RPGM Completed Squirrel Legacy II: Children of the Nut [v1.0] [Obscure Productions]

2.60 star(s) 8 Votes

genericplant

Apr 20, 2022
I finished all the routes in the first game, and dang, I did not expect to enjoy a game where the antagonist is a giant squirrel but by the holy nut I did.

The random battles was a bit annoying and as always with a good game, it was too short. But otherwise it was a 10/10 as far as these types of games go. The library scenes and the bar scene are exactly the type of stuff I want to see in a game,not to mention the non harem-endings scenes

Good job mr Obscure

I'd very much like to jump into the second game, but I think I'll wait until its in a more complete state. I understand it was put on hold for a while due to patreon shenanigans but it seems to have picked up nicely again.

Queen_Nothing

Dec 22, 2021
Just got to the part with the Tether, could do with a little explanation.

The Tether seems to be a limiter on the number of places we can visit at this stage, with each 'step' triggering 'conversation' scenes in towns. Is there a formula for figuring out/manipulating who Stewart pursues, or is it just ticking down a list of interactions that are keyed to happen at each 'step'? I found Stewart/Lindsey in one town and had a conversation with them, which I'm assuming cockblocked that route from advancing? Is that a way to prevent certain girls routes from advancing?*

*Okay yes, that seems to be the case. Save/loading to see the difference; one was just a fruitless conversation, the other was Heather sucking Stewarts dick.

Also, what are these random stats? Like talking to Heather sometimes gets me 'Interspecies Relations +1', while talking to Lindsey gives me 'Relationship Counciling +1'. Is this the groundwork of some sort of player-focused affection system?

Not even sure what I'm supposed to be doing, just kinda bumbling around. Probably supposed to be looking for 'Fragments', but there's seemingly nothing in any town except triggering conversation scenes.

Also does getting someone 'the job' in Evergreen lock out/influence routes? I'm guessing maybe Stewart can't start getting 'acquainted' with a girl that's missing for that part of the story. For example, I can't seem to find the redhead at all during any of the 'tether' step town conversation, so I'm guessing whoever you 'get the job' becomes unavailable?

Last edited:

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Just got to the part with the Tether, could do with a little explanation.

The Tether seems to be a limiter on the number of places we can visit at this stage, with each 'step' triggering 'conversation' scenes in towns. Is there a formula for figuring out/manipulating who Stewart pursues, or is it just ticking down a list of interactions that are keyed to happen at each 'step'? I found Stewart/Lindsey in one town and had a conversation with them, which I'm assuming cockblocked that route from advancing? Is that a way to prevent certain girls routes from advancing?*

*Okay yes, that seems to be the case. Save/loading to see the difference; one was just a fruitless conversation, the other was Heather sucking Stewarts dick.

Also, what are these random stats? Like talking to Heather sometimes gets me 'Interspecies Relations +1', while talking to Lindsey gives me 'Relationship Counciling +1'. Is this the groundwork of some sort of player-focused affection system?

Not even sure what I'm supposed to be doing, just kinda bumbling around. Probably supposed to be looking for 'Fragments', but there's seemingly nothing in any town except triggering conversation scenes.

Also does getting someone 'the job' in Evergreen lock out/influence routes? I'm guessing maybe Stewart can't start getting 'acquainted' with a girl that's missing for that part of the story. For example, I can't seem to find the redhead at all during any of the 'tether' step town conversation, so I'm guessing whoever you 'get the job' becomes unavailable?
During the day before you leave town there are clues on where you should go.

Bumbling and not knowing what you are doing is intentional.

It's not a ground work for a player focused affection system. You can get a Girlfriend and do stuff with her. Should be able to get her to second tier by the time the tether hits.

Nicole likes to hang out in bars. You can talk to her if you want. But it might be a waste of time.

The_Coomer

Apr 23, 2020
if you put handholding in this im goining to cancel you. thats some real fucked up shit.
Handholding is borderline. If he puts in consensual sex, in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation, that will be it.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
Did the game come out yesterday ? i checked Subscribestar and i believe that it did, but i can never figure out that site so i'm not sure.

cgasper

Sep 2, 2017
Did the game come out yesterday ? i checked Subscribestar and i believe that it did, but i can never figure out that site so i'm not sure.
The update was early 25th yes.
Usually takes about a week for it to go public so it will probably be here after the new year.

2.60 star(s) 8 Votes