RPGM Completed Squirrel Legacy II: Children of the Nut [v1.0] [Obscure Productions]

2.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Cynical Uke

Jun 1, 2018
I played a bit and got to where I could travel and pass days and Stewie wasn't seeming to ever spend time with the sacrificed girl, guess I'll stick with it if that'll start back up later.

Will the chosen sacrifice also be an option for the MC to try to romance?

Also did some save file tweaking to max squirrels relations with the 3 non-sacrifice girls to fill their gallery scenes and got a 'bad' end next time I left to the overworld.

So does the game get cut short like that if you let squirrel bro naturally get a full harem over the course of the game, or is that just triggered because I didn't progress main quest at all while maxing squirrelxgirl relations?

Shadowesnay

Apr 3, 2019
I played a bit and got to where I could travel and pass days and Stewie wasn't seeming to ever spend time with the sacrificed girl, guess I'll stick with it if that'll start back up later.

Will the chosen sacrifice also be an option for the MC to try to romance?

Also did some save file tweaking to max squirrels relations with the 3 non-sacrifice girls to fill their gallery scenes and got a 'bad' end next time I left to the overworld.

So does the game get cut short like that if you let squirrel bro naturally get a full harem over the course of the game, or is that just triggered because I didn't progress main quest at all while maxing squirrelxgirl relations?
What program did you use and I hope you can share that

genericplant

Apr 20, 2022
Recently played through the first game again after a year. Did the mother route and damn it's still a surprisingly ingenious ntr gem.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is a dimension of NTR that is rarely seen.

The way the stuff happens behind the players back semi-dynamically when he is carrying out a simple task, fetching drinks at the bar or gathering books at a library is something I really wish more rpgm games used instead of favoring more static scenes.

The endings where
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is another super simple but very effective way of making the game feel more dynamic. I think there could be a huge potential for creativity there.

I know the second game has some of that and I hope that is developed upon further and that other devs take notice. Most rpgm games just shows you a pixel animation (at best) that's static, non-changing and then later you can go to a recollection room to see what happened but having the scene and the lead up to you scene happen before your eyes dynamically like that just makes it more effective.

If the dev or someone with rpgm skills is reading this, how much of a pain in the ass is it to set up those dynamic events? Such as the library/bar scene in the first game where the npcs starts sucking squirrel dick the second you turn your back to them?
I feel like if it was not a pain in the ass then we'd be seeing a lot more of those events in games where they have gone to the efforts of creating pixel animations.

To the Dev:
Since we're coming closer to the day when this game will be declared finished, do you have any plans for the future? Maybe you feel like you can finally escape the torrent of "next update when" and take a break/leave game dev or do you still feel motivated to continue creating these kinds of games?

Reactions: zirpcev

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
To the Dev:
Since we're coming closer to the day when this game will be declared finished, do you have any plans for the future? Maybe you feel like you can finally escape the torrent of "next update when" and take a break/leave game dev or do you still feel motivated to continue creating these kinds of games?
I do have ideas. But I don't actually know how much game I have left in me. Not sure how this is going to go.
Think I should stick around and polish this one for a bit. See how things go.
I mean I have the Date Engine here. I can add the odd thing to that indefinitely.

genericplant

Apr 20, 2022
I do have ideas. But I don't actually know how much game I have left in me. Not sure how this is going to go.
Think I should stick around and polish this one for a bit. See how things go.
I mean I have the Date Engine here. I can add the odd thing to that indefinitely.
A measured response! Very understandable

I'm looking forward to see how this game ends and anything beyond that will be a nice surprise if it does happen

good luck!

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
Okay so...against my better judgement i decided to try out the new Update and see what's new. I used save editor so i was breezing through the game at a relatively quick pace so i decided to try out different routes, in this one i wanted to see what it's like to max out a relationship between Bob and Nicole, which i did, but now i wanna to see what it's like to lose her to Stewart, but no matter what i do, i CAN'T lose Stewart's challange, this must be my 25th attempt, but not matter what dialogue i pick i keep gaining points while Stewart keeps losing them.
Quick side note: I tried doing this exact same thing after the previous Update (7b) was released back in 2022, but i had the exact same problem.

1699810972378.png

Last edited:

Cynical Uke

Jun 1, 2018
So what are the exact circumstances that can trigger the bad end where Stewart has sex with all 3 non-sacrifice girls and then the home village is populated with almost nothing but squirrels and a few women left? Is it just from letting Stewart get to max relation with all 3 of them or can it be avoided by progressing sufficiently in the story before that happens?

Got it while messing around with save editing and wondering if I can play the game normally while letting Stewart get the whole harem, or if I have to cock-block him from at least one girl in order to not get bad-ended before reaching an actual 'reach the end of the game' ending.

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Okay so...against my better judgement i decided to try out the new Update and see what's new. I used save editor so i was breezing through the game at a relatively quick phase so i decided to try out different routes, in this one i wanted to see what it's like to max out a relationship between Bob and Nicole, which i did, but now i wanna to see what it's like to lose her to Stewart, but no matter what i do, i CAN'T lose Stewart's challange, this must be my 25th attempt, but not matter what dialogue i pick i keep gaining points while Stewart keeps losing them.
Quick side note: I tried doing this exact same thing after the previous Update (7b) was released back in 2022, but i had the exact same problem.

View attachment 3080995
Finally some feedback on the challenge system. It's possible to lose if your relationship is weak. Especially with declarations.
There isn't really a mechanism for losing a girl with a great relationship...
Except for Nicole. That one is in.
Check out the underground in Greenvale at night. You might find something.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
Finally some feedback on the challenge system. It's possible to lose if your relationship is weak. Especially with declarations.
There isn't really a mechanism for losing a girl with a great relationship...
Except for Nicole. That one is in.
Check out the underground in Greenvale at night. You might find something.
I already knew that i can lose the challenge when the relationship is low, i usually just spam the same answer and it gets the job done, i just couldn't figure out a way to lose this one since my relationship is maxed out with Nicole.
On that note, what am i supposed to find in Greenvale ? i just checked and there's nothing there. I checked multiple times but it's the same.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
I already knew that i can lose the challenge when the relationship is low, i usually just spam the same answer and it gets the job done, i just couldn't figure out a way to lose this one since my relationship is maxed out with Nicole.
On that note, what am i supposed to find in Greenvale ? i just checked and there's nothing there. I checked multiple times but it's the same.
Nevermind i just found it but...how does that help me lose Nicole, first i thought that Nicole's gonna catch me and that's how the relationship ends, but everything's the same, i still win when Stewart challenges me xd

Last edited:

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Nevermind i just found it but...how does that help me lose Nicole, first i thought that Nicole's gonna catch me and that's how the relationship ends, but everything's the same, i still win when Stewart challenges me xd
The relationship continues but everything isn't the same.

Jacopoo

Apr 30, 2017
Feel like a guide would help, at some points I end up running all through the map searching for the next plot point. The fact some towns don't even show their name kinda sucks

BKRD

Jan 21, 2018
The last part of the current version misss the little harem scene we had in the first game (where the mc go alone) but outside of that it's cool, eager to see the end of the game

ckannibal

May 18, 2017
I dont even need a full save, i just dont want to have to do the "intro" again. Where you have met most of the characters

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure i saw a post somewhere here that the last dungeon and the endings will be added sometime in december, how much of that is true ?

Now that i've reached the end of the current content and got a clearer picture of how things will play out in the end i gotta say i'm looking forward to it much more than before. I did 2 separate playthroughs so far but now that i know that the game changes based on who gets corrupted by Stewart and who gets in relationship with Bob i'm pretty sure that i'd need to do at least 6 playthroughs if i wanna see everything, which i'd gladly do now that i know where to go and what to look for, but i don't wanna play them until the last dungeon and the endings are in the game as well.
//btw a quest tracker would help a lot in this game, or just an exclamation mark above doors and people cause i'm pretty sure many people abandon this game just because they don't know how to progress in the story//

Reactions: VGOAT and ktez
2.60 star(s) 8 Votes