• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
The resources from the translation project still there, a large part of it already translated right? It's the new stuff that need it.
There are machine translations out there, but not really good translation, the one I'm working on is machine translated then massaged to actually make sense. Also don't like the text show interface that currently exist so the translation massaging is taking place along with Modding the section that show the conversation text and also path buttons.

If you are looking for a current machine translation go a couple of posts back and you can find a few that have been done by others.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
There are machine translations out there, but not really good translation, the one I'm working on is machine translated then massaged to actually make sense. Also don't like the text show interface that currently exist so the translation massaging is taking place along with Modding the section that show the conversation text and also path buttons.

If you are looking for a current machine translation go a couple of posts back and you can find a few that have been done by others.
I'm just saying its silly to start over from scratch when the source material for the translation project by Xorgroth is still there to be used.

https://f95zone.to/threads/son-of-a-bitch-translation-project-0-29-v0-8-2.9328/

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
I'm just saying its silly to start over from scratch when the source material for the translation project by Xorgroth is still there to be used.

Agree with you if want to mess with some code that has broken variables, also version 30 is a lot different than previous version so the translated version I had was 29 and did try using the project you mention but it was to much of a mess for me to waste time on as exporting the game to Text2Gam is just something that I don't need when working on this version.

Can just work in QGen with QSP, HTML, CSS and Javascript, also notice that doing the translation pieces at a time is more accurate than using the TEXT2GAM method, massaging them has been lots easier than the English done on a whole file.

Let just say my experience with the method mention above made me quit the first time on messing with this game for 4 months, now have been working for a while and intend on doing it in QSP as learned that just to mess with this.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjn67

NightTrain

May 27, 2017

You'd think, but it isn't straightforward working with the files from the translation project either. v30 represents an enormous change from v29, with 12000 new lines of QSP code, and 20000 modified lines (out of about 190000 lines). Now, most of the modifications appear to be fairly modest, adding a blank line or space here and there, or changing the punctuation in a block of text, but unless you have a very good text comparison and merging program, you're pretty much stuck going through each change manually. And, the English version of v29 also has a number of bug fixes and mods which should be kept if possible, ideally without going through everything manually.

Anyway, I've spent the last month trying to use the text from the translation project to come up with an English v30, and with each passing day all I can say is I'm becoming more convinced that the approach taken by DarkCLone is faster (and better if he grabs the bug fixes from the translation project).

Reactions: worldknower

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Yeah, my method is pretty much a pain in the ass. I'll admit that, one of the things I came to dread, I actually compare the Russian versions of the game. It's just more consistent between versions to compare those then the English versions. Too much ends up changing with those, so Russian changes go into the English translated parts. Then I translate those parts, build and release. Usually would take about a week to do it that way but also less game breakage. Which was the important part.

I've tried a couple of compare programs, main two that I like is the Notepad++ compare plugin for large files and for smaller ones is Meld, Meld is in python so it comes to crawl with large text files. WinMerge is another pretty decent one too, seems to handle large files pretty well.

I guess I can attach the Russian Txt2gam ones for anyone who wants to try that way. I don't have access to a Russian IP to make QSPTools work properly anymore. So can't quickly translate the Russian stuff I merge over anymore.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Maybe there is someone from Russia here in the forum, who can provide you with a working yandex-key?
Probably, they could. I haven't wanted to keep working on the project so far, I keep thinking that I might then look at it and go do other things, lol. It's a struggle, who knows maybe one day I'll get the motivation again.

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
Probably, they could. I haven't wanted to keep working on the project so far, I keep thinking that I might then look at it and go do other things, lol. It's a struggle, who knows maybe one day I'll get the motivation again.
Well, you can see me as the little one, sitting on your shoulder and yelling in your ear: "DO IT!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: Black Xoul

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
Damn,it's been a long time.
What's the new content about?And Is there an update only version?
Know that you can find the latest the full download for 30 back a few pages back, unsure if there would be a version to just update as 30 is really been re-coded and as there are a lot of changes even to just conversation pieces.

At least as I see the code when comparing it to version 29.

NightOwl71

Oct 31, 2018
The staff have no interest to change the game from Abandoned back to normal.

Monday, February 14, 2022

There you can download all my games for free. I will be very glad of your support in the form of a donation via paypal and good wishes:)

I am also trying now to open a page for games on subscribestar.adult so that I can support both games in English. They are taking a very long time to check, although it's only been a couple of days.

Stay tuned, I'll post more as there will be other news. And of course when I finish the 30 english update for SOB
Seems like Paypal donations are no longer possible. I guess it's an effect of the sanctions. Any news from subscribestar yet?

Last edited:

Icedreams

May 4, 2017
Is this still abandined as the russia creator has started up again and released the Russia Son of a bitch version 30 on the websit?

Reaver

May 31, 2017
WE KNOW .30 is out. ffs, it was out ages ago ON THIS SITE
What we NEED is the ENG translation or ENG version.
Then some one should have put in a request to have it updated so it says 0.30 and not 0.29 and no longer Abandoned...

Also there is a Eng hot fix in the files for 0.30 in the link i provided.

Reactions: Black Xoul

scummbagg

Oct 21, 2016
Then some one should have put in a request to have it updated so it says 0.30 and not 0.29 and no longer Abandoned...

Also there is a Eng hot fix in the files for 0.30 in the link i provided.
It wont be updated to .30 UNTIL the Dev releases the ENG version, how hard is it for people to understand this ???
hotfix ? evey one I have tried does not work, every single one has issues, when the dev releases v 30 ENG, then his tags get changed, simple.

4.10 star(s) 26 Votes