potatoezzz

Jun 1, 2020
Wonder Woman hasn't been fleshed out yet. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. She had a little bit of content for an event update but not much.

The reboot is more of a proof-of-concept. Don't bother holding your breath for it.
saaaaaad :( but thanks tho :)

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
How can they be that bad at hiring or that bad at retaining?
A mixture of it takes time to check up on someone's work and what can you do when someone just stops working or leaves the project (it's happened to me multiple times when working on games). I haven't check everything Locke has done but he seemed to have finished a new save feature and then later got sick of working on it but was still getting paid. Later Locke said he completed rebuilding the game (though the evidence doesn't point to it) and the guys working on SU implied he didn't much after the demo video he presented on Youtube.
Has the topic of the possibility of voice actresses being hired already been covered?
This would SERIOUSLY improve the game. Adding a much needed flavor to each girl.
Cost and authenticity and also the time it takes to implement plus SR7 said he would have to rewrite stuff if voices were included.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I haven't check everything Locke has done but he seemed to have finished a new save feature and then later got sick of working on it but was still getting paid. Later Locke said he completed rebuilding the game (though the evidence doesn't point to it) and the guys working on SU implied he didn't much after the demo video he presented on Youtube.
As far as I followed the rebuild thing, Locke only worked on that (and previously on the dead Scooby-Doo game), the reports were scarce but from what I gather he went as far as making the base of functions and started porting the dialogues around the time he was fired/quit.

With that, they have 2 flunked projects, BoB2 only ever got one release 18 months ago and the supposed new programmer they hired last year has not shown any work in public, so I would be more inclined to believe in poor management than just plain bad luck.

jamesbatg

Feb 1, 2019
As far as I followed the rebuild thing, Locke only worked on that (and previously on the dead Scooby-Doo game), the reports were scarce but from what I gather he went as far as making the base of functions and started porting the dialogues around the time he was fired/quit.

With that, they have 2 flunked projects, BoB2 only ever got one release 18 months ago and the supposed new programmer they hired last year has not shown any work in public, so I would be more inclined to believe in poor management than just plain bad luck.
What dead scooby doo game if I might ask

thenewzorro

Oct 8, 2018
Has the topic of the possibility of voice actresses being hired already been covered?
This would SERIOUSLY improve the game. Adding a much needed flavor to each girl.
The idea of hiring someone else to help improve the game isn't a possibility. All these guys are going to do is sit on top of their Patreon cashflow like Smaug.

Look at the rebuild. The dev for that up and left them, but instead of looking to hire someone else to complete the project, they just shrug and go "I guess we're stuck with this shit build forever, sorry everyone," and continue on. Probably good for them in the long run though. That way they can just keep stalling updates saying "Oh boy, we have to do so much testing for this because it's so complicated," for a game that's a glorified slideshow.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
That would require SR7 to hire another person. He's been doing the programming on his own for years Evan though he's not qualified to. If voice acting gets added it would probably just be him doing a really bad job pitching his voice up.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
no it wouldnt. let alone the amount of effort for so little payoff. it would basically ruin the game. they have a cast of dozens of characters, they would have to either use a single voice for them all, or hire multiple people to do it.

All for something the vast majority of players would just turn off anyway.

as for "adding flavor" that only works if the va is well done, meaning expensive and time consuming to do.

you cant just pick a hooker on the streets and hope it works. voce work is not something that can be done fast.

4.00 star(s) 163 Votes