jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
seriously dunno why people have a fascination with trying to explain something to me when it's not needed you quite clearly can see it's a reply to someone asking for an artist like wilko (who has a very distinct and gawdy artstyle) which is what garnered the response, but then again I guess some people are just too daft to read something other then the white box. if anything I could probably talk circles around half the people trying to explain things to me because I've actually watched everything in the DCAU and actually enjoy it. as Far as Bubble Munch's comment goes the one everyone seems to effing ignore while trying to explain an Explanation. amtmodollas at Deviant art would be a much better Artist over all for a project like this then Wilko

as amtmodollas (a pixel artist btw) has experience redoing characters in the DCAU style, the Young Justice Style, and Injustice art style. Considering they did all the CW DC heroes in a DCAU style I'd rather go with them then that example of Wilko's work.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dunno if this was partially in response to me, but I wasn't trying to correct you or anything, I was agreeing with you, and attempting to expound on your point for the benefit of people who aren't as familiar with the source material.

rle68

May 28, 2017
The one thing that seems to be the most agreed upon aspect is the art...seems as if if the art matches it doesnt really matter who they add.. i mean lets be honest if the art is good who cares where they come from this isnt cannon...

i mean take the bj scenes in here.. they were basically all copied from SDT super deep throat in case you wonder.... now i dont care but its funny to see people not know that fact

i do like the fact that once a month we get new content i do wish there was more to some girls then others but we all have our own likes.. so nothing news shattering there

i tend to think its a free game and if you like it fine if you dont thats fine too if you want to donate good for you if not good for you too...it just bothers me that people who do donate think they have the market cornered on what is right or wrong in a game.. opinions are like assholes we all have them and they all stink at one point or another

Reactions: Voilsh

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
The one thing that seems to be the most agreed upon aspect is the art...seems as if if the art matches it doesnt really matter who they add.. i mean lets be honest if the art is good who cares where they come from this isnt cannon...
the fun fact about DC especially the DCAU is if you understand what is available there is absolutely no individual Lex could not target in this game if it's properly written for. you have time travel, mind control, robot duplicants, double crossing, secret para military organizations, Alternate realities, etc... while this game isn't cannon it can easily be written in such a way if the material is appropriately applied that it could quite mistakenly be as long as it keeps a strong storyline and works out some of the finer kinks.

steverogers5

Jan 1, 2018
Nice! i lost that option :coldsweat: will check it out.
Also noted you can upgrade the the device a third level, i take it that is not possible in the game's current version..
Hmm..I'm not sure what version you've got, (I have 2.1.3) but I've always been able to upgrade the device to level 3 in my game. In fact I think you have to have it at this level for more out of the girls. In fact if I remember correctly to get everything from Batgirl you have to have upgraded her to level 6 on her individual screen. I know the devices when used for capture can only be upgraded to level 3, but then afterwards you can continue upgrading them for each girl in question to get more out of them in the game. Though be wary not to go one step further beyond six. As you could end up unlocking Batgirl which will send her to the cells for that whole story part, and thus you'll have skipped her Private Room scenes in the Bordello.

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
i mean take the bj scenes in here.. they were basically all copied from SDT super deep throat in case you wonder.... now i dont care but its funny to see people not know that fact
Only part I disagree with, unless there's a version of Super Deep Throat that's not 100% side view.
Tala's bj is front view, Harley's is between front and 3/4. Can't remember others. will check list.

rle68

May 28, 2017
Only part I disagree with, unless there's a version of Super Deep Throat that's not 100% side view.
Tala's bj is front view, Harley's is between front and 3/4. Can't remember others. will check list.
good point but those have been added since the start... mercy bj is almost direct copy..in the underground.. and in the club is one as well.. should have stated that my bad

BubbleMunch

Oct 10, 2017
seriously dunno why people have a fascination with trying to explain something to me when it's not needed you quite clearly can see it's a reply to someone asking for an artist like wilko (who has a very distinct and gawdy artstyle) which is what garnered the response, but then again I guess some people are just too daft to read something other then the white box. if anything I could probably talk circles around half the people trying to explain things to me because I've actually watched everything in the DCAU and actually enjoy it. as Far as Bubble Munch's comment goes the one everyone seems to effing ignore while trying to explain an Explanation. amtmodollas at Deviant art would be a much better Artist over all for a project like this then Wilko

as amtmodollas (a pixel artist btw) has experience redoing characters in the DCAU style, the Young Justice Style, and Injustice art style. Considering they did all the CW DC heroes in a DCAU style I'd rather go with them then that example of Wilko's work.

Those designs are 10/10, the whole Wilko thing seems silly now that I actually seen a picture of what they look like in the style. I guess I was thinking if they collaborated Wilko would not put too much of their style in and it would look as closely as possible to the DCAU art style.

CodeMonkey

May 31, 2017
Those designs are 10/10, the whole Wilko thing seems silly now that I actually seen a picture of what they look like in the style. I guess I was thinking if they collaborated Wilko would put too much of their style in and it would look as closely as possible to the DCAU art style.
It's a minimalistic style used for animation that is suppose to allow for ease of expression, it's a tough style to actually pull off, the young justice art style is a variation of it, more is done in the young justice style as it takes less time to produce then DCAU's because one was done digitally and the other by hand. About 95% of Batman:TAS was animated on black paper so a lot of the shadowing and dark scenes are just absences, also why a good portion of scenes with Harley quinn parts of her costume are a bluish white rather then true white, this wasn't so much a design choice as it's tough to make white appear white on top of black.

when I say black paper I mean they did the animation cell (a clear sheet) on top of black paper, it was a cost saving maneuver as well as a way for them to get those rich dark tones with a limited color pallet.

Reactions: jonrage39

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Indeed. Works in the other way too: they should hire artists able to copy the character design of the game, because the big problem for me in this game is how slow it's developed.
I love the direction it's taking (corruption, lots of teasing, clothes variations, management...), but man at this pace we'll see a completed game in 2020 or something...

SmokeShank

Game Developer
Aug 26, 2016
I'm into it.

Really I'm just into more progress in the cells.

The Private Rooms are fine and all if you're just in it to see some super heroine action, but the cells add that extra dimension of training the girls so they "voluntarily" perform for you.

Here's a question for everyone:

Do you prefer the existing workflow, or would you rather existing scenes be reused and slightly altered across, for example, the bordello and the cells? As in, take the sex scenes that have already been drawn for the bordello, make slight alterations to the facial expressions, etc. so that it fit the dialogue, and then use that same artwork for the cells?

Similarly, using the same "skeleton" and changing the faces/skin tones so that the same artwork can be reused for multiple girls (this is already done in the prison).

Assuming that he'd put out new artwork at the same pace (and presumably, over time, add "new" alternates to scenes that were simply reworked from other scenes) I think this would be a decent way to prevent production of artwork from bottlenecking the development of the game.
The problem isn't with creation of the artwork. As of typing this there is like 30+ costumes set up for the Halloween event already. SR7 can do a picture in about 1.5 hrs and a simple costume in like 30 mins. The problem is the implementation of the content. There is content just sitting there waiting for implementation. Also we run on scheduled releases, so there are deadlines, unlike releasing when the content is implemented. What happens is sometimes large updates are say 90% complete but are not in a state to release and will be put on the back burner. The best example is the prison event, which began creation in May I think, and was released in Oct. So hopefully with the new workflow, and the simplification of the animations that need to be finished (flip book instead of full animation) will allow us to finish sections faster and devote more time to content in other parts of the game. This new work flow will take time to iron out but we are extremely confident in what we can do.

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
The problem isn't with creation of the artwork. As of typing this there is like 30+ costumes set up for the Halloween event already. SR7 can do a picture in about 1.5 hrs and a simple costume in like 30 mins. The problem is the implementation of the content. There is content just sitting there waiting for implementation. Also we run on scheduled releases, so there are deadlines, unlike releasing when the content is implemented. What happens is sometimes large updates are say 90% complete but are not in a state to release and will be put on the back burner. The best example is the prison event, which began creation in May I think, and was released in Oct. So hopefully with the new workflow, and the simplification of the animations that need to be finished (flip book instead of full animation) will allow us to finish sections faster and devote more time to content in other parts of the game. This new work flow will take time to iron out but we are extremely confident in what we can do.
Is it because of the engine? (Unity)

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
Is it because of the engine? (Unity)
No.

Unity by far gives the most freedom especially with UI design. SU is layered in a way that if you tried to do a similar concept on Ren'py, it would slow down everything to all hell.

Plus with Unity there are switches pre built to handle new content. If the content is not available then you add what you have and just turn the switch off. You are allowed to work around unfinished content.

You can't do that with Ren'py.

Sunset just wants to make sure stuff is working correctly as well as meet his quality standard. He doesn't want to waste time which is why he is going to jump into mainly flip book animations. The last full animation he did took him a day. He doesn't want to put that much time into one scene especially if it doesn't work out correctly.

Maybe when all the core stuff is finished and all the girls are 100 percent complete, will he consider replacing the flip books with full animations.

At the moment he just wants to add to the game and finish storylines.

Reactions: Voilsh

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
It sounds to me that if the ultimate goal is to put out as much quality content as possible, the "next hire" (if someone else ever gets hired) should be a dedicated, professional Unity developer. Let SS7 do what he does best, write and draw, but let someone else worry about making the game work.

I understand he's said multiple times that this will forever remain a one man project, but damn it sounds like this is the one area where having another person working on it would dramatically increase the output while allowing him to maintain complete creative control.

Reactions: darlic

Grayking666

Oct 22, 2017
Is the newest contest poll for which 1 costume will be added or is that poll for which costumes will be added first?

4.00 star(s) 154 Votes