• Astra Yanwang

Votes: 69 69.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
FYI, LustFight, there seems to be a lack of consistency in the MC's response to things. Other characters have been in Purgatory for some time, but the MC has only just arrived and so presumably wouldn't know very much. Here are some examples, taken from the Si Route (followed from the text walkthrough for v0.95):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
BTW, what is the saves folder for Sorrow? I don't see a folder by that name in \AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ so I'm not sure.
Oh yes, I have a problem with that. These are errors in the logic of the code. I haven't finished it yet. I want to change this in the next few versions
Saves - game/game/saves

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Female Protagonist it just a second character that you control in one specific root. The whole game is centerd around Male Protagonist. Just sadden me. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
And ther I hoped to play female portagoni from the begining of the game. It realy sadden.:cry::cry::cry:

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
Female Protagonist it just a second character that you control in one specific root. The whole game is centerd around Male Protagonist. Just sadden me. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
And ther I hoped to play female portagoni from the begining of the game. It realy sadden.:cry::cry::cry:
I want to introduce a full-fledged female protagonist near the end of episode 1, I just don't have time to do it yet

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Sorrow [v0.96.1] [LustFight] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 3,29 GB / 398 MB - Sorrow-0.96.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 3,25 GB / 363 MB - Sorrow-0.96.1-mac-crunched.zip
= ~12,1% of the original size, image/video quality 80% (png 90%)/60%

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: Cruncher (bas@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
Sorrow [v0.96.1] [LustFight] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 3,29 GB / 398 MB - Sorrow-0.96.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 3,25 GB / 363 MB - Sorrow-0.96.1-mac-crunched.zip
= ~12,1% of the original size, image/video quality 80% (png 90%)/60%

Download (PC*/Mac): Workupload - Pixeldrain - Gofile

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: Cruncher (bas@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -
Thx you <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: "CJ"

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
I want to introduce a full-fledged female protagonist near the end of episode 1, I just don't have time to do it yet
You said that ther never gonna be gender selection for the protagonist (female or male) Why do I need push my hope up when in the end it's just only one Male protagonist the playbale one and no gender selection, your words. why do I need belive it?

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
You said that ther never gonna be gender selection for the protagonist (female or male) Why do I need push my hope up when in the end it's just only one Male protagonist the playbale one and no chender section your words. why do I need belive it?
Well, it's been a long time since I said that and I got a really cool idea for a female protagonist. I want my game to improve and get better and better, so that I like it more and more and the rest of the people like it more and more.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You said that ther never gonna be gender selection for the protagonist (female or male) Why do I need push my hope up when in the end it's just only one Male protagonist the playbale one and no gender selection, your words. why do I need belive it?
Well, it's been a long time since I said that and I got a really cool idea for a female protagonist. I want my game to improve and get better and better, so that I like it more and more and the rest of the people like it more and more.
Right now, this is basically handled by choosing the route to follow, as you said before. True, you start with the male MC but you don't go very long before you are Fana. And given that then the male MC sacrifices himself and therefore apparently dies you might end up with only Fana to play going forward.

Reactions: LustFight

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
Right now, this is basically handled by choosing the route to follow. If you use the walkthrough text file provided in the main folder where you have the game (so where you double-click the file to run the game), you can see the choices that you need in order to take you down the route of the female protagonist, Fana.
No thanks to much Male Portagonist in it. I feel like been forced to play male portagonist for whole game so I tried just to see if the any female portagonis but it complicated and I don't want be forced to play male protagonist. It sadden me. I'mnot a fun on minor side female secondy mini protagonist

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes. Route Si is my weakness, I made it a long time ago, half a year ago. At the time, I didn't think about the things that are happening now in the game. To be more correct, at that time I didn't have as much experience as I have now. I also feel like those paths are uneven at the moment, but that's okay. It's just that some of the paths reveal themselves earlier than the other. Once the finals of all the paths come out, the whole puzzle will come together and the characters' backgrounds will be obvious. (I hope to do that.)

• Red Heart

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yes. Route Si is my weakness, I made it a long time ago, half a year ago. At the time, I didn't think about the things that are happening now in the game. To be more correct, at that time I didn't have as much experience as I have now. I also feel like those paths are uneven at the moment, but that's okay. It's just that some of the paths reveal themselves earlier than the other. Once the finals of all the paths come out, the whole puzzle will come together and the characters' backgrounds will be obvious. (I hope to do that.)
I hope you do as well. I think for any creative work (game, film, music, painting, etc.) it's important for the creator to form a connection to the audience. The sooner you do that the better. People tend to keep following the things that most move them emotionally. Yes, the MC's friend gets executed right away, but because we know nothing about how important they were (or weren't) to each other and that everyone remembers nothing at the beginning of their time in Purgatory, it was harder to care about that death or about the MC.

I'm definitely not trying to dictate anything to you, but I do suggest having a single update to the game where you add more of that background content earlier so as soon as possible the players can get more invested, regardless of the path. Just my recommendation, for whatever it's worth.

• Red Heart
Reactions: LustFight

LustFight

Sorrow / Joy
Game Developer
Mar 2, 2020
I hope you do as well. I think for any creative work (game, film, music, painting, etc.) it's important for the creator to form a connection to the audience. The sooner you do that the better. People tend to keep following the things that most move them emotionally. Yes, the MC's friend gets executed right away, but because we know nothing about how important they were (or weren't) to each other and that everyone remembers nothing at the beginning of their time in Purgatory, it was harder to care about that death or about the MC.

I'm definitely not trying to dictate anything to you, but I do suggest having a single update to the game where you add more of that background content earlier so as soon as possible the players can get more invested, regardless of the path. Just my recommendation, for whatever it's worth.
That's very cool advice! You gave me a great idea about Alex. Thanks <3

• Red Heart
2.90 star(s) 14 Votes