• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.30 star(s) 39 Votes

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Then the Mc will in the morning get some ideas and the quest continues (have a look into the walkthrough, i described the sequence there)
I don't know why a game this short should need a walkthrough unless you've made things more complicated than they need to be.

Also, it's unnatural to try to buy something you don't have enough money for, so hiding the element to move forward (an announcement that the space station needs some debris cleared up) behind attempting to buy the map without enough money to do so is highly frustrating.

It would make more sense for the MC to talk to the shady trader, find out the cost, not have the money so the announcement comes on. The player shouldn't have to click buy to get to that.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I don't know why a game this short should need a walkthrough unless you've made things more complicated than they need to be.

Also, it's unnatural to try to buy something you don't have enough money for, so hiding the element to move forward (an announcement that the space station needs some debris cleared up) behind attempting to buy the map without enough money to do so is highly frustrating.

It would make more sense for the MC to talk to the shady trader, find out the cost, not have the money so the announcement comes on. The player shouldn't have to click buy to get to that.
That's probably right. I think I will adjust that in the next update.

The walkthrough I started because things will get more difficult as the story progresses.

Goal however is to have enough pointers with ingame dialogue, gallery hints and quest log.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
hey man really liked princess tower and just finished playing through the current build of space journey, and so far so good :) keep up the good work... id complain about lack of scenes but seeing as this is the first public build then i guess its perfectly understandable lol

great job
The mechanics and doing all the items and environments in blender took me longer than expected, that's why the anims and scenes are a bit sparse. This will build up as the game progresses.
I'll need about two more releases to have the missing mechanics added (wreck exploration a la paradroid and some simple turn based space combat ) and will balance that work with content and scenes.

A slave trainer module (find stasis pods, capture and train occupants and sell them) I took out, as this will never pass patron guidelines... need to find a good replacement for that...

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Looks like this version "0.2.1a" is finished... Waiting for the next update... Otherwise good start... Thanks
Between that and a filled gallery (all displayed image frames can be unlocked in each release) that is the indicator for finished content. Got some heat for making that not clear in my last game, so I wanted to be explicit on this one regarding EOC

Last edited:

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I´m very happy to see that you have startet another game. I love to play Princes Tower. Bcc I like your unique (as far as I know) art (i hope noone will copy you to stay unique), humor and your writing. YOU are atm my favorite DEV. The games are easy to figuer out how to play without WT. Have not looked into your WT and still reached the end. well took me certainly more in game days but ok.
This game is proimising as hell and can´t wait for the next updates:love:(y)(y) (and the next 100 games)
Glad you like the game!
I have improved the quest log and also added hints to the gallery, so the walkthrough should be not necessary most of the times.
Have a bunch of ideas for the game and will definitely try to keep it interesting.

Finntroll

Dec 18, 2019
I'm stuck.

How can i let time pass?
With the bed and the button on the top left I can only jump to the next day.
Otherwise I have 3 actions to let time pass. Holo Net, Sector Net, and the T'Ris daily quest. So I get to a maximum of 11:00.

How can I improve the engines?
I used the two tunnel devices.
When search to the right of the terminal I only find Energy Pods. But they don't appear in the inventory, nor can I use them in the console.
The dealer at the station only has the sector card and then nothing more for me...

Reactions: Foobert

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
A slave trainer module (find stasis pods, capture and train occupants and sell them) I took out, as this will never pass patron guidelines... need to find a good replacement for that...
Would a DLC/add on module be possible? That sounds like a large amount of what I was looking forward to being scrapped :(

Reactions: Apocalypse 420x

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
I'm stuck.

How can i let time pass?
Otherwise I have 3 actions to let time pass. Holo Net, Sector Net, and the T'Ris daily quest. So I get to a maximum of 11:00.

When search to the right of the terminal I only find Energy Pods. But they don't appear in the inventory, nor can I use them in the console.
The dealer at the station only has the sector card and then nothing more for me...
You need to get a job.
Volunteer to become a Miner. Receive and Install mining laser
Then mine, trade, and buy upgrades when available,
You start with "SJ-X(a)" and could end up with "SJ-X(b)"

Last edited:
Reactions: yv0751

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I'm stuck.

How can i let time pass?

Time passed to 18:00 when you do mining. Sector Net can be used multiple times (pays only once)
The engines can be configured in the engine room, click on console screen.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Would a DLC/add on module be possible? That sounds like a large amount of what I was looking forward to being scrapped :(

If it were an extension, I would need to find a game play consistent hook to access it. Probably once you can access the pirate/slaver hideout near Tenaris there could be an opportunity.

Morally it is objectionable, though. Selling, valuing by race, age, looks, pedigree, social status, capability and less than voluntary training would need be a core part of it (like free cities game). Need to mull that over. Impacts the tone of the game too much imho.

May just settle for encounters with slavers and some exploitative gratuitous cutscenes (freeing of prisoners etc)... in the main game

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

linkmeister

Dec 27, 2017
You need to get a job.
Volunteer to become a Miner. Receive and Install mining laser
Then mine, trade, and buy upgrades when available,
You start with "SJ-X(a)" and could end up with "SJ-X(b)"
I just can't find how to do that. Am i missing something?
  • Completed T'ris achievement
  • Gave her the map
  • Have been doing everyday maintenances
  • Found 3 or 4 energy pods
  • Did a lot of SectorNet for money (to get the map)
  • Have the engine at 16.7% with the tunneling modules
So, i can't travel anywhere or find anything else. Can anyone give me some pointers, please? And yes, i have the WT and it's not helping.

Reactions: phrenchy

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
I just can't find how to do that. Am i missing something?
  • Completed T'ris achievement
  • Gave her the map
  • Have been doing everyday maintenances
  • Found 3 or 4 energy pods
  • Did a lot of SectorNet for money (to get the map)
  • Have the engine at 16.7% with the tunneling modules
So, i can't travel anywhere or find anything else. Can anyone give me some pointers, please? And yes, i have the WT and it's not helping.
Did you attempt to buy the map before you'd made enough money to actually be able to pay for it?

linkmeister

Dec 27, 2017
Did you attempt to buy the map before you'd made enough money to actually be able to pay for it?
I won't say i'm 100% sure i did (really can't remember). but i remeber seeing the map price and spent a lot of days getting 200cr on SectorNet to buy it.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I won't say i'm 100% sure i did (really can't remember). but i remeber seeing the map price and spent a lot of days getting 200cr on SectorNet to buy it.
Not sure what's wrong here.

The very first time you meet the trader and return to the shop you get the announcement and get the free laser. Then you can make readily 10000 a day mining.
If you post your save game i'll have a look

Also, as a trial start a new game, make the quick intro and then go to the dock and ask around, talk to trader, return to ship. should trigger immediately. takes 5 min to check.

Oh, and check your cargo bay, tab subsys , if you have the laser, then press install. Then configure it. fine

Jan 18, 2021
Not sure what's wrong here.

The very first time you meet the trader and return to the shop you get the announcement and get the free laser. Then you can make readily 10000 a day mining.
If you post your save game i'll have a look

Also, as a trial start a new game, make the quick intro and then go to the dock and ask around, talk to trader, return to ship. should trigger immediately. takes 5 min to check.

Oh, and check your cargo bay, tab subsys , if you have the laser, then press install. Then configure it. fine
That was the same issue I was having. Turns out, you have to ATTEMPT to buy the map while not having enough money to trigger the mining job.

If you grind the money through your computer and buy it without triggering the mining job first, you get stuck and cannot proceed.
May want to fix that, dev.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
That was the same issue I was having. Turns out, you have to ATTEMPT to buy the map while not having enough money to trigger the mining job.

If you grind the money through your computer and buy it without triggering the mining job first, you get stuck and cannot proceed.
May want to fix that, dev.
Awesome hint! Definitely a issue.
  • CR-0057 / V0.3 / Bug / Decline first star map offer soft locks mining task trigger (workaround: try to buy map _initially_)
Fixed in V0.3, where I anyway rework the entire space staion with new locations, a new trader npc, ...

Shady, the new space trader thanks you!

portrait_shady.png

4.30 star(s) 39 Votes