Nov 9, 2017
Female MC: So, what do you think of anal?
Male Love Interest: I'm done for that.
*Female MC produces a strap on*
Player: Wait...
I was thinking more like how every female character is inexplicably bi and into girls even though they may have never done it with a girl or how the male MC seems to always find the flimsiest means of talking girls into having "lesbian" sex.

Male MC: "How about we bring another girl into our sex"
Female Love Interest: "But I'm not really into girls"
Male MC: "But it will be hot"
Female LI: "Okay!" Begins to eat pussy like she's the reigning champ of a all girl sex competition

Like that but with the genders reversed. She how apoplectic str8 players would get in the same situation :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: RanliLabz

ARH25

Aug 25, 2018
I requested the medical examination branch and it didn't take too long to wait. Thanks~

Will we get a new drill sergeant too? :p

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Once you go spacecorp you never go back :love:
Well - not until your mandatory 3 year conscription period is up, anyway :ROFLMAO:
I requested the medical examination branch and it didn't take too long to wait. Thanks~
Will we get a new drill sergeant too? :p
Glad you liked it, Arraha! :D No new drill sergeant in the intro... but you'll have some new drilling options in the stat-builder part ;)

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Dialogue screen takes half a second to come up when you progress dialogue one screen at a time.
Is this real life? You can click "skip transitions" to deal with it but thats really strange default setting.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Compressed version yet?
Sorry Macfinn - Dreadder is right... this is the compressed version. I am working on a way to nudge the size down further, though ;)
Dialogue screen takes half a second to come up when you progress dialogue one screen at a time.
Is this real life? You can click "skip transitions" to deal with it but thats really strange default setting.
That's the ren'py standard dissolve feature (0.5 seconds) - pretty much universally used to avoid jerky images :)

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
That's the ren'py standard dissolve feature (0.5 seconds) - pretty much universally used to avoid jerky images :)
Are you referring to this post?
the animated scenes can be made less jerky (pun totally intended) by using the dissolve effect.
He didn't say use it for non-animated dialogue and he set it to 0.2 instead of 0.5 seconds.
I would not play renpy games if they all had half a second delay for dialogue.

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Are you referring to this post?

He didn't say use it for non-animated dialogue and he set it to 0.2 instead of 0.5 seconds.
I would not play renpy games if they all had half a second delay for dialogue.
Jayjay’s post is referring to animations rather than standard scene transitions. These are different functions and are formulated like this:
scene sargesex with dissolve
mc “Oh Boy!”
If you don’t write ‘with dissolve’ it will just jump to the next image in a jerky way. You can alter the transition period [e.g. scene sargesex with Dissolve(0.25)] but I rarely decrease it rather than increase it except in animations which have need to be faster. Transition dissolve is set as 0.5s by default in Ren‘py and is near universally used - inc. in the Ren’py tutorial :)

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Catching the thought bubbles/etc. doesn't work well for me at all - if I'm pressing spacebar through loads of text, to then have to jump to the mouse and try and click on it gets a bit annoying (especially as they often come out of the blue) and as I know I definitely want to see them, I end up reloading every time I miss it. I imagine most others do too, which makes it a bit of a non-game.
Not really a problem to me as long i am not skipping text.
- Some of the decisions are pretty hard to tell what they'll end up as from the line of text given; whilst a surprise can be good, it can mean having to re-do a section because the outcome is just not at all what was expected. Maybe a bit more description on what you're going to do would help for 'big' decisions.
That is what it means to have a game with branching decisions, you need to live with the consequences (or save and reload often). Also making the outcome of each decision visible will take away from this fact.:cool:

pilgrim2003

Dec 30, 2018
Not really a problem to me as long i am not skipping text.

That is what it means to have a game with branching decisions, you need to live with the consequences (or save and reload often). Also making the outcome of each decision visible will take away from this fact.:cool:
Nevertheless it would be marvellous and very practical to have the option to give names to the individual saves.

rfox317

May 19, 2019
Idk if this has been answered b4, but can I start with gay/bi orientation tho?
Yeah like NoStep said you technically could conceivably head canon it that MC is bi-curious or just bi-proper or bi-favoring guys but due to the level of an overhaul to preexisting content it would require for a true boys-only MC that's about the limit.

That's at the start though, and the player does retain significant control of content so YOU may see little to no f/m content ever, but for the sake of the narrative MC is either technically or actually a virgin and sexually repressed/naive (regardless of gender preferences). As the game progresses, YOU can chose whatever path you like...if Sam does it for you, Sam with Anna on the side, Anna with Sam on the Side, Anna/Sam in a box with a certain Major Fox, or if MC says f-off Anna imma stick with my man Cole he's actually really sweet you just don't understand him, or if it's all synths and surprisingly corporeal AIs all day....or Fatima...or Chad...a lot of options...more to follow I'm sure as the dev keeps soldiering on.

Hopefully those responses clarify things for you...and that the limitation isn't a problem. Initially, even starting as truly bi-male preferred wasn't 100% on the table (most you could really do I believe was bi-curious right out of the gate), but Ranli kind of decided to defer to vox populai when people were clamoring for a m/m intro, which is because he's awesome.

Last edited:

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Idk if this has been answered b4, but can I start with gay/bi orientation tho?
NoStepOnSnek and rfox317 already answered this pretty well (and thanks, Major Fox... I am awesome :ROFLMAO:). MC starting out as straight is very important for the m/m storyline - he can become bicurious from the first scene and bisexual from the scene with Lancelot - but will be able to become gay only at the very end of the prologue. Until that point, he will be extremely conflicted about his emerging feelings due to his upbringing and faith.
So I really love the game, but have a few thoughts for the dev if they happen to come across it - I'm not a big adult video game player (this is my second!), so hopefully my opinions might be useful as those of a 'newbie':

- Some of the decisions are pretty hard to tell what they'll end up as from the line of text given; whilst a surprise can be good, it can mean having to re-do a section because the outcome is just not at all what was expected. Maybe a bit more description on what you're going to do would help for 'big' decisions.

- Some of the conversations are way, way too long without anything really happening. Not saying that it just needs to be exciting scenes and that's it, but some of the conversations just sort of seem needlessly padded out (or a bit repetitive), which leads to a serious case of 'spacebar fatigue' (and the writing/story is so good I don't want to just plain ctrl-skip it) if playing for any length of time. I don't think some trimming of responses/etc. would hurt either the humour or the character development - especially with the length of the game.

- It'd be good if you could put some of the personalised options in an editable options file (I renamed Cis incorrectly and can't change it!)

- Catching the thought bubbles/etc. doesn't work well for me at all - if I'm pressing spacebar through loads of text, to then have to jump to the mouse and try and click on it gets a bit annoying (especially as they often come out of the blue) and as I know I definitely want to see them, I end up reloading every time I miss it. I imagine most others do too, which makes it a bit of a non-game.

Just thoughts - really awesome work!!!
Glad I was your second game :p It's interesting to hear from a newbie... SpaceCorps is traditionally a 'more advanced' adult game :)ROFLMAO: by which I mean the place you go when you've exhausted all the vanilla options).
- With decisions: a big part of the prologue is making the natural choice for you rather than aiming for a specific outcome. You'll be pleased to hear that in the (upcoming) Phase 2 of the game, there will be more signposting. This part, however, is all about building a personality!
- On the dialogue: lol... yeah, I can be a bit wordy :ROFLMAO:. A problem with serialisation, I'm afraid (less editing time to trim it down the way I would a complete piece).
- On Cis' name: I'm afraid that naming is a one time only thing! It's just the way the code for name changes is set up. A more accomplished python coder could prob fix that easily... but I have no idea how to even start :oops:
- Thought bubbles: lol - I've gone as far as I'm able to on that one, I'm afraid (i.e. I slowed them down by half and doubled the time limit). I'm determined to retain some of the game elements, as without them the gamier parts of Phase 2 will feel like too much of a break with the prologue.
Nevertheless it would be marvellous and very practical to have the option to give names to the individual saves.
If only I was good enough at coding to do it! Someone suggested a model to look into, so perhaps I'll manage (I really need it for the testing!)

Reactions: pilgrim2003

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
- It'd be good if you could put some of the personalised options in an editable options file (I renamed Cis incorrectly and can't change it!)
Given the nature of renpy that's not realisable.
What is possible is : - var editing via console. You need to open the file yourSpaceCorpFolder\renpy\common\00console.rpy edit (line #108) config.console = False in config.console = True save the edit. Then load your save open the now accessible console (shift + O) type cisname = 'the name you want her to have'
- saving in personalized input in order to change if you're disatified (but need to replay everything after)
- Ranli could (a technical capacity and not an obligation) make a menu (like the stable) with option to re-enter some name.

4.10 star(s) 168 Votes