4.30 star(s) 41 Votes

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020

Unlocked

Hi everyone,
today I did two of the last mechanics parts before I can move on to quest and animations.
  • Table dancers for bar (rotate every hour, one slot implemented)
  • Shady trader shop interface (see screenshot)
Idea for the dancers is, you convince out of their luck space-captains to work in the bar for a while in exchange for the space rescue event you encounter. After all, those Flux-Regulators are not cheap...
"Captain Jenkins" from the Starship "Voyeur" comes to mind ;) ...
y.v.

Release Plan V0.3 (tentative)
  • 16.02 VIP-Tier Early Access
  • 23.02 All-Access Tier Early Access
  • 02.03. Official Patreon Release (depending on EA findings)

5 Likes
If you like the game, Please support [y.v.]
So that the game can be developed further.
Thanks

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Nice, that's a great ideal for the dancers. Bar is definitely going to need a sleazy bar owner, suggest one who proposes the ideal to the player. Somthing along the lines the bar has seen better days if only he had a better attraction to get more business. So hatching a scheme to get you into sending new indentured servants, I mean workers lolz, to his bar to pay off there dept to you. Each of which then gains a dept status with you and needs to work a certain amount of times in the bar to pay it off. Which gives leeway to each time they work in the bar they become more sluttyer, until the effect were they too start implementing new dress codes on there own crew. So as you encounter them again (rescue, putting them in a cycle of repeated dept) you can see the effect it is having.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I propose an idea for your next project. If you are interested in this concept)
I have been thinking about the possible scenarios for future games.
For the time being its getting SJX on the road, though.

For what its worth, scenarios I mulled over and put into "cold storage" are
  • Elfquest themed game (Leetah is hot!)
  • Trope-y witches college game (possibly with a female MC)
  • "Step-family" game (which have been done to death tbh)
  • Farm / breeder sim (which would need too many compromises)
  • Ponygirl training sim (a bit like the above)
In the end SJX was the concept that made it to the top of the list.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Yea, I acualy had a ideal for a parody Kill la Kill trainer game. Were the main character is mako, she is so desperate to get a suit of her own that she stumbles across one that's locked away in a room with a few 100 warning signs. She of course pays them no mind, and gets a suit named Renzo. Renzo just happens to be a complete perv, and he uses the opportunity to corrupt and slutify Mako.

I was planning on it to be a battle by night other suits to take both normal life fibers and boss life fibers. Normal ones being used to upgrade her own suit and boss life fibers to unlock new costumes changes for the suit. Each costume the suit has also has an associated daily job for Mako to work at. When upgrading the suit each level increases the stats that Mako gets for battle as well as unlocking skills at certain intervals of suit level (like a tier up). At each new tier the costume gets lewder and lewder till max tier were she is extremely exposed and maybe the suits doing somthing particularly lewd to her.

Anyhow along the way as she gets corrupted she also in turn corrupts the other characters.

I think renpy using the akabar model ui layout would be ideal.

Reactions: rambledamble

no2227

Aug 24, 2021
I have been thinking about the possible scenarios for future games.
For the time being its getting SJX on the road, though.

For what its worth, scenarios I mulled over and put into "cold storage" are
  • Elfquest themed game (Leetah is hot!)
  • Trope-y witches college game (possibly with a female MC)
  • "Step-family" game (which have been done to death tbh)
  • Farm / breeder sim (which would need too many compromises)
  • Ponygirl training sim (a bit like the above)
In the end SJX was the concept that made it to the top of the list.
good luck

F9Zoney

Jul 1, 2018
i think im stupid i cant get mining because if i switch ai core to mining i cant fly anymore. nice art but the system is confusing for the content the game gives at the moment.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hmm. Why would you possibly do that?

Just use the four components/subunits you get together with the laser.
Not necessary to cannibalize the engine config at all.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
Looks like an interesting game. I like how the artwork is different than all the daz and HS / KK games being made. Iwill have to keep an eye on this one for future development.

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
So is combat going to be turn based, is it hull points and shield points or just shields. Kinda curious as to how it's going to fit togather. Turn based combat with initiative from engines dosent seem all that bad. It be interesting to have normal random battles at locations with chances for elite enemies that drop rare ship components as salvage.

Speaking of salvage that's an interesting concept as opposed to just simply mining. Using a tractor beam instead of a mining laser to get scrap you can break down into components to sell or use. Although having to many complex systems in a game could very well get to overwhelming for you to do.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
So is combat going to be turn based, is it hull points and shield points or just shields. Kinda curious as to how it's going to fit togather. Turn based combat with initiative from engines dosent seem all that bad. It be interesting to have normal random battles at locations with chances for elite enemies that drop rare ship components as salvage.

Speaking of salvage that's an interesting concept as opposed to just simply mining. Using a tractor beam instead of a mining laser to get scrap you can break down into components to sell or use. Although having to many complex systems in a game could very well get to overwhelming for you to do.
It will most likely be turn based
  • grade of weapon and engine (and power config) will influence probability to hit resp. evade
  • grade of shield (and power config) will absorb hits before hull is damaged
  • subunits can be destroyed randomly and need to be replaced after combat
  • hull damage can repaired with nanite pods, energy pods can be used to temporarily refill shields
  • The destroyed enemy ship allows salvage of subunits, loot or slaves (if the pilot is captured in a stasis pod)
  • Missiles can be bought and used to increase your chances

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes