destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Me: "Wonder when Catwoman is going to get any content at all."
SU: "We did the entirety of Crush's content!"
Me: "Wtf is Crush?"
dude is just buying time for himself lol, people will keep paying 'till the classics are done, so the more he can delay the better

not that I think anything will really happen when the cells are done. he'll still get paid the same.

Reactions: zephyria10

Classic Krieger

Aug 1, 2017
But he IS a scammer. There's no other way to put it. We've long gone past the "constructive criticism" point. This guy doesn't cares about his chump patreons. In the short time between the date he should have given his update and today, I have downloaded, modded, created my own mods, scenes, broken, rebuilt my Honey select game which is a SUPER HEAVY game, and SR7 can't even deliver 12 CG's in 3 months. Repeatedly. Without using copy paste.
There's like a thousand better studios and creators that deserve more support and praise than SR7. Not only that, the only seen him deliver good content on that one update when he lost HEAVY patreon support. So best case scenario, losing patrons actually works to motivate him. I doubt it's the best case scenario

Classic Krieger

Aug 1, 2017
Hopping into the water (after weeks if not MONTHS of absence) to point out:
Each character's new content could probably fill out 3-4 pages of a Deviant Art file and a long paragraph of text in the description. With increasingly long production schedules it's no longer impressive, or even adequate.
And most of it is so unexciting that people like me still haven't bothered to go through Huntress and Black Canary's cell content, because we know it's repetitive as f so there's no point.

I know this isn't a AAA title, but a lot of fans are here to say 'it's done' as we leave the door. We come back to wonder that the game still runs after it's stopped being fun. We are the people who disparage WoW (whatever the new title of the biennial release is) and wish for WoW Classic - and got it. And we're disparaging SU hoping maybe it'll light a fire under the team (or one person who for some reason has a 'team') ass.

And we get to, because this isn't HIS forum, it's ours. So yeah, we're the guys at the bar over a couple of beers staring at the television saying the home team sucks. Try to tone police us and we'll boo you, jeer you, laugh at you or talk you down.
The game was universally good, years ago, now it's a universal disappointment. I know, I used to look forward to it monthly.
No I won't tell you how much I've paid for it - except to point out that it's higher than 0, and to say that once my nametag was no longer in the color of a 'donor' reactions to every last comment I made in the Discord became 'who the fuck gave this freeloader the right to an opinion?'.

This could have been a good game, it became a good vn, and it stopped continuing to be a good vn at least a year ago.
At this point we're coming back to it the same way we return to a kickstarter that took our love (and money) and still hasn't delivered 3 years later - or delivered a solid base game and has had nothing but shit rushed buggy expansions, whatever, metaphors suck.
It being free doesnt mean it is untouchable. I can get mad that some film, or videogame, or fucking everything is getting delayed if it is obvious it could be avoided, or if it is due to excuses nobody believes.

Like yeah, you are kind of hard-riding SU dick right here, and people like you are the cause the game gets delayed every time, because you are sucking him so hard for a bunch of pixels you cant seem to see that he is doing ¿180k per year? which is actually double what fucking Hollow Knight cost to produce.

And all of you saying "you are pirating it, you cant get mad" no, we are not pirating it because the game is free. You know, because all the copyright issues that make it impossible to "sell" the game because is DC property, not his. I would gladly pay 15-20 euros for this (not more because it doesnt deserve so) but if i have to pay him in order to have the chance to say "what a shitload of bullshit this is" then something is wrong.
I feel the same thing. I don't criticize this scam game because I care at all whenever SR7 wipes his ass with his patreon money or rather blows his nose with it. But because he betrayed our trust like 2 years ago. And all I've seen since is that he keeps betraying newer chumps' trust, only 10 timesfold, without lube. And people are defending this pathetic excuse for a game developer over literally hundreds of other titles, modders, game makers, studios, animators, etc.

Oct 31, 2019
Lot of you should thinks about their behaviors, you acting like spoiled children , always whinning and complaining for this or that WHEN YOU HAVE THE POSSIBILITY TO PLAY TO THIS GREAT GAME FOR FREE, and you seems shocked that the devs are discouraged to work on the game. it's time to grow up guys, really.
Agreed but it's a joke at this point

Jarendells

Apr 22, 2018
Reasonable person: This artist's source of income is so secure they can meet their needs whether they work or not? Based, I wish we lived in a world where everyone could have that.

Complete asshole: This artist's source of income is so secure they can meet their needs whether they work or not? HOW DARE. THEY SHOULD HAVE SHOCK COLLARS THAT FORCE THEM TO WORK AT ALL HOURS.
Yeah that metaphor is pretty trash, here's a better one: Imagine paying a Carpenter to build a house, Since a House is an expensive investment, you decided to pay him every month for his work to fund development until completion. After years of Development that house still hasn't finished, despite you pouring more money each month and him telling you'll he will start a construction company and hire on help. Despite the Fact that you're supposed to receive progress reports on his work every two months (which you extended because 1 month was too difficult for him) he regularly runs late to the point where the updates are hitting around every three to 4 months instead. And, when that progress update does release, you find out that he spent three months and only completed furnishing the guest bedroom (and those furniture pieces look awfully familiar), despite the fact that the Roof has holes in it and there isn't any plumbing. Then you start to wonder whether he's intentionally stalling you out so you pay for development, or he's just so lazy he couldn't be bothered to actually work. Maybe Both. Of Course people are upset, there paying for development of a product and seeing very little progress.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i still say to call people children for there opinion is kinda wrong. plues if the people who are angry are the ones that lost money to have the game made then that's there right.

Arthur Curry

Jan 2, 2021
so Im new here and have a few questions -

1)whats going on with the whole scammer thing

2) is the rebuilt version a less grindy version or is it just to make shit easier for them to add content and what not?

3)can they please stop fucking using registry files as saves - its one thing to download a save file online but its too risky to download a registry file - yea ik just play the game blah blah - but still its kinda annoying

Sandaroi

Oct 2, 2017
1) People are getting upset about Sunset having troubles to deliever on his own deadlines. Thats why theyre calling him a scammer as they see the Patreon donations as a direct payment to do said work which they say takes longer and longer.

2) The reason why they take so long is that the code for the game is a ridiculous mess that gets worse the more they add to it. Cue the Rebuilt version which should have been an easier foundation to add further content on and promised a streamlined and more userfriendly experience.
They hired another person to do it in tandem with the releases and planned to merge once its ready. However the guy coding it did not deliever and work on the rebuilt version stopped iirc. Now Sunset has a still buggy as fuck game that is basically the code version of a jenga tower and bugfixing takes forever because of this.

3) Maybe that would have happened with rebuilt. As of now that save system sgotta stay

lollapoza

Jun 30, 2019
so Im new here and have a few questions -

1)whats going on with the whole scammer thing

2) is the rebuilt version a less grindy version or is it just to make shit easier for them to add content and what not?

3)can they please stop fucking using registry files as saves - its one thing to download a save file online but its too risky to download a registry file - yea ik just play the game blah blah - but still its kinda annoying
1. Meh, people are just trying to do something while waiting for the update.

2. Forget it. Consider that rebuilt version does not exist.

3. Nope. Play the game. Press X to bring up the cheat menu.

Kojj4

Nov 7, 2018
They said they would be fixing bugs and improving the game a little bit, if the content of this final update doesn't match what they said, then you can call them scammers. It's better to wait before having to go headbanging and typing. But on the other hand, it's weird that they don't make any kind of announcement on their patreon or just show a little teaser for folks to find out what's coming for this next update. Fuck, they could be a little more reasonable, that would make people cold-headed.

Nonsense200

Oct 5, 2020
The biggest problem I think sunset has is he's kind of approaching this like you would write a book or maybe make a comic (?)...
which is to say he's writing it linearly rather than doing (what I'd think be the more "obvious" choice) and start with something a little more simplistic.

take the first girl(s), and progress them through, features and all to an ending.

oh and don't use the registry for saves, that's a bad idea.

Mizzen

Apr 9, 2018
Is sunset open to offers of work?

I've been doing some work with Unity lately and looking at the way that Something Unlimited is coded (from an external point of view), I swear I could probably throw together a better framework for the game in a month or two max.

Obviously, I couldn't do anything about the art, but at the very least I'm fairly certain I could create a decent modular framework that would let him drop in the completed assets in a way that wouldn't take ages, and that would leave progress up to story writing and art.

I mean, if nothing else, I could set up a quick rig that should be able to convert a quick script into scenes as long as art is provided.

I have admittedly less experience with getting unity working on android, but I do have some (mainly VR) so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Kosh11

May 22, 2018
Is sunset open to offers of work?

I've been doing some work with Unity lately and looking at the way that Something Unlimited is coded (from an external point of view), I swear I could probably throw together a better framework for the game in a month or two max.

Obviously, I couldn't do anything about the art, but at the very least I'm fairly certain I could create a decent modular framework that would let him drop in the completed assets in a way that wouldn't take ages, and that would leave progress up to story writing and art.

I mean, if nothing else, I could set up a quick rig that should be able to convert a quick script into scenes as long as art is provided.

I have admittedly less experience with getting unity working on android, but I do have some (mainly VR) so it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
I dont think you have to worry about the android port since Sunset himself aint lol.

Reactions: uberbomb

Mizzen

Apr 9, 2018
I dont think you have to worry about the android port since Sunset himself aint lol.
In that case, if nothing else, I'm fairly sure (80%?) I can get a modular setup working in under two months. Fully complete with ports of all the scenes so far. I'll probably even be able to set up a more functional save-state system and get fan-translation support in there too for shits and giggles.

The only thing I could see being a challenge is if they animate the scenes in unity as opposed to doing it in... basically anything else and loading a rendered video file to unity. Given that the game is a bit over eight gigs, I get the feeling that they do pre-render the animated scenes. I could be wrong though, there are a lot of assets in the game, and at a relatively high resolution, so I could see myself being wrong about that, but at the same time, eight gigs is a lot of data.

If they did animate it in unity...

Well, I'll just hope that I could re-use their animation scenes, since doing it from scratch would take a ridiculously long time.

Reactions: artorgias

Armo98

Nov 26, 2020
In that case, if nothing else, I'm fairly sure (80%?) I can get a modular setup working in under two months. Fully complete with ports of all the scenes so far. I'll probably even be able to set up a more functional save-state system and get fan-translation support in there too for shits and giggles.

The only thing I could see being a challenge is if they animate the scenes in unity as opposed to doing it in... basically anything else and loading a rendered video file to unity. Given that the game is a bit over eight gigs, I get the feeling that they do pre-render the animated scenes. I could be wrong though, there are a lot of assets in the game, and at a relatively high resolution, so I could see myself being wrong about that, but at the same time, eight gigs is a lot of data.

If they did animate it in unity...

Well, I'll just hope that I could re-use their animation scenes, since doing it from scratch would take a ridiculously long time.

Assets are already online, best case scenario I think you make your own proof of concept prototype and then pitch it to them.

4.00 star(s) 163 Votes