JackHammer

May 30, 2017
Please, people, calm the fuck down. If I tell you I'm going to probably meet you at 3:00 but will for sure be there by 3:30, and you get bent when I'm not there right at 3, that shit's on you.
These guys have delivered prime stuff for years, and with very limited delays. Most devs have delays of months. Take a fucking pill, settle the fuck down, and enjoy this week's update.

LockeKosta

Sep 25, 2018
Please, people, calm the fuck down. If I tell you I'm going to probably meet you at 3:00 but will for sure be there by 3:30, and you get bent when I'm not there right at 3, that shit's on you.
These guys have delivered prime stuff for years, and with very limited delays. Most devs have delays of months. Take a fucking pill, settle the fuck down, and enjoy this week's update.
What irks me is that it's like saying you'll be there between 3 - 4 and then calling at 3 and being like "It'll be 3:15 for sure, my b" and someone still freaking out. It only makes you want to be like, "Fuck it, I'll show up at 4 then"

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Oh shut the fuck up,it's only delay in one short time...bitching like women again,i will slap you through the internet:cautious:

Reactions: JackHammer

JackHammer

May 30, 2017
What irks me is that it's like saying you'll be there between 3 - 4 and then calling at 3 and being like "It'll be 3:15 for sure, my b" and someone still freaking out.
Don't let them get to you, brother. Old but true saying:
The people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind.
The bitchers on here aren't paying customers. They're just trolls. They get identity not by doing anything themselves, but by going after people who are doing something. Hang up the Pay No Mind sign on your door and do what you do best.

geos_omega

Sep 18, 2017
I am a paying customer. Just because someone is here doesn't mean that they aren't, lol. It's nice to have somewhere to talk about things like this every once in a while where you don't immediately get drowned out by fanboys.

What irks me is that it's like saying you'll be there between 3 - 4 and then calling at 3 and being like "It'll be 3:15 for sure, my b" and someone still freaking out. It only makes you want to be like, "Fuck it, I'll show up at 4 then"
You know what irks me? Inconsistency.

Posted on the 25th: "“We’re a week out from the Supergirl update”, when stated on a post that went on out Sept 23, would mean release is slated for Sept 30th! You know, at the end of the month, like it has been for nearly FOUR FREAKIN YEARS! (Wonder if we could hire Foamy to rant to these people who can’t do 23 + 7 or simply read bolded roadmap timelines…)"

Posted on the 27th: "That being said, we have decided to release the Supergirl update for free. Patrons and non-patrons alike will have access to the same version of the game when it is updated on September 30th. For the first time in four years, both the patron and public builds will be simultaneously up-to-date on the latest version."

Do those say sep 30th - oct 6th? No they don't. They explicitly say 30th. You're analogy isn't comparable. A comparable analogy would be like saying you were going to show up somewhere between 3-4 a week before hand, then saying every few days that it will be 3, then on the day of you show up at 3:50 and say "but I said 3-4".

If you say 30th and only 30th in the week leading up to it, multiple times, people are going to expect 30th. Not hard to understand why people would be upset when you don't meet that deadline.

Honestly, this whole "window" thing has just been a way to try to avoid criticism. And it doesn't even work.

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
:unsure: Free update postponed. Internet goes down but will be back up tomorrow after the patreon monthly billing clicks through. :unsure:
Hey hey, watch out, you gonna get swarmed by furious Whiteknights

Are you always this sceptical or do the devs warrant such scepticism? I already heard stories^^
I mean it's just a day delay, I don't see a need to fabricate a lie to your community for just 24 Hours.
And maybe SR7 wanted to do some final adjustments to the update where he needed the web for (I don't know, I'm not into
this field at all^^)
Releasing stuff after the patreon checkouts is a pretty common safeguard among patreon "content creators"

Last edited:

LordPalpatine

Aug 4, 2017
Ok,ok yeah people are angry but we all should just out chill since the update drops tomorrow and not on the 6th of October

Last edited:

LockeKosta

Sep 25, 2018
I am a paying customer. Just because someone is here doesn't mean that they aren't, lol. It's nice to have somewhere to talk about things like this every once in a while where you don't immediately get drowned out by fanboys.

Posted on the 25th: "“We’re a week out from the Supergirl update”, when stated on a post that went on out Sept 23, would mean release is slated for Sept 30th! You know, at the end of the month, like it has been for nearly FOUR FREAKIN YEARS! (Wonder if we could hire Foamy to rant to these people who can’t do 23 + 7 or simply read bolded roadmap timelines…)"

Posted on the 27th: "That being said, we have decided to release the Supergirl update for free. Patrons and non-patrons alike will have access to the same version of the game when it is updated on September 30th. For the first time in four years, both the patron and public builds will be simultaneously up-to-date on the latest version."

Do those say sep 30th - oct 6th? No they don't. They explicitly say 30th. You're analogy isn't comparable. A comparable analogy would be like saying you were going to show up somewhere between 3-4 a week before hand, then saying every few days that it will be 3, then on the day of you show up at 3:50 and say "but I said 3-4".

If you say 30th and only 30th in the week leading up to it, multiple times, people are going to expect 30th. Not hard to understand why people would be upset when you don't meet that deadline.

Honestly, this whole "window" thing has just been a way to try to avoid criticism. And it doesn't even work.
There's no inconsistency. You were told six fucking months ago, FROM THE START, what the window was. I shouldn't have to remind you of it every time I want to reference shit! Shit happens. If you don't like it, don't follow game development.

And you're not a customer. You're a patron. Learn the difference and adjust if need be.

• Angry
Reactions: FriendlyBear12

Owlman8497

Jul 27, 2018

I understand your frustrations. I have them myself.
As someone who frequently does IT projects U can tell you you can plan for almost every scenario but you have to understand that you can not account l things that are beyond your control. Things like internet going down fall into that category

It's unfortunate but it just means they will try harder to meet tomorrows deadline

DarkLoki

Oct 25, 2018
Oh man, bitching about your free update not being on time...
All I can say is it's a good thing none of you ever got hooked on Dual Family. You'd be LOOSING YOUR SHIT by now.

Kojj4

Nov 7, 2018
Wow.. So will they add another new character? I keep asking myself, won't this bring more work in the future? So, won't it be harder for history to have an extension? I say this because there are mechanics in the game that are still deactivated or will eventually serve, such as "Threat Defense", robotics, powers, etc. I don't like talking about other people's work, I know how boring it is, but wouldn't it be better to focus on a story and then add new characters later? Yeah, there's still the old characters, there's Tala's cell... and if the new characters can be placed in the cell...

Reactions: FriendlyBear12
4.00 star(s) 157 Votes