PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
I don't get the obsession with the animations,i mean they are mediocre at best
As for the updates they became way bigger than they used to be and i prefer them way more than adding 1 or 2 animations
Keep in mind that he started with monthly updates and now he needs 3-4 months for one update & they are without animations.
Animations make the game lively.

Reactions: after-my-dreams
Apr 8, 2021
Keep in mind that he started with monthly updates and now he needs 3-4 months for one update & they are without animations.
Animations make the game lively.
I don't object that but most games start with with a said schedule but increase it over time due to the size of it...i mean look at four elements trainer,it started with monthly updates too
As for the animations sure they can make a game more lively IF they done right but SU was never made with animated scenes in mind,animations are nice additions but not essential in SU

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
I don't object that but most games start with with a said schedule but increase it over time due to the size of it...i mean look at four elements trainer,it started with monthly updates too
As for the animations sure they can make a game more lively IF they done right but SU was never made with animated scenes in mind,animations are nice additions but not essential in SU
The example should be Summertime Saga.
Back in 2016-weekly updates.
Now 2-3 per year.

Reactions: Victor Van Doom
Dec 22, 2017
And while he draws some poses identical. Good job.
su has 40+ characters,at least 13 heroines have or will have MB and cells scenes,complaining for a handful for identical scenes is kind of unfair and not like he copy-pasted them sure they may have identical outlines but he has re-colour them,and it would really made any difference if a hand was slightly altered?

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
The example should be Summertime Saga.
Back in 2016-weekly updates.
Now 2-3 per year.
Agreed but the weekly SS updates were to small (5 min new content).
Best release so far was roxy's update it had many good animated scenes nice build up & was done in 2-3 months.
But sadly DC became lazy.
NLT is the best h game dev right now: reliable & fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: armion82

lollapoza

Jun 30, 2019
su has 40+ characters,at least 13 heroines have or will have MB and cells scenes,complaining for a handful for identical scenes is kind of unfair and not like he copy-pasted them sure they may have identical outlines but he has re-colour them,and it would really made any difference if a hand was slightly altered?
This is not the first time he has copied poses. It's one thing when the poses are more similar to each other. But when they are drawn identically (except for the hair and face), it is somehow unprofessional. You can find tons of references on Google, you just have to want to.

Orzammar

Nov 21, 2017
Are the potential villains you can hire during the Yacht event only hirable if you pursue them on the Yacht event? I went through the Yacht event recently, but somehow ended up pursing Circe and Talia. Afterwards, Rose, Jinx, etc haven't been showing up to the League hideout, and it's fully upgraded.

Do I have to redo the event and pursue Rose, Jix, etc? Or is the RNG Really not in my favor right now?

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
Are the potential villains you can hire during the Yacht event only hirable if you pursue them on the Yacht event? I went through the Yacht event recently, but somehow ended up pursing Circe and Talia. Afterwards, Rose, Jinx, etc haven't been showing up to the League hideout, and it's fully upgraded.

Do I have to redo the event and pursue Rose, Jix, etc? Or is the RNG Really not in my favor right now?
Yes, you have to see all of their events on the yacht. I've tried already and its not possible to unlock them all in one go.

Reactions: zenzaxaznez

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Those would be valid examples, and so would Summertime Saga, if Something Unlimited actually took a lot of work to make. It's a handful of still images that most artists could bang out in a day or two each. Even if we ignore the fact that SR7 recycles body types and poses as often as he can, most of what we see per update could be drawn in around two to three weeks. Whereas Four Elements Trainer, SST, and other games have animation and animation takes a fuck ton more time than static images. Even simple 2D animation takes five or ten times as much work as a static image. The fact of the matter is that Something Unlimited puts out far lower quality content, even if the art itself is stellar, than virtually every long running 2D game on this site. Two months should be ample time to complete the content of a single update of Something Unlimited.

Reactions: Hentagram
4.00 star(s) 163 Votes