Unreal Engine Sorceress Tale [v02.28.2024] [Mithos56]

3.00 star(s) 23 Votes

Gan_fald

Jun 16, 2017
Run to the tent and interact with the bed to enter the gallery.

There is a few new animations compared to 2021 or 2022 (the old ones were not improved), but he definitely never tested the gallery because more than half the scenes face away from the light and are self-shadowing.

I did give the gameplay a shot ... well, no, it's still janky as heck and unenjoyable.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Thats because they are devs, not writers.
They build assets and mechanics, not enticing adventures.

I'm a writer, but not a dev. Anyone wanna team up?
Actually the reason they are terrible at it is because they are artists trying to create a game, and aren't good game designers so their stuff is terrible to play. You have to have something enjoyable to play, before you start worrying about the writing. No one plays ET for the Atari, not because of its writing, but because its gameplay is horrible.

vmac

Oct 24, 2017
so, how do we seduce now?
only option seems to be sleep

(got it... hold Q to chagre, Tap Q to fire.)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Frankenjok

splurkk

Feb 13, 2022
Use teleport, how did you get so many hearts? You only get those via seducing or at least used to.
Teleporting doesn't go far enough. Am I missing something?
Edit: I found a way. Go to the previous room, and teleport to the top of a pillar which places me above the map
1697655743214.png
To get the additional hearts: Seduce, and then have the good "Feed" the MC. Maxes at 3 additional hearts

Reactions: Redboi8

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
How do I make it across the gap?
View attachment 3016144
I think you use water to reveal the path? I think there was a solution like that somewhere, but I got stuck last time I went through that temple. :unsure:

there is new update in patreon can anyone tell whats in it
A new build will probably come out this weekend if I had to guess, but the current build posted is the latest currently. As for content, you can get an idea on their twitter half the time.

Jun 21, 2017
This "dev" man. Creates a super cute fucking hot chick character and ever since then trying to reinvent the fucking wheel and not getting anywhere with his "game"
Thats the biggest crime in this whole kerfuffle, I loved the character since her debut years ago and we still have nearly the same content, except the fish boys got the boot and the goblins called their more inbreed cousins

Reactions: lilou.jerrilynn

sgt_bilko

Aug 16, 2018
The gameplay is still super frustrating. It's largely stealth, except when its not.
  • There's appears to be a new 'jail' area you start in with some humanoid cultists. They'll always catch you initially but you can break out by throwing a box at the jailer as he walks by. You get the keys from him.. magically somehow? :rolleyes:
  • The rolling spiked floor room puzzle doesn't seem to work correctly all the time, so you'll get poked randomly when the hitboxes on the floor tiles go wonky.
  • The stepping-stone spiked floor puzzle works fine but there's zero indication to the player what the pattern is, just yolo and error, hope you have enough health losers.
  • The spiders in the.. 'spider room'? attack you so fast there's nearly nothing you can do, you have to pre-emptively gather fire magic in the previous rooms to store to kill them, otherwise there appears to be no way to kill them in that room, and no crouching attack with the knife for some dipshit reason.
    • Oh and by the way the knife stops working as soon as you start use magic. No obvious way to switch weapons.
  • Throwing bricks at enemies while hidden will alert them to your location even when hidden behind pillars/objects. This only sorta makes sense.
  • The chasm room still makes no sense to me, even with teleport and butterfly float abilities.
  • Leaving the pyramid puzzle area brings you out to that completely vacant city level which.. is a LOT of nothing and not a good fit for the established stealth mechanics.
  • Talking to the newly redesigned succubus can get you locked in conversation.

So yea.. all things considered its still a disjointed mess. He probably needs an actual partner that knows engineering that can help wrangle his ideas into real usable mechanics so he can focus on art and have actual goals/deadlines.

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
I'm new to this game, so I apologize for what I'm assuming will be stupid questions. How do I heal and (nevermind, figured it out. Needs work though) will there be a Save function added to this game?

Love the concept and demo, looking forward to rebindable keys (lefty here), difficulty setting, higher resolutions and better controls.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 23 Votes