zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
come on now let's leave stuff like that out of the chat,also eveyone can be like that not just us crackrs lol.

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
I kinda just wanted to point out they won't let them Batman go down on Catwoman...but will do all kinds of twisted stuff instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ekcho666

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
The stalker's name was Tarantula. I just find it weird that having a yandere in the comics was okay (there were several of them in the comics if you squint), but a moment of intimacy? No...we can't have in an animated show meant for adults.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
The stalker's name was Tarantula. I just find it weird that having a yandere in the comics was okay (there were several of them in the comics if you squint), but a moment of intimacy? No...we can't have in an animated show meant for adults.
i have no problem with there being a yandere character, my problem is how its downplayed. i mean, she even tried to make him sign a marriage contract while drunk... and isnt she supposed to be a hero as well?

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Good ol' USA... More afraid of a penis than a hundred atom bombs!
Now now, we all know that accidental sighting of penis can scar the youth for a lifetime, where as after atom bombs, they don't have to worry about anything. :p

Reactions: Ekcho666

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
They already had that battle a couple of years ago. Since Patreon is seen as a tip jar and the end result is to be released for free, all DC/ Warner Bros. could do is request the name being changed to something other than "Injustice Unlimited". Hence why it's "Something Unlimited". So while parody is transformative (even though DC has tried to get pretty risky) the real thing that won GG the case was the intent of the end result to be released for free.

An unfinished work can be declared a violation of copyright law, but since none of the Patreons are forced into pledging, and this is all at the will of the creator, then the proceeds are seen as donation and not "for-profit". If the game were finished and being sold for money that would be for profit and violation. While many professional coders could make the argument that version 2.xxx is the designation for the second version of a finished product, GG has wisely put a screen at the game's start saying "work in progress".

tl;dr Been there, done that, got away scott free, its a game being played in the gray areas of the law rn.
If this is the case, I wonder if things are any different with Disney.

One of my favorite games here is Orange Trainer with Ahsoka. The ending was a little abrupt for my taste and a lot of people (me included) were hoping that the dev might continue it someday. It's been a while so I'm foggy on the details, but I remember someone here saying the dev can't due to copyright reasons. Is it different with Disney? It shouldn't be right?

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Now now, we all know that accidental sighting of penis can scar the youth for a lifetime, where as after atom bombs, they don't have to worry about anything. :p
That's all a function of blast radius, pretty sure burn scars also last a lifetime (well, unless with skin grafts):p:D:p

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
Disney IS Star Wars...
Yes I know. Similarly DC is Justice League. So my question was that if the dev of SU can legally continue this game (provided the previous poster is correct), then shouldn't the dev of Orange Trainer be able to continue his game? I know Disney and DC are different companies, but the law should apply the same right? Hope it's more clear now.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Yes I know. Similarly DC is Justice League. So my question was that if the dev of SU can legally continue this game (provided the previous poster is correct), then shouldn't the dev of Orange Trainer be able to continue his game? I know Disney and DC are different companies, but the law should apply the same right? Hope it's more clear now.
DC being more lenient with copyrights doesn't mean Disney won't go batshit crazy at the mere mention of some1 drawing anything resembling 1 of their IP. Just check Nintendo's record on takedowns compared to every other game company

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
DC being more lenient with copyrights doesn't mean Disney won't go batshit crazy at the mere mention of some1 drawing anything resembling 1 of their IP. Just check Nintendo's record on takedowns compared to every other game company
If it's a matter of leniency then I get it. I just took the previous post to mean that SU continues not because DC is lenient, but because the dev can legally make this game. Which begged the question about Disney.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
You seem to misunderstand. Disney is infamously litigious... WB less so (or at it was WB at the time, now it's some weird WB Discovery channel mishmash, so they're as likely to be more litigious as they are could give 2 shits).

Reactions: Zane11

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
18K a month. :ROFLMAO:
From your perspective, that's a lot (216K/year before Patreon takes their cut, assuming average never changes). From the perspective of a billion dollar corporation, that's worth a cease-and-desist letter, not a multi-year lawsuit... not that it would ever get that far, 18K a month ain't worth paying lawyer bills. Plus, publicity might compound issues.

Patreon would be the better lawsuit in the USA, but between copyright takedown safe harbor requirements from DMCA and Section 230 stuff protecting web hosts, Patreon is relatively bulletproof. For now... although DMCA takedown stuff prolly won't apply here, it's still marginally transformative, not literally that weird chopped up shit on Youtube designed to avoid algorithms that IS straight copyright infringement.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Easy he's white and a man. there's no affinity group to complain about it and when there is they are declared white supremacists, and/or male chauvinists with fragile egos also known as white fragelity by the sjws
Actually Nightwing is Romani, he's a literal gypsy and has been for decades. Plenty of bigotry and racism is still pointed towards people of that ethnic group regardless of their skin colour. If you're going to post nonsense you could at least do the 15 seconds of research it would take to make sure your nonsense has any basis.

As for the other ongoing discussion, I seem to recall hearing that SR7 had already been poked by WB to stop making SU years ago and the response was to make a minor changes to the logo and name of the project and then claim parody and apparently that was enough. Whether that's true or not I don't know, but parody gets you out of a lot of shit in western media.

4.10 star(s) 158 Votes