Unity Completed SpunkStock: Music Festival [v1.0] [Regulus]

4.70 star(s) 33 Votes

Axiee

Sep 21, 2021
Osu!Mania 1k unless you roll Double mod. pretty good game though, im out here getting 0 UR plays on this

Mar 23, 2022
Funnily enough:
In game? No...
In code? technically yes.

When you beat Secret's endurance, he is technically flagged as pregnant in code. (The base code automatically flags a character as pregnant after endurance is completed). This flag is used throughout the game for certain events/endings, but obviously the character is never actually pregnant in the game.
I always liked my traps pregnant. Bad jokes aside, I'd assume it just means that the ending would be different. Also does anyone know what the price will be? I saw it was going to be released on steam next month but it doesn't have a price. I also saw some where that the menu was getting a rework next update. Does that mean my save from this won't be transferable? It would be a shame to lose my perfect run I have and have to start again.

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
I always liked my traps pregnant. Bad jokes aside, I'd assume it just means that the ending would be different. Also does anyone know what the price will be? I saw it was going to be released on steam next month but it doesn't have a price. I also saw some where that the menu was getting a rework next update. Does that mean my save from this won't be transferable? It would be a shame to lose my perfect run I have and have to start again.
Unfortunately progress will be reset in v1.0, and it will use a new save system.

The UI changes won't be too significant from v0.16. (v0.16 was most the visual/layout changes). The changes in v1.0 involving UI are mostly technical things like navigation, scaling fixes, and a couple new menus (like keybinds and save screens).

The game's base price will be $14.99 USD. Release date is set to be January 26th ^^.

I likely could have added a method of bringing the save over, but throughout the development a lot of balance adjustments have been made. Keep in mind versions before v1.0 do resemble an incomplete product. (ie, people could have gotten SS from Samga2 by pressing 1 button due to an early, silly bug. They would still have that SS going in to the completed game. Instances like this were all over the place over time, along with just imbalances in general.) I felt like it would make more sense for the official release to be blank slate on even grounds.

Mar 23, 2022
Unfortunately progress will be reset in v1.0, and it will use a new save system.

The UI changes won't be too significant from v0.16. (v0.16 was most the visual/layout changes). The changes in v1.0 involving UI are mostly technical things like navigation, scaling fixes, and a couple new menus (like keybinds and save screens).

The game's base price will be $14.99 USD. Release date is set to be January 26th ^^.

I likely could have added a method of bringing the save over, but throughout the development a lot of balance adjustments have been made. Keep in mind versions before v1.0 do resemble an incomplete product. (ie, people could have gotten SS from Samga2 by pressing 1 button due to an early, silly bug. They would still have that SS going in to the completed game. Instances like this were all over the place over time, along with just imbalances in general.) I felt like it would make more sense for the official release to be blank slate on even grounds.
Shame that I will have to start over. Not a big deal to me, I like the game. I'll be sure to get all the SS by the 30th. Although making it so that it's a fresh start and resetting all progress is a smart move. Removing any potential lingering bugs or inconstancies due to earlier bugs (like the Samga2 SS) as you mentioned. Oh if you haven't already, let people know that their earlier save can't be carried over. Don't want some upset fans due to a misinterpretation on that part. Or don't, what would I know?

Wait, if SS tokens are used for future concept art then what will it be used for in the final product? I'm excited to find out. Why is the 26th so far away? Curse you for making a dope/good game Regulus! Is the music going to be a sperate thing you can purchase as like a DLC or what ever it's called?

Reactions: RegulusNSFW

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
Shame that I will have to start over. Not a big deal to me, I like the game. I'll be sure to get all the SS by the 30th. Although making it so that it's a fresh start and resetting all progress is a smart move. Removing any potential lingering bugs or inconstancies due to earlier bugs (like the Samga2 SS) as you mentioned. Oh if you haven't already, let people know that their earlier save can't be carried over. Don't want some upset fans due to a misinterpretation on that part. Or don't, what would I know?

Wait, if SS tokens are used for future concept art then what will it be used for in the final product? I'm excited to find out. Why is the 26th so far away? Curse you for making a dope/good game Regulus! Is the music going to be a sperate thing you can purchase as like a DLC or what ever it's called?
Haha thanks ^^. Unfortunately I didn't get around to doing quite as much with the SS coins as I would have liked, but there are still some things there. The OST won't be on Steam (at least not right at launch), but Wishful Simping will be posting it on several streaming services like Spotify. (Currently there is a good amount of the OST on our youtube channel.)

gyrobot

Dec 20, 2017
Full Save. All SS+

qsvdtqlsvdtqlsvdtpqyp#svdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtpsvdtpsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdt#svdtqsvdtwsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtfsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdt#svdtqsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdt#svdt#svdtqsvdtrsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdt#svdt#svdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdt#svdtqsvdtrlwsvdt#svdtrlwsvdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdt#svdtqsvdt#svdt#svdt#
View attachment 2085002
It's broken for some reason, all I get is a bunch gibberish

Yalon

Mar 26, 2018
Haha thanks ^^. Unfortunately I didn't get around to doing quite as much with the SS coins as I would have liked, but there are still some things there. The OST won't be on Steam (at least not right at launch), but Wishful Simping will be posting it on several streaming services like Spotify. (Currently there is a good amount of the OST on our youtube channel.)
Will you also offer the full OST as an offline download? I'm vehemently against streaming services on my PC and youtube quality isn't up there.
BandAmp or just on itch.io possibly?

Also, will the full game on be on itch as a separate entry or the demo get upgraded? Really looking forward to it!

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
Will you also offer the full OST as an offline download? I'm vehemently against streaming services on my PC and youtube quality isn't up there.
BandAmp or just on itch.io possibly?

Also, will the full game on be on itch as a separate entry or the demo get upgraded? Really looking forward to it!
It's possible, but likely not at launch. (For the offline OST).

The full game will be on a separate itch.io page than the demo. The page is actually up right now(Though no download will be available until launch - January 26th).

Thanks ^^

Reactions: afedvfe

theMario3721

Jan 20, 2020
It's possible, but likely not at launch. (For the offline OST).

The full game will be on a separate itch.io page than the demo. The page is actually up right now(Though no download will be available until launch - January 26th).

Thanks ^^
Will you be using regional pricing in the Steam release? I want to buy the game, but depending on its price in Brazil that can change my plans of buying it or not if it's just a dollar to real conversion.

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
Will you be using regional pricing in the Steam release? I want to buy the game, but depending on its price in Brazil that can change my plans of buying it or not if it's just a dollar to real conversion.
Yup! There will be regional pricing on Steam.

R345OT

Jan 25, 2022
Honestly this game is a blast, the simplicity of the rhythm based gameplay is really fun af and the animations are pretty good- and don't even get me started on the music, simply bangers- which are obviously the real focus of the game and done very wonderfully.
But that aside, the world (and UI but that could just be me) leaves quite a handful to be desired (atleast in my opinion)- basically i mean a layer of polish- filling or resizing the world or scenes, a couple of slight perspective adjustments or some kinda base dialogue to have a simulation of plot progression?
Again its not really a like very needed thing without which the game is unplayable, because its really fun as is; But is a polish planned, perhaps after release? Just wanted to know.
Even without it, this has been one of the most fun games I've followed, great work and will be keeping an eye out for any future productions (y)

Reactions: Ryzoslaw

RegulusNSFW

Mar 21, 2021
Honestly this game is a blast, the simplicity of the rhythm based gameplay is really fun af and the animations are pretty good- and don't even get me started on the music, simply bangers- which are obviously the real focus of the game and done very wonderfully.
But that aside, the world (and UI but that could just be me) leaves quite a handful to be desired (atleast in my opinion)- basically i mean a layer of polish- filling or resizing the world or scenes, a couple of slight perspective adjustments or some kinda base dialogue to have a simulation of plot progression?
Again its not really a like very needed thing without which the game is unplayable, because its really fun as is; But is a polish planned, perhaps after release? Just wanted to know.
Even without it, this has been one of the most fun games I've followed, great work and will be keeping an eye out for any future productions (y)
Ya, the game is made by a just couple of us. (2 Core members, and a musician). We have our areas where we shine, but unfortunately there are some things that are a bit out of our field of expertise. UI being a main one, along with the pixel art. We do the best we can in areas we are stronger at in hopes it makes up for areas we lack in. At the start of the project, we didn't have an existing following as developers (as it was our first actual "game"). Theoretically I could have gotten a couple extra members for UI and pixel art as our support grew, but as a new game developer, I didn't want to get too ambitious too fast. I wanted to get a project under our belt with no big hitches.

Now that we have a little more weight in terms of a following, and budget, and I have more confidence as a developer/project lead, we have added a 3rd core member on to our team for the next project. While we still might not cover ALL aspects, things should be much more well-rounded in that aspect I think. I don't want to rush with our growth. I want to improve just a few steps at a time, so I don't bite off more than I can chew as a project lead. I feel the result of jumping too far could backfire due to inadequate project management, which obviously isn't fair to the supporters.

Basically to answer your question (I got a bit derailed there), there are no plans to polish up SpunkStock after v1.0 other than perhaps bug fixes. We will be shifting focus to our next project, and moving forward.

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Ya, the game is made by a just couple of us. (2 Core members, and a musician). We have our areas where we shine, but unfortunately there are some things that are a bit out of our field of expertise. UI being a main one, along with the pixel art. We do the best we can in areas we are stronger at in hopes it makes up for areas we lack in. At the start of the project, we didn't have an existing following as developers (as it was our first actual "game"). Theoretically I could have gotten a couple extra members for UI and pixel art as our support grew, but as a new game developer, I didn't want to get too ambitious too fast. I wanted to get a project under our belt with no big hitches.

Now that we have a little more weight in terms of a following, and budget, and I have more confidence as a developer/project lead, we have added a 3rd core member on to our team for the next project. While we still might not cover ALL aspects, things should be much more well-rounded in that aspect I think. I don't want to rush with our growth. I want to improve just a few steps at a time, so I don't bite off more than I can chew as a project lead. I feel the result of jumping too far could backfire due to inadequate project management, which obviously isn't fair to the supporters.

Basically to answer your question (I got a bit derailed there), there are no plans to polish up SpunkStock after v1.0 other than perhaps bug fixes. We will be shifting focus to our next project, and moving forward.
I appreciate that kind of mindset. I think it's a practical and stable approach and I wish more devs thought like that. You making it to the finish line with a decent product is an accomplishment you can be proud of.

R345OT

Jan 25, 2022

Completely understandable, and honestly a neat decision. I know the feeling of dwelling on one thing too long and keep trying to fix it up only to feel less and less satisfied or get completely side-tracked and that kinda sucks stuff out of you. Props to you on the firm approach. Like I said before the game is still a nice complete package in my eyes, and a really fun one!
Looking forward to the next project!

KasperSky

Feb 20, 2018

Congrats on making it to the finish line, thats a rare thing for mainstream games nowadays, let alone nsfw ones. Excited for what comes next, you guys are the gold standard for nsfw game development.

FguiguF

Jan 25, 2023
qsvdtrsvdtfsvdtwlpgsvdt#svdtqsvdt#svdtqsvdt#svdt#svdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtpsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdt#svdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtpsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtqsvdtq

4.70 star(s) 33 Votes