Xizor111

May 17, 2020
I prefer the purple man himself.
Purple Man certainly would be hte character that'd make the most SENSE for such a game. It's pretty much his MO anyway.

I personally would prefer an OC, however. No challenge equals (not always, but at times) no satisfaction. SU's Lex Luthor already is, basically, an invincible, omniscient power trip. I think it would be more fun to start as a random mook, maybe also easy on the eye, for me that's just nicer to watch than, say, Lex, hired by some lower scale villain(ess) for a heist (and potential fall guy) when... something happens, that starts the players rise, working the way up from low tier characters (and maybe one big starter to hook the player).If the villain who hired the player is a villainess, maybe you can also turn the table on her, make her YOUR First henchwomen and "Miss Tutorial".

I doubt that there will be another game of hte scale of SU however. At least for a very long time.

Last edited:

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
SU's Lex Luthor already is, basically, an invincible, omniscient power trip. I think it would be more fun to start as a random mook, hired by some lower scale villain(ess) for a heist (and potential fall guy) when... something happens, that starts the players rise, working the way up from low tier characters (and maybe one big starter to hook the player).If the villain who hired the player is a villainess, maybe you can also turn the table on her, make her YOUR First henchwomen and "Miss Tutorial".
i don't see any difference, luthor started out small also.
at least playing as luthor makes the game feel like it's part of DCAU cannon. He's built into the universe.

what's the charm of playing a random schmuck?
just so you could type a name of your choosing at the beginning of the game?

Xizor111

May 17, 2020
i don't see any difference, luthor started out small also.
at least playing as luthor makes the game feel like it's part of DCAU cannon. He's built into the universe.
He starts off with few assets. He is still the smartest man on the planet and wipes out a solution for basically every problem in a matter of moments. And he is a respected, and feared, member of the world's Supervillain community. Even with his legal issues, he has access to Lex Corp and its technology. He is temporarily inconvenienced.

Yes. He is built into the universe. However, this also means that in some situations, people might complain about "That isn't how the character should act!" (like, say, Catwoman running a brothel with mind controlled girls. Especially if one goes with her dominatrix backstory) A character being built into the universe is not inherently good, nor inherently bad. It just means that the character is not an OC. That, however, also means that the character should act like that character. And in case of, to continue with Killgrave, that would mean "total asshole". Which can be fun... But others might not enjoy being railroaded into "ahahaha kicking the dog is so much fun!" Asshole.

what's the charm of playing a random schmuck?
just so you could type a name of your choosing at the beginning of the game?
No. The charm of playing a "random schmuck" is to actually rise through the setting, while giving more freedom to how the character acts, while having more freedom with how the character acts than with an established one.

Heck, the vast majority of, say, Naruto games have you play OCs (usually with some sort of mind control powers or something like that, admittedly) instead of the title character because it allows them to approach stuff differently.

And as I said: Working for the achievement tends to have a better pay off. I genuinly think that starting out low on the pecking order and having the character have to work for the rise would be a more interesting story than "Hey, I am Dr. Doom who's currently slightly down on his luck, but after an hour, I am set and have the top heroines captured!" or "Hello. I am the Purple Man. AFter 50 minutes, half the important heroines are my pheromone addicted, brain washed cum dumps!"

Xizor111

May 17, 2020
So you want him dumber and completely broke so we can grind more?

I don't like tedious grinding for assets and influence.
No. I said nothing of that kind. You are confusing GAMEPLAY with STORY. You can have a story with, say Thanos having the Infinity Gauntlet and the gameplay would still force you to grind. YOu could have a story of a noname on the streets and no grind at all.

These two things do not have to corelate. There would be ways about how to handle that "rise" story without too much excessive grind. In fact, starting lower would probably allow the character to need less money at the start, as opposed to Lex, who already is a, currently strapped, big player. The needs might then scale with the position of t he player, so once you become a major player, then you need to haul more stuff.

yeah, but that don't give him free pussy, he still has to grind for it.

tala and roulette won't fuck him until he invests in their operations.
again, I assume you want more grinding.

His Lex tech is old or not working, that's why player needs to grind for money to pay villains to get pieces to fix or enhance his tech. how is that diffderent from starting from scratch?

never seen people complain about that. The complaints about this game are of a different kind.
It is different, because Lex himself doesn't actually have any direct issues. HIs issue always only boils down to "money". Otherwise he can fix all the stuff himself. With a lower level character, you can actually have the MC struggle with finding solutions, even having to get some of the stuff himself. Instead of "send villain on heist, hope it works out and hope you get the thing you need!" It could actually be part of the story how you have to do some things yourself before you get to hire (good) goons.

Tala and Roulette are also the exceptions, not the rule. And in another game, especially with an OC MC, there might be a little bit more focus on interaction with the girls, instead of just moving through the scenes. Which, again, isn't necessarily grind, but can be actual development. Just because the character gets the ability to put heroes into his grasp doesn't mean that they immediately spread their legs.

That might be grind, but it doesn't have to be the bad kind of grind. It might allow some MINOR elements from stuff like Rogue Like.

There is also another case of Gameplay and Story segregation at work: Lex has to make money with his ilicit businesses even after regaining control of Lex Corp.

And again, it could (and probably would) be different versions of grind.

i know these devs, they said they don't want multiple option dialogues. Too much work.(and I agree with them.)

I've nothing against your idea, but let's be reasonable, marvel universe is filled with chicks, you will never get around to fucking them if you want choices in how you play your character.
Freedom of how the character acts does not necessitate choices in the dialogues. It means that they aren't restricted by "How would Lex act?" or "How would Doom/Killgrave/Kingpin act". Having the potential of minor branching in how the character interacts with others and how the relationship with the heroines turns out

this game has lex offering heroines for low-level villains to fuck.(for money, cause he ain't a cuck)

i'm positive same can be done with a marvel game where random thug can be offered access to she-hulk's or black widow's pussy.
Which, again, has little to do with the basic story of the game, and iirc the brothel, while the finishing of characters is wanted, is one that is not rarely asked about "do we have to do that?"

Reactions: Alletree

SnurdBurglar

Aug 6, 2017
Guys, I'm having trouble with the .exe itself. I'm with a completely new PC and when I download the damn thing, unzip it and click on the .exe file, it doesn't start at all. Anyone know what the problem might be? I tried running it in compatibility mode, added it to the firewall, tried running it as an administrator and no results.

Jimwalrus

Sep 15, 2021
Guys, I'm having trouble with the .exe itself. I'm with a completely new PC and when I download the damn thing, unzip it and click on the .exe file, it doesn't start at all. Anyone know what the problem might be? I tried running it in compatibility mode, added it to the firewall, tried running it as an administrator and no results.
Where are you unzipping it to?
Try somewhere other than Desktop as that can cause issues with OneDrive syncing.
Also (and sorry if this sounds stupid), don't just click on the icon within WinRAR / WinZip / whatever, click on the unzipped file itself, wherever it may be.

Sergiv2001

Jul 1, 2020
One fool question. How many times did you click on the .exe file? Sometimes you need to click two times not one.

Artix0

Modder
Jun 26, 2017
One fool question. How many times did you click on the .exe file? Sometimes you need to click two times not one.
If they've tried running it as an admin, I think that impies they've probably right clicked > run as admin which gets past the old 'forgot to double-click' user error. But good thinking nonetheless ;)

4.00 star(s) 163 Votes