Unity Spooky Starlets: Movie Maker [v1.0b] [TinyHat Studios]

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes

RegularShadow

Jan 26, 2019
really like the art style way better than the generic anime art style, and the gameplay is lacking but it's still in beta so we will see in the future where this goes. unless it gets abandoned.

Boomer07

Aug 2, 2018
Nice graphics remind me a bit of Darkstalkers.
But the game needs some instructions or a tutorial.

After the intro it just throws the screen with the cards at you not telling you anything about what to do or what all the cards mean.
Found out during playing on the top of the card are its costs, and on the bottom what you get when using it.
But I still do not have any clue what I can do with the gold earned, or how to get the people icon back, when it gets to 0.

Also why do I get the same long winded intro to a location whenever I visit it.

Well the Lady in the intro is right you are quite confused, and it does not get any better when playing :)

Erkthagreat

Aug 21, 2017
Nice graphics remind me a bit of Darkstalkers.
But the game needs some instructions or a tutorial.

After the intro it just throws the screen with the cards at you not telling you anything about what to do or what all the cards mean.
Found out during playing on the top of the card are its costs, and on the bottom what you get when using it.
But I still do not have any clue what I can do with the gold earned, or how to get the people icon back, when it gets to 0.

Also why do I get the same long winded intro to a location whenever I visit it.

Well the Lady in the intro is right you are quite confused, and it does not get any better when playing :)
I also have no idea what I'm doing and just gave up after a few rounds. Makes no sense.

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
I'll be honest, I didn't expect the gameplay change in v0.5. Then again, it's been a hot while between v0.2 and v0.5P. I just didn't expect this to turn from "just choose whatever's profitable" into "play your cards right (literally)". The only thing I don't understand is how exactly to unlock the gallery images now (considering there doesn't seem to be a way I can find to do so). I can definitely tell the VN portion of the game is under heavy construction (every story so far only has a single chapter that repeats every visit, and the vampire girl's cutout is a poorly compressed image.) which is expected of a Beta. It's definitely a good thing I can get back my interest in the development of this game because the game has definitely changed quite a bit since I last played it (v0.2, the version F95 had before v0.5P).

TL;DR: Game good, definitely keep hopes up. Solid 8/10 (★★★★☆).

cannon9009

Aug 17, 2018
That is such an incredibly stupid, and insulting, question. I do so for the same reason that I read game manuals for games like Hearts of Iron IV or Civilization VI before I start playing the game: so that I spend my valuable time playing the game rather than trying to figure out how to play the game. Games are more enjoyable when you know WTF you're doing.
You should try what I do, and just take the lack of instructions as a challenge you are tasked with solving. It makes learning how to play feel more... Rewarding? Fulfilling?

Not sure how to say it, but it's definitely better for me. It probably won't work for you, but different thoughts for different lots.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Unlocked

Phew boy, we're proud of this one! (AND it's on time, for once.)

Finally starting to feel happy where things are! The build is starting to resemble the latest batch of mockups and how I imagine the game in my head. We need to work more on mechanics and further ease of use stuff (tutorial, clearer instructions, etc) but the core framework of the engine is mostly here now!
For the next public build, we'll probably be putting out an additional proper 0.6 release for Patrons as well.
Android is still coming if we can make sure it works smoothly- but not enough time in this preview to get it out yet.
Download Link:

- - - 0.6 PREVIEW - CHANGELOG - - -
- New Animation:
Moneyshot! A classic.
- Sex Sounds & Voice Acting: For all of the starlets except for the crossover ones!
- Drusilla Intro Scene + Voice Acting: Brand new scene for Drusilla, fully voice acted!
- Francine Intro Scene + Voice Acting: Added voice acting to Francine's scene!
- Redd Intro Scene + Voice Acting: Added voice acting to Redd's scene!
- Rella Intro Scene: New intro scene for Rella! No voice acting yet.
- Updated UI Overhaul: We're continuing to tweak and improve aspects of the UI!
- Enlarged Animations: We got rid of some dead space and put more focus on the action!
- Optional Game Intro: You can now skip the intro with Claire!

Qtyaelgar

Jan 6, 2018
What the f kind of aspect ratio was this made for, can't see the bottom part of the screen on any resolution i can try. (windows)
Also, who in their right mind puts the settings menu in the gallery menu instead of the main menu, and while i'm at it, even if i try to alter the sound volume, the intro and the game will play at full volume regardless.
No matter what kind of art this game has, the programming seems to be a big pile of crap.

Reactions: GoreSlay

TheKyu

Dec 18, 2017
I think the intro is broken, out of nowhere i start playing but there's no explanation on how to play

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Unlocked

If you've played the 0.6 preview, don't get too excited for this one. It should be more stable, and it has the change to the city map part of the game (each district now should have an option displayed now), but it is largely the same as the preview. Wanted to get this out to make sure that Patrons weren't behind on the story selection like in the public version.
There's still a 0.7 preview we want to get out for you guys, hopefully by the end of this month! I'll be able to provide some peeks at what we're working to include in that soon, but for now, hope you guys enjoy the new, if minor, update!

- - - 0.6 PATREON - CHANGELOG - - -
- Multiple Optional City Scenes:
Check out some cool new scenes!
- New Animation: Moneyshot! A classic.
- Sex Sounds & Voice Acting: For all of the starlets except for the crossover ones!
- Drusilla Intro Scene + Voice Acting: Brand new scene for Drusilla, fully voice acted!
- Francine Intro Scene + Voice Acting: Added voice acting to Francine's scene!
- Redd Intro Scene + Voice Acting: Added voice acting to Redd's scene!
- Rella Intro Scene: New intro scene for Rella! No voice acting yet.
- Updated UI Overhaul: We're continuing to tweak and improve aspects of the UI!
- Enlarged Animations: We got rid of some dead space and put more focus on the action!
- Optional Game Intro: You can now skip the intro with Claire!

2.80 star(s) 10 Votes