of good enough quality, and what there is that is good enough isn’t layered in a way that could be used in game. So paying for it would be stupid. Also, he has all the original psd files so making them himself would be trivial for the most part.

billybeer

Aug 27, 2019
A lot of salty coonts here supporting a dev who still can't fix their terrible grammar and spelling issues, who can't give characters unique bodies or stop copy-pasting positions, all while not realizing quite a few people here have supported GSG in the past before realizing how much of a scam it has become.

Hater Supreme

Apr 16, 2020
A lot of salty coonts here supporting a dev who still can't fix their terrible grammar and spelling issues, who can't give characters unique bodies or stop copy-pasting positions, all while not realizing quite a few people here have supported GSG in the past before realizing how much of a scam it has become.
A lot? I've only seen one - that's not a lot. Pretty sure his little fanclub would be too assmad to ever visit this forum - there's a reason they're confined to their discord safespace.

4.00 star(s) 157 Votes