NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Baiscy my whole point, I'm not say if you don't pay you can't have an opinion I'm saying, at the end of the day it's a fan project and its very exsistanc is due to one maybe 2 dudes work, and to complain about something that's a fan project without even having the legs to stand on that you payed money into it is super entitled. Like its the same as an animator puts out a cartoon out of their own time and energy, and put a donation bar saying this would help me pay my bills so I can do things like this without worrying about finachal dept, then suddenly when the cartoon doesn't come out on the time frame of people who never really had any say or useful contribution to it go around talking about how shitty they are for doing art for free.
You lose the right to pretend this is some "amateur fan project" when you are pulling almost 20 THOUSAND DOLLARS PER MONTH.
At this point, this has a bigger budget than a lot of professional projects.

With the amount of money coming into this, it is impossible to justify the fact that he won't expand his team with veteran programmers/managers.

If this is to be treated just as a hobby then why not limit the patreon to a much smaller amount?
The moment you start taking money from people, now there is an expectation and a promise you have to meet.

You also don't know how many people have here, in fact, paid his patreon.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
What a dogshit update, this is a new low from sunset. I hope they lose a good chunk of patreons because of this, they don't deserve this shit.
I wouldn't have put it so crudely, but I agree. This is a huge letdown and probably the first time a sex scene has not been included (I don't count Audrey because I could've sworn she already had a sex scene in the Cell). So much for finishing every character before the end of the year.

somebody28

Mar 10, 2018
A lot of people in this thread don't seem very bright and clearly have trouble in understanding how developing a game like that works let me sprincle some truth your way. The more costumes a character has the more difficult becomes the update. The more unique are the new interactions or the way might change the game. Every consutme means extra work.
So unlike what tons of people are saying, you're not actually wrong here - the game currently is built in a way that requires each scene/costume combination to have its own fully drawn image. That means that if Lex has 3 costumes and Miss Martian has 5, that means that they'll draw 15 full versions of each sex scene. This means that each new interaction and costume requires increasing amounts of work. Edit: I looked through the game files a while ago and this used to be the case, but apparently it isn't any more?

Criticism isn't totally wrong though: the game didn't have to be written this way. They could have figured out different ways to use and reuse assets to make creating new scenes a streamlined process while also cutting down on disk space requirements. However, the team probably didn't identify this as a problem right away - and now, they'd have to rework a truly massive number of content to get it to work. The worst part is that the longer they continue without doing a rehaul, the more work it's going to take. The general term for this is 'tech debt'.

The patreon model is actually hurting them here - they're constantly in a rush to push out more and more content, so they can't justify taking the time to concentrate on backend without visible results. It's not a trivial problem. I think that the team deserves some pretty hefty criticism for getting into this position, but you have to acknoledge that now that we're here, it's not something that can be fixed overnight.

If I were in charge of the team, I'd dedicate some time to figuring out a more sustainable approach to art and start implementing it immediately. I'd make sure all new art uses the scalable system, and slowly rework the backlog of old content over the next year or so while continuing to put out new stuff at a slightly slower rate. (They could be doing this already, idk)

Last edited:

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
I wouldn't have put it so crudely, but I agree. This is a huge letdown and probably the first time a sex scene has not been included (I don't count Audrey because I could've sworn she already had a sex scene in the Cell). So much for finishing every character before the end of the year.
I don't know if it is just me, but aren't a lot of scenes starting to look like... recycled? I swear some stuff is starting to look like asset flips from other scenes. I am not on my pc right now so I can't take pics to compare.
If nobody else noticed, then it is was probably just in my head and I retract this comment.

The patreon model is actually hurting them here - they're constantly in a rush to push out more and more content, so they can't justify taking the time to concentrate on backend without visible results. It's not a trivial problem. I think that the team deserves some pretty hefty criticism for getting into this position, but you have to acknoledge that now that we're here, it's not something that can be fixed overnight.
I disagree on this point. The patreon model isn't at fault. If this was the problem, they could simply change their patreon to a "pay per update" rather than a "pay per month" format. Assuming they haven't already, of course. I haven't kept up with their patreon for a while.

Reactions: Product Placement

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
I don't know if it is just me, but aren't a lot of scenes starting to look like... recycled? I swear some stuff is starting to look like asset flips from other scenes. I am not on my pc right now so I can't take pics to compare.
If nobody else noticed, then it is was probably just in my head and I retract this comment.
it wouldn't surprise me, but I haven't played in a while as I waiting for this (Disappointing) update.

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
So unlike what tons of people are saying, you're not actually wrong here - the game currently is built in a way that requires each scene/costume combination to have its own fully drawn image. That means that if Lex has 3 costumes and Miss Martian has 5, that means that they'll draw 15 full versions of each sex scene. This means that each new interaction and costume requires increasing amounts of work.

That being said, the game didn't have to be written this way. They could have figured out different ways to use and reuse assets to make creating new scenes a streamlined process while also cutting down on disk space requirements. However, the team probably didn't identify this as a problem right away - and now, they'd have to rework a truly massive number of content to get it to work. The worst part is that the longer they continue without doing a rehaul, the more work it's going to take. The general term for this is 'tech debt'.

If I were in charge of the team, I'd dedicate some time to figuring out a more sustainable approach to art and start implementing it immediately. I'd make sure all new art uses the scalable system, and slowly rework the backlog of old content over the next year or so while continuing to put out new stuff at a slightly slower rate. (They could be doing this already, idk)
its basically a grave that sunset dug himself, so while it is true that the system is designed poorly, its also the system that sunset made himself. He can only blame himself for this clusterfuck he created.

SteamPunk777

Apr 2, 2019
Disappointing update but this topic's been beaten to death already.

In SW's vault of scenes, I have one 'locked' under 'blowjob' and one 'locked' on the top left of the second page (not greyed out but coloured in). Anyone else have these? I didn't think I was missing anything SW wise.

Reactions: Testerguy19
Nov 30, 2018
Thanks for the update.
I am a bit disappointed that we didn't get full WW and SW contents.
Hopefully, the next update would have their basic cell animations finished and start on Zatanna/Cat woman storylines.

Bug report: Audrey's new scenes while she wears the maid costume seem to be bugged; I only see her eyes, mouth, hoohoo, and ass.

pinkie96

May 12, 2017
That means that if Lex has 3 costumes and Miss Martian has 5, that means that they'll draw 15 full versions of each sex scene.
This is just completely false, Lex doesn't wear his costumes in sex scenes and the heroines don't need to be completely redrawn for each of their costumes

The costumes are added over the base layer like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
This is just completely false, Lex doesn't wear his costumes in sex scenes and the heroines don't need to be completely redrawn for each of their costumes
I very much doubt he redraws THE ENTIRE SCENE for each costume when he can just layer the costume on top of the existing art. He certainly has to draw the costume in each different position but to suggest the entire scene gets "COMPLETELY REDRAWN", as he said, would be a ridiculous waste of time.
I won't say with certainty that SR doesn't do that since I am not actually there watching him do it, but I don't think any sane artist would do it that way.

Ekcho666

Apr 28, 2018
Yeaahhh this update is pretty disappointing. Somehow Audrey ended up being the only completed cell while the main focus character gets shafted. I don't care what that moron on Patreon says. One heroine's route completed each update is what Sunset has been doing for quite some time now so making sure that Diana's cell was completely done and integrated should've been a top priority over the other girls.

If you don't care what they say then care about facts and what he did in the past irrelevant to the present

ShadowWarrior

Aug 3, 2017
Yeaahhh this update is pretty disappointing. Somehow Audrey ended up being the only completed cell while the main focus character gets shafted. I don't care what that moron on Patreon says. One heroine's route completed each update is what Sunset has been doing for quite some time now so making sure that Diana's cell was completely done and integrated should've been a top priority over the other girls.

If you don't care what they say then care about facts and what he did in the past irrelevant to the present
I am just glad this version isn't horribly bugged like the last one, I can see scenes without glitches. I am a bit sad at the small amount of new content, but I can at least see the content.

Reactions: Ekcho666

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
This might be a disappointing update on its own but since I haven't played the game this year I feel kinda like I got one decent update. Um... yay? I do this with a lot of games just to keep my blood pressure at 120/60. Even so, I have to say that I've grown pretty bored with the game and I feel that we are pretty close to the end of the trail, partners. At this point I am rooting for old Lex to get thrown back in the pokey, hopefully with Mercy as his prison guard using one of his own devices on him to force him to wear slutty outfits and not be able to masturbate. I wonder what the denizens of this thread will do when the game is completed or abandoned. What is gonna happen when S7 realizes that most of his patreons are zombies that will continue to bill every month long after the game is wrapped up and all he has to do is post his drawings whenever he feels like it? What are we gonna bitch and gripe about then?

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
Ok, December 1st, wow. I woke up this morning with the notification from the discord server, and then I went straight to the Patreon site to read through---what a letdown! Then I went on a swim with a mate, had my lunch and I'm back here wasting my own time on the still buggy F95 site.

Lads, please for Christ sakes, I get that we've been bamboozled and scammed, we've expected such a terrible year with all these meaningless excuses and etc, just ignore any Patreon or Discord defenders, or whoever is a literal dickrider with burner accounts, stop engaging in the thread at least. We're not doing beneficial by voicing actual criticisms or complaints, it's really going nowhere, I get the sentiment the game might be abandoned, but we could not expect nothing more or less by November and now December.

It's just too inevitable to be pushed into 2022, countless drama will still persist. Everyone, go play a different game, for now we will have to swallow the hard fact with this current update, I get art is hot and horny but there's more than this, some people deserve actual praise and support for their work.

I'm just a simpleton looking for good stuff, as in the words said by many characters on Succession, fuck off (also watch the show everyone Season 3 is really really good). I'll check this thread from time to time, but will not engage unless someone's gonna reply to me.

4.00 star(s) 164 Votes