damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Well, basically speaking it's the same premise than your story (at least as it looks like so far, because there's still place for possible twists): Peoples are put in cryo during their travel to Mars, and something goes from, interfering with one of the simulations. The person in that simulation wanted to be a cop in the 00's, and suddenly after some time like that, he become a cop in the 70's and try to understand what is happening to him.
It's the American version of the show.
In the original English version, there are no explanations.
I prefer that version, because it keeps the mystery. The reason of what happen is left to your imagination.
The American version is well... American :) => Less is left to imagination, the show has to give you an explanation.

For those who don't know this show, it's a about a cop around the year 2000 who, after being in coma following an aggression, wake up in 1973.
Very good show. Emphasis about the societal differences that happen in thirty year (like the place of women in the police force and society in general, homosexuality...).
Packed in only 2 seasons, because the creators of the show felt they had enough material for only 2 seasons, and didn't want to extend beyond and ruin the story. Very wise move, kudo for them. Just for that, this show deserve being viewed :)
DavyCroquette if you ever find the 2 versions, I advise to start with the English one, then the American one.
I prefer the former, but the later isn't bad (it's just less good than the original one :)). And it's very interesting to see how they adapt each episode to American culture.
I ever remember of an episode that is totally different. In the English version, it revolves around soccer fans and hooliganism. But at hooliganism is less common in the USA, they change the story of that episode for racial tensions.

4.00 star(s) 22 Votes