damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Well, basically speaking it's the same premise than your story (at least as it looks like so far, because there's still place for possible twists): Peoples are put in cryo during their travel to Mars, and something goes from, interfering with one of the simulations. The person in that simulation wanted to be a cop in the 00's, and suddenly after some time like that, he become a cop in the 70's and try to understand what is happening to him.
It's the American version of the show.
In the original English version, there are no explanations.
I prefer that version, because it keeps the mystery. The reason of what happen is left to your imagination.
The American version is well... American :) => Less is left to imagination, the show has to give you an explanation.

For those who don't know this show, it's a about a cop around the year 2000 who, after being in coma following an aggression, wake up in 1973.
Very good show. Emphasis about the societal differences that happen in thirty year (like the place of women in the police force and society in general, homosexuality...).
Packed in only 2 seasons, because the creators of the show felt they had enough material for only 2 seasons, and didn't want to extend beyond and ruin the story. Very wise move, kudo for them. Just for that, this show deserve being viewed :)
DavyCroquette if you ever find the 2 versions, I advise to start with the English one, then the American one.
I prefer the former, but the later isn't bad (it's just less good than the original one :)). And it's very interesting to see how they adapt each episode to American culture.
I ever remember of an episode that is totally different. In the English version, it revolves around soccer fans and hooliganism. But at hooliganism is less common in the USA, they change the story of that episode for racial tensions.

torrents

Devoted Bird
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SophieTheGirlFromTheZone-0.3.01
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Sophie: The Girl from the Zone [v0|3.01] [DavyCroquette] - Compressed

Win/Linux [743 MB]
- - - -

Mac [729 MB]
- - - -

---------------------------
Sophie: The Girl from the Zone [v0|3.01] [DavyCroquette] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
If you missed it you can find the old Update only patch HERE.

Universal: v0|3.00 -> v0|3.01 [381 MB]
- - - -

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
It explain why the literal part of the translation is limited to some specific cases that are confusing in the intent more than in the meaning. If I find some time, and achieve to get rid of my near to burnout state before the end of the holidays, I'll jump on it to catch those cases ; no promise.
I look forward to seeing your work on this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavyCroquette

Lun@

Dec 27, 2023
I love how characters just get killed off in this AVN.
Let's save this poor girl from those 2 evil bastards!
*thunk*
As she gets impaled by arrows...:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: DavyCroquette

Nexvinco

Oct 25, 2019
It's the American version of the show.
In the original English version, there are no explanations.
I prefer that version, because it keeps the mystery. The reason of what happen is left to your imagination.
The American version is well... American :) => Less is left to imagination, the show has to give you an explanation.

For those who don't know this show, it's a about a cop around the year 2000 who, after being in coma following an aggression, wake up in 1973.
Very good show. Emphasis about the societal differences that happen in thirty year (like the place of women in the police force and society in general, homosexuality...).
Packed in only 2 seasons, because the creators of the show felt they had enough material for only 2 seasons, and didn't want to extend beyond and ruin the story. Very wise move, kudo for them. Just for that, this show deserve being viewed :)
DavyCroquette if you ever find the 2 versions, I advise to start with the English one, then the American one.
I prefer the former, but the later isn't bad (it's just less good than the original one :)). And it's very interesting to see how they adapt each episode to American culture.
I ever remember of an episode that is totally different. In the English version, it revolves around soccer fans and hooliganism. But at hooliganism is less common in the USA, they change the story of that episode for racial tensions.
Ashes to Ashes is set in the same universe after the events of Life on Mars and sort of explains a few things by its finale. I would definitely recommend it. It keeps you questioning everything right to the end!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I look forward to seeing your work on this game.
I'm sure that you look forward it as impatiently that I waited for those two weeks I'm passing with my son and daughter, moment so rare when everyone have a job and live in a different town. Like I also don't doubt a single second that the mature person you are will wait until I can works on it...

DavyCroquette

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2022
Vechernyaya Thank you for this very constructive review, even though it’s obvious you didn’t play for even 15 minutes. The least you could do before leaving a review is to see the work as a whole. And yes, the beginning is strange (but that’s intentional), and yes, there’s a plastic doll (but that’s also intentional) ... anyway...

Edit :For your information, the story really begins starting from Chapter 2.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

duckydoodoo

Nov 9, 2023
Vechernyaya Thank you for this very constructive review, even though it’s obvious you didn’t play for even 15 minutes. The least you could do before leaving a review is to see the work as a whole. And yes, the beginning is strange (but that’s intentional), and yes, there’s a plastic doll (but that’s also intentional) ... anyway...

Edit :For your information, the story really begins starting from Chapter 2.
theres an old addage about story telling, something to do with captivating your audience interest in the first 10 minutes. seems they werent sold in less than 15, but you blame them for not checking chapter 2 cause thats actually where the story begins? that makes chapter 1 prologue? wait no, cause if 1 was prologue it would be called prologue not chapter 1.

lol okay enough of the sarcasm, in reality im just having fun at you cause youre bitchy remark to a review pretty much said that all their complaints were true. seems like your mad cause they don't get your "art" but decided to have an opinion anyway.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I love how characters just get killed off in this AVN.
Let's save this poor girl from those 2 evil bastards!
*thunk*
As she gets impaled by arrows...:LOL:
Yes, poor Juliette.

3.90 star(s) 24 Votes