VN Ren'Py Sophie [Ch. 1 v2.0 Fix] [SerahArt3D]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Guys, second EP is almost ready. But I would like to ask for something, I remade Sophie using DAZ, because I made the classic in Blender.
Do you want me to keep the classic, or from EP 3 change to the new one?
View attachment 3969854 View attachment 3969855
Well, I think I agree with wildride69. The appeal for the game might be broader if the art were reworked. In general, she's rather low-resolution in many renders, so regardless of Blender or Daz, I think that should be addressed.
While Sophie's large eyes in the Blender version are cute and interesting, right now her eyes take up about 70% of the apparent width of her face. I think they'll contribute to her looking too doll-like for most players. The large eyes might be not be as conspicuous if her head or hair were a little larger to compensate. Her hair hangs a little flat given the oversized eyes and her thicc curves, making her look like she's got a small head with big eyes in many renders. As well, the texture of her skin and hair makes her look a little... plastic. All that combined makes her seem uncanny.
And this may be a personal thing for just me, but her deep widow's peak in the Blender version, which disappears in some scenes, is excessive in my opinion. For me, it looks more reasonable and attractive in the Daz version, but I don't pretend to know how others feel about that. On the other hand, the normal eyes and reduced widow's peak in the Daz version lose a little bit of her uniqueness. Having a unique (and appealing) art style will surely attract eyes to your game. I'm not a talented artist, so I don't have good advice to give, but is it possible to find a middle road between her unique features in the Blender version and her more mainstream look in the Daz version?

Fapbert

Jun 7, 2020
Jesus, please don't overthink this shit and then fuck it all up. People have donated because they like the game and they like the "classic" sophie. Save the new shit you've learned for the next game. Just finish this game. You're already on the road to abandonment. But good luck, can still save it.

JIE^_^

Jun 4, 2020
“I thought I was the only one who felt that the model’s eyes were a bit too big. When I looked at it, it felt a bit creepy, possibly due to the uncanny valley effect.”

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
Guys, second EP is almost ready. But I would like to ask for something, I remade Sophie using DAZ, because I made the classic in Blender.
Do you want me to keep the classic, or from EP 3 change to the new one?
I like Blender Sophie better, personally. Daz is done to death at this point. I have a feeling that changing over to Daz might cost you more support than it gains you. The market is heavily saturated with Daz, Honey Select, and Koikatsu games, but good Blender games are fairly rare, and stand out in the crowd. Some people may prefer the more realistic look of Daz, but there are a lot of people that love the more exaggerated/cartoony features of Blender. It's the same reason anime-style and hand-drawn games tend to be very successful.

NTR in a Fem Protagonist game... her husband will fuck another girl?
I commented on this when the game first released. It's improperly tagged. This is a cheating/corruption game, not netorare. Sophie is the MC, and she's not being cheated on, or having her husband stolen from her, and there is no jealousy on the MC's part.

Reactions: Sophiemlewis

Sophiemlewis

Apr 29, 2024
I like Blender Sophie better, personally. Daz is done to death at this point. I have a feeling that changing over to Daz might cost you more support than it gains you. The market is heavily saturated with Daz, Honey Select, and Koikatsu games, but good Blender games are fairly rare, and stand out in the crowd. Some people may prefer the more realistic look of Daz, but there are a lot of people that love the more exaggerated/cartoony features of Blender. It's the same reason anime-style and hand-drawn games tend to be very successful.

I commented on this when the game first released. It's improperly tagged. This is a cheating/corruption game, not netorare. Sophie is the MC, and she's not being cheated on, or having her husband stolen from her, and there is no jealousy on the MC's part.
Thank you, I will change the Tag in the future.
^^

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Jesus, please don't overthink this shit and then fuck it all up. People have donated because they like the game and they like the "classic" sophie. Save the new shit you've learned for the next game. Just finish this game. You're already on the road to abandonment. But good luck, can still save it.
Patreon shows ONLY 34 people who donated for this... Were you one of the 34?

It would attract more attention and more donations with better renders, the low res awkward looking renders are not helping the dev at all.

Reactions: Sophiemlewis

Sophiemlewis

Apr 29, 2024
Patreon shows ONLY 34 people who donated for this... Were you one of the 34?

It would attract more attention and more donations with better renders, the low res awkward looking renders are not helping the dev at all.
I'll make it very clear! Patreom is not because of the VN, the people who are supporting me and the character renders and animations I make.

Reactions: Geigi and MIRONENKO

maxcheats

Jun 8, 2022
The files have the old version because I didn't change the version. but it is updated.
The game I just downloaded is the same old one I downloaded before, it ends the same way without anything new, I downloaded the gofile version

What kind of joke is that???

Reactions: Jhin00

linkop

Jul 30, 2021
we dont need another AWAM shits... make a good game and i can pay for it. but its not working at all do not follow that idiot way

Sophiemlewis

Apr 29, 2024
The game I just downloaded is the same old one I downloaded before, it ends the same way without anything new, I downloaded the gofile version

What kind of joke is that???
The files are named after the old version, but are updated with the new version.

maxcheats

Jun 8, 2022
The files are named after the old version, but are updated with the new version.
the old one from a short time ago that weighed more than 800mb and now you've changed and added one that weighs just 200mb
I don't know what you're trying to do but it's really weird
old one:
1726718120968.png
new one: 1726718234461.png

Hfap5

Oct 13, 2023
If the protagonist is a woman then she is not ntr but netorase. Cause she's the cheater and they're not cheating on her. 'Cause she's the cheater and her boyfriend isn't him cheating

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes